pldeutelephonz

Lego Bail Organa's airspeeder.

I just designed a lego set for Bail Organa's speeder featuring Senator Bail Organa himself and Jett Jukassa as well as some clonetroopers from the 501st. Please go check it out.

lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/56851

I don't know how lego would feel about making a set which depicts a teenager being murdered, but the model itself looks pretty good. I particularly like the design of the door on the platform because it looks old style.

Thanks guys! I appreciate the support!

I don't know how lego would feel about making a set which depicts a teenager being murdered, but the model itself looks pretty good. I particularly like the design of the door on the platform because it looks old style.

Basically I have done what I could to mask the fact that that scene is a bit violent. Another thing is lego can market a set in different ways. For example darth Vader transformation is based on a very gory and intense scene of anakin being reconstructed if you watch the film. But the set is designed as a character set and focuses more on Darth Vader than the gory reconstruction. That is the same method lego could use for order 66 scenes. The airspeeder is the focus more than the Jedi being killed. Edited by pldeutelephonz

I just designed a lego set for Bail Organa's speeder featuring Senator Bail Organa himself and Jett Jukassa as well as some clonetroopers from the 501st. Please go check it out.

You might want to post some of the images here as well and possibly some more info. Otherwise is looks more like an advert :wink:.

I like the smallish design of the speeder, but the landing platform is a little bare, maybe add some railings or tiles on the floor.

You might want to post some of the images here as well and possibly some more info. Otherwise is looks more like an advert :wink:.

I like the smallish design of the speeder, but the landing platform is a little bare, maybe add some railings or tiles on the floor.

thanks for the feedback. I don't have flickr so can't post images to this page and believe me I have tried. So I did what I could. The sets focal point is the airspeeder and the landing pad and door are secondary features so it doesn't really matter as much. Thanks.

who are you? The child police? Basically I have done what I could to mask the fact that that scene is a bit violent. Another thing is lego can market a set in different ways. For example darth Vader transformation is based on a very gory and intense scene of anakin being reconstructed if you watch the film. But the set is designed as a character set and focuses more on Darth Vader than the gory reconstruction. That is the same method lego could use for order 66 scenes. The airspeeder is the focus more than the Jedi being killed.

Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with this being a set, I'm a supporter on cuusoo. I just think the title, "order 66 collection" (order 66 being kill all jedi) might push lego in the wrong direction. just my opinion though.

thanks for the feedback. I don't have flickr so can't post images to this page and believe me I have tried. So I did what I could. The sets focal point is the airspeeder and the landing pad and door are secondary features so it doesn't really matter as much. Thanks.

It's quite obvious you don't think the landing pad and door are important, seeing as how the door is a direct copy of the one from Jedi Defence II. and that the landing pad is just a plate not connected to anything. Also a mention is that you were told before not post topics that are purely for advertisement of a CUUSOO project.

The project looks good. :classic:

Unfortunately, on EB, we don't allow you to post something just as an advertisement for a CUUSOO project. The Member Guidelines state:

Edited by Ritz Brick

who are you? The child police? Basically I have done what I could to mask the fact that that scene is a bit violent. Another thing is lego can market a set in different ways. For example darth Vader transformation is based on a very gory and intense scene of anakin being reconstructed if you watch the film. But the set is designed as a character set and focuses more on Darth Vader than the gory reconstruction. That is the same method lego could use for order 66 scenes. The airspeeder is the focus more than the Jedi being killed.

There's sort of a big difference. Darth Vader didn't die and he was a consenting adult and a villain and without that operation he would have died. This on the other hand is darker, a kid is overpowered by several adults while trying to run away and is murdered in cold blood while Bail Organa watches. Child murder is on a different level than a burn victim getting an operation.

If you want to portray order 66 I get that, it's a very powerful part of the Star Wars story, but this is a little too pointed. If it were just a Jedi temple with an equal amount of Jedi to clones (Like a defend the temple set) than I probably wouldn't think twice about it, but this is too specific of a scene for me to forget that a kid's about to be brutally murdered. And based on the Lego standards I have a hard time imaging that Lego would okay this set without heavy modifications. I will say that I really like the airspeeder though and do think that it is deserving of a set, but perhaps Bail Organa picking up Yoda after his duel with the emperor would be a much more kid friendly option.

Edited by strangely

With this 'child murder' discussion, people seem to forget the newer General Grievous' Starfighter? A set that features a Padawan (Nahdar Vebb) who appeared in just one Clone Wars episode and got killed in said episode by Greivous. Yes, LEGO will produce (young) characters that die.

With this 'child murder' discussion, people seem to forget the newer General Grievous' Starfighter? A set that features a Padawan (Nahdar Vebb) who appeared in just one Clone Wars episode and got killed in said episode by Greivous. Yes, LEGO will produce (young) characters that die.

Nahdar Vebb neither looks like a child or a human, and I'm betting that makes the difference. Parents woudn't be able to tell by looking at that set that he's a young character. I mean I can't even find his age online and just looking at pictures I wouldn't have guessed. There's definitely a difference between an alien with no obvious indication of age other than being a padawan and Zett Jukassa who's 10 and looks 10.

I mean I'll agree Lego has let some questionable things slide before, but this is a little different. Also it comes from a live action movie which is more intense than a cartoon.

Edited by strangely

The image is already online, so why would you need flickr?

Also: great model!

thumb640x360.jpg

Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with this being a set, I'm a supporter on cuusoo. I just think the title, "order 66 collection" (order 66 being kill all jedi) might push lego in the wrong direction. just my opinion though.

oh well the order 66 collection is just my working title because you aren't allowed the lego logo or the star wars logo so I had to design my own logo for the box art. Sorry for any misunderstanding :)

Nahdar Vebb neither looks like a child or a human, and I'm betting that makes the difference. Parents woudn't be able to tell by looking at that set that he's a young character. I mean I can't even find his age online and just looking at pictures I wouldn't have guessed. There's definitely a difference between an alien with no obvious indication of age other than being a padawan and Zett Jukassa who's 10 and looks 10.

I mean I'll agree Lego has let some questionable things slide before, but this is a little different. Also it comes from a live action movie which is more intense than a cartoon.

As I have already stated the airspeeder is the focal point of the set and any excess is simply excess. But it is up to Lego to make it sickly sweet and child friendly. :)

The image is already online, so why would you need flickr?

Also: great model!

thumb640x360.jpg

I mean that I don't have the ability to post images to this forum. Its an issue because I have no image hosting site Like flickr so have limiter abilities with my posts.

It's quite obvious you don't think the landing pad and door are important, seeing as how the door is a direct copy of the one from Jedi Defence II. and that the landing pad is just a plate not connected to anything. Also a mention is that you were told before not post topics that are purely for advertisement of a CUUSOO project. [/font][/color]

So you decided to have a go at my design rather than the presentation or any good points of the set. Why the animosity? I am able to post words but not images. I have not named the post a cuusoo project because I am being deliberately careful about that. I cannot post images to a thread so there is no point elaborating on my moc/project. Thank you for your loving input.

I mean that I don't have the ability to post images to this forum. Its an issue because I have no image hosting site Like flickr so have limiter abilities with my posts.

So you decided to have a go at my design rather than the presentation or any good points of the set. Why the animosity? I am able to post words but not images. I have not named the post a cuusoo project because I am being deliberately careful about that. I cannot post images to a thread so there is no point elaborating on my moc/project. Thank you for your loving input.

You have seemed rather testy in several of your replies...

If you want constructive feedback then you should post your creations someplace like this, if you can't handle any criticism you should probably look somewhere else for pats on the back.

Some of the comments above are spot on, TLG would never produce a set that was marketed like this. You could probably have the same exact things included and just framed in a different way so that the entire scene wasn't revolving around the killing of the boy. Also, you may not feel the need to emphasize the landing platform or doorway but you have essentially presented them as your own creation which they are not. You have designed a pretty cool speeder there, I am sure than 30 minutes of effort and you could come up with something equally suitable.

As far as advertizing your project...

lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/56851

Well that's exactly what you did :innocent2: . By not embedding a picture you are forcing anyone who reads this to go to your Cuusoo page in order to see what you are talking about.

Here is the EB tutorial on how to post pics http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=18451

Follow the instructions in there and you can post any pic that is already on the web, which your project obviously is. Also flickr is free so I don't see what your issue would be there...

I think you're taking it a bit personally, it's not phrased tactfully but he's just saying the platform isn't a strong point. Constructive criticism can be a tool to making the best moc possible. There's more to a winning Cuusoo project than just presentation, the design is just as important. Getting 10,000 Cuusoo votes is a hard task, and having one weak element even if unimportant could impede your goal. That's part of why there's a comment section on Cuusoo so that people can offer constructive criticism as needed. You don't have to accept all advice, but sometimes it helps to take a step back and consider if you can make improvements.

As for the pictures there's multiple ways to upload things. Brickshelf is one that's pretty commonly used. Other image upload sites beyond Flickr exist and I'm sure a Google search will direct you to a good number of websites that can do that. Might I ask why you cannot use Flickr? Perhaps someone here can help you find a way to upload the pictures.

I like the concept, but (a) poor execution(I really don't like that speeder), and (b) you could make it just Bail's speeder, include the characters, but also maybe a battle droid or something so that killing the kid wouldn't be the focus.

I just don't see your models worth supporting. You do have good Ideas, execution could use some work though. Just my two cents.

Also regarding Flickr, I got an account a few months ago just to post images here. My main problem is taking pics seeing as how I only have an android and that's a pain to upload with. But, I don't see why you can't use Flickr. Besides, just use somewhere else.

All right, as a reminder directed a no one in particular: relevant parts of the Member Guidelines:

[...]

CUUSOO: If you have a great MOC, that is also a CUUSOO project, you may present it on EB as you would any MOC, with a single link to the CUUSOO entry. Make the title about the MOC, not the CUUSOO business; don't be too shouty, and it is likely to be tolerated. You need to be thinking: 'I want people on EB to see my MOC and comment on it. If they like it, perhaps they'll support it on CUUSOO', rather than: 'I want CUUSOO support! If I post it on EB, perhaps more people will vote!.

[...]

Manners and Serious Topics: Don't be offensive to other members. We like Eurobricks to be a friendly place to discuss LEGO and won't allow posts that are intended to offend or attack. For the same reason, topics about religion or politics are not welcome on Eurobricks.

[...]

Staff: [...] Similarly, if you're not staff don't act like you are. Telling new members site rules from time to time is one thing, but don't make a habit of being a mini-modder. Use the "Report" button instead.

[...]

who are you? The child police?

This sort of response doesn't seem necessary. All he was doing was saying that he didn't think the concept would pass as a LEGO set.

He's just telling you what about the project needs improvement. If you don't want constructive criticism, then you should probably say so beforehand. And as has been said, yes, you do have the ability to post images, you're just choosing not to sign up for the right websites — there's no reason why you can't embed CUUSOO images or sign up for flickr; you don't need to get defensive just because some members are telling you what would make your topic better.

Also a mention is that you were told before not post topics that are purely for advertisement of a CUUSOO project. [/font][/color]

It doesn't seem that much like an advertisement to me; it seems more like he decided to post it on CUUSOO and not on any other sites and didn't embed any images. It's not the best of presentations, no, but he's telling people to go to CUUSOO to check out his creation, not to vote for it, and it is only one link.

I think you're taking it a bit personally, it's not phrased tactfully but he's just saying the platform isn't a strong point. Constructive criticism can be a tool to making the best moc possible. There's more to a winning Cuusoo project than just presentation, the design is just as important. Getting 10,000 Cuusoo votes is a hard task, and having one weak element even if unimportant could impede your goal. That's part of why there's a comment section on Cuusoo so that people can offer constructive criticism as needed. You don't have to accept all advice, but sometimes it helps to take a step back and consider if you can make improvements.

As for the pictures there's multiple ways to upload things. Brickshelf is one that's pretty commonly used. Other image upload sites beyond Flickr exist and I'm sure a Google search will direct you to a good number of websites that can do that. Might I ask why you cannot use Flickr? Perhaps someone here can help you find a way to upload the pictures.

This, exactly this.

So, remember that you're probably going to get some criticism, that constructive criticism is a good thing, that you can't control what people say about your MOCs, only how you respond, that being polite is still important for both parties in regards to constructive criticism, and that there's no need to attack or insult people.

I like the concept, but (a) poor execution(I really don't like that speeder), and (b) you could make it just Bail's speeder, include the characters, but also maybe a battle droid or something so that killing the kid wouldn't be the focus.

I just don't see your models worth supporting. You do have good Ideas, execution could use some work though. Just my two cents.

Also regarding Flickr, I got an account a few months ago just to post images here. My main problem is taking pics seeing as how I only have an android and that's a pain to upload with. But, I don't see why you can't use Flickr. Besides, just use somewhere else.

I can't use flickr because frankly I don't feel like setting up an account just to post a few images to a forum. I'm not wasting time like that and I don't care what you say about what I could've done because that is not the focus of the post. Follow the link, thats the purpose. You just don't feel like supporting? You said you don't like the speeder and give no reason why. Can you understand that a lot of criticism from different people can make people feel disheartened. I know its just a forum but maybe your wording could be nicer so that it doesn't sound antagonising. That can happen when your just reading text. Thanks for your input.

Thanks for your comment. I have to be more open to criticism and thats one of my trials. ;)

You have seemed rather testy in several of your replies...

If you want constructive feedback then you should post your creations someplace like this, if you can't handle any criticism you should probably look somewhere else for pats on the back.

Some of the comments above are spot on, TLG would never produce a set that was marketed like this. You could probably have the same exact things included and just framed in a different way so that the entire scene wasn't revolving around the killing of the boy. Also, you may not feel the need to emphasize the landing platform or doorway but you have essentially presented them as your own creation which they are not. You have designed a pretty cool speeder there, I am sure than 30 minutes of effort and you could come up with something equally suitable.

As far as advertizing your project...

Well that's exactly what you did :innocent2: . By not embedding a picture you are forcing anyone who reads this to go to your Cuusoo page in order to see what you are talking about.

Here is the EB tutorial on how to post pics http://www.eurobrick...showtopic=18451

Follow the instructions in there and you can post any pic that is already on the web, which your project obviously is. Also flickr is free so I don't see what your issue would be there...

Well I don't plan on creating a flickr account so you'll just have to follow the link to the cuusoo page. I'm not asking for support but I'm showcasing what I have made. The rest is up to you. I think that I responded aggressively because the criticism was written with little tact and nobody has really balanced the criticism with positive feedback. So I would appreciate it if you didnt preach to me about criticism.

I can't use flickr because frankly I don't feel like setting up an account just to post a few images to a forum. I'm not wasting time like that and I don't care what you say about what I could've done because that is not the focus of the post. Follow the link, thats the purpose. You just don't feel like supporting? You said you don't like the speeder and give no reason why. Can you understand that a lot of criticism from different people can make people feel disheartened. I know its just a forum but maybe your wording could be nicer so that it doesn't sound antagonising. That can happen when your just reading text. Thanks for your input.

Thanks for your comment. I have to be more open to criticism and thats one of my trials. ;)

Well I don't plan on creating a flickr account so you'll just have to follow the link to the cuusoo page. I'm not asking for support but I'm showcasing what I have made. The rest is up to you. I think that I responded aggressively because the criticism was written with little tact and nobody has really balanced the criticism with positive feedback. So I would appreciate it if you didnt preach to me about criticism.

apart from your positive feedback.

I can't use flickr because frankly I don't feel like setting up an account just to post a few images to a forum. I'm not wasting time like that and I don't care what you say about what I could've done because that is not the focus of the post.

If that's going to be your attitude towards posting on EB, then with all due respect, I think you can expect to get the response you've been getting on EB. If you think you can't be bothered to "waste time" "just to post a few images", then I think other members are completely justified in criticizing your presentation.

If that's going to be your attitude towards posting on EB, then with all due respect, I think you can expect to get the response you've been getting on EB. If you think you can't be bothered to "waste time" "just to post a few images", then I think other members are completely justified in criticizing your presentation.

Well thats how it is. If the forum can't support a few photos without a photo sharing site eg flickr then what kind of forum is it? But I'm quite happy to post more description.

Okay, I can understand not wanting to open up another account somewhere just to upload pictures, it's a hassle and it's just one more account that you have to manage, so I'll give a brief description on how to post your Cuusoo images onto EB.

On your Cuusoo page right click your image and select copy image URL. Above where you type in your post here there's several buttons. If you hit the square with the tree on it a box will come up and ask for a URL. Paste the the URL from your picture and your done.

It's as easy as that. My suggestion is to go back and edit your first post, and add in the picture. Having a picture on the first post is pretty important. There's nothing wrong with linking to a site with your work on it, but it adds another step to the process for people and that might cause a bad first impression. Going out of your way to add the picture and a description right here shows effort and people are more likely to give your work a look. First impressions are everything for mocs, if the first impression fails then people won't take the time to look deeply at your work. It only takes a minute to copy and paste from your Cuusoo page and it will save you a lot of grief next time.

Edited by strangely

Agreed, why should I waste my time looking at a set that will never be made. Sorry but TLG is never going to make a set based on order 66 and the Jedi temple due to events that occurred there. You are much better off associating it with Yoda escaping.

Telling your audience their opinion doesn't matter, while needing their vote and word of mouth, seems greatly misguided.

The reason I don't like the speeder is because I think it's too compact. I think it needs to be wider and a little smoother. Also, the kid is a little, inaccurate. So yeah. That's why I don't like it.

All due respect, I wasn't antagonizing, nor I was I trying to sound that way. You just have to see not everyone's gonna like your execution of an idea. And the "thanks for your input", sounds like sarcasm because you obviously didn't appreciate my feedback. I respect that, but don't try to thank me when you didn't appreciate what I was trying to say. This whole quote is showing your attitude to all who have been trying to help you. Now I know I'm not gonna support, because of a bad attitude I have been seeing from your replies.

edit: sorry for the double post.

Edited by korpen4444