Wodanis

Octan Gas Station

Hi all,

I finally completed my Octan Gas Station and wanted to share it. It has been sitting for a few months on my shelf minus a few parts until I could combine an order from Lego to finish it off properly. Needless to say I really do like my version; complete with a bus stop design that I plan on using for other sections in my city. Included inside are a refrigerator, ice cream freezer, slushy/coffee machine and an ATM from set 7279 (had to utilize that part somehow :laugh: ). I have no idea how much I spent on the parts through Brick Link but I think it was around $150-ish. Enjoy!

12257737724_05250e3f29_c.jpg

12257462153_062588fed0_c.jpg

12257292285_a33e1278f8_c.jpg

12257721254_1d55389053_c.jpg

12257710134_2abb09cbfc_c.jpg

12258161236_aaece1f888_c.jpg

Great MOC here, at first, I thought "well this looks odd" but now, I can not only imagine this fitting in well in a Lego city, but I actually want it in my City (no worries, I'd never take anyone's design)! The build is so clean and organized, which if you have ever read any of my posts in a MOC, is a great thing. This could very well be a real Lego set, great job! And if you have an established Lego city, please do share what it looks like with this build integrated into it.

Wow, I love it!! It definitely has a city feel to it! Great work on this :thumbup: :thumbup:

ALOT of great detail to the model, too!

Thank you KringlesBricks! It looks great next to my modulars (or rather across the street) hehe.

Great MOC here, at first, I thought "well this looks odd" but now, I can not only imagine this fitting in well in a Lego city, but I actually want it in my City (no worries, I'd never take anyone's design)! The build is so clean and organized, which if you have ever read any of my posts in a MOC, is a great thing. This could very well be a real Lego set, great job! And if you have an established Lego city, please do share what it looks like with this build integrated into it.

Thank you Freddy Bricker. That is very nice of you to say. :blush:

That's very cool! It definitely has a city vibe to it but has great interior and exterior details and, overall, a very polished look. I have been hoping that an official gas station would come out for some time now but, even if it did,

I doubt it would come close to what you have come up with.

Lovely! There's some understated classiness about this build. It just looks so good and I think could be a real set. Excellent job!

That's very cool! It definitely has a city vibe to it but has great interior and exterior details and, overall, a very polished look. I have been hoping that an official gas station would come out for some time now but, even if it did,

I doubt it would come close to what you have come up with.

Lovely! There's some understated classiness about this build. It just looks so good and I think could be a real set. Excellent job!

Thank you guys, I really appreciate the support. I shouldn't take all the credit. The exterior of the initial building is reverse engineered/based from someone else's design. However that is as far as it went and I made it my own and incorporated more things. I worked hard on it.

Edited by Wodanis

Beautiful! It would fit perfectly into a suburban city. I have two critiques though. First, I really like the tall sign (that will probably get sticker treatment for gas prices), but it's so tall that I looks structurally fragile. It looks like it's attached to the ground by 4 studs, and a gentle bump would knock it over. Second, the tree could use some more leafy parts. It looks plain compared to the rest of the set. Gorgeous work! :wub:

I love the petrol price sign! Nice job on the building too.

Thank you Dayton!

Beautiful! It would fit perfectly into a suburban city. I have two critiques though. First, I really like the tall sign (that will probably get sticker treatment for gas prices), but it's so tall that I looks structurally fragile. It looks like it's attached to the ground by 4 studs, and a gentle bump would knock it over. Second, the tree could use some more leafy parts. It looks plain compared to the rest of the set. Gorgeous work! :wub:

You are correct sir, the sign was to have stickers and does get knocked over easily. However it wasn't designed so much for kids to play with, just the bigger kid, me. :classic: I designed these trees to use in my city (have 10 or so made) but I found the awning from the station can get in the way of the leafy parts so I had to move them around somewhat. They look better from an angle slightly higher or lower than the photos I took. But maybe I will redo it later on as I keep changing the size of the trees every time I build them. Thank you, constructive critism is good to hear as well as your compliments. :classic:

This should be an official set! It like how you've incorporated the Octan colours in the roof over the bowsers and the shape of the main sign. Well done all round!

Very clean build! I like the use of the brick texture which is accurate to some petrol stations, but I've rarely seen in LEGO.

I can't tell what the texture is on the roof over the pumps, but it looks like it isn't level. What are you going for there?

I love it but for one thing...

The left hand corner title, the top one, it's not straight. Neither am I but in this one case it's driving me nuts. :laugh:

What a fantastic looking gas-station! I'll agree with anyone above who would like to have it a part of their modular city - it'll fit right in.

To be honest, I don't I've ever seen such a nice gas-station in real life either! Most are just blunt concrete boxes sorrounded by asphalt, with no attention to detail whatsoever. So you've excelled real life right there! :wink:

First, nice work......second, I'm glad you didn't call it a MOC......because the shop is totally the same design as this one from 2012........

danthaman.jpg

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=66634

And the sign and driveway area is based on a Lego designers MOC used at last years Legoworld........remember it caused mass confusion.....even I thought it would be part of the town square set.

Anyway, still it's nice work and the green/white floor suits it to the ground :wub: ........having the bus stop where it is reminds me of my tankstation design from a few years back.

Brick On 'Wondanis' ! :classic:

This should be an official set! It like how you've incorporated the Octan colours in the roof over the bowsers and the shape of the main sign. Well done all round!

Thank you :wub: I asked with Cuusoo about whether they would accept a design that was partially reverse engineered. They honestly didn't have an answer as they never had been asked that before. In any case this set was built for myself, not for profit.

Very clean build! I like the use of the brick texture which is accurate to some petrol stations, but I've rarely seen in LEGO.

I can't tell what the texture is on the roof over the pumps, but it looks like it isn't level. What are you going for there?

That is a 1x4 plate and tile i believe. Im not sure why I did it like that. :p There is a 2x2 tile on top of the roof of the building. I had an extra and placed it there to give the roof plates some strength as there are 2x8 plates underneath. The petrol pump needs to have something to hold the four lattice plates together other than the 2x14 underneath.

Amazing, very clean and unique :D

That's lovely. It's like a cozier version of Gas N' Wash Express.

Thank you :wub:

I love it but for one thing...

The left hand corner title, the top one, it's not straight. Neither am I but in this one case it's driving me nuts. :laugh:

Thank you! I just noticed the crooked tile in the photo. No worries I will straighten out.

What a fantastic looking gas-station! I'll agree with anyone above who would like to have it a part of their modular city - it'll fit right in.

To be honest, I don't I've ever seen such a nice gas-station in real life either! Most are just blunt concrete boxes sorrounded by asphalt, with no attention to detail whatsoever. So you've excelled real life right there! :wink:

Very nice station, and it's really modular! I like it! :thumbup:

It is fantastic. Those red tiles fits perfectly. Great job! :thumbup:

Great build you really put in a lot of detail.

Thank you! :classic:

First, nice work......second, I'm glad you didn't call it a MOC......because the shop is totally the same design as this one from 2012........

And the sign and driveway area is based on a Lego designers MOC used at last years Legoworld........remember it caused mass confusion.....even I thought it would be part of the town square set.

Anyway, still it's nice work and the green/white floor suits it to the ground :wub: ........having the bus stop where it is reminds me of my tankstation design from a few years back.

Brick On 'Wodanis' ! :classic:

That is why I said I reverse engineered the exterior of the building and 'my version'.. I figured someone would want to point it out. All of it was created in LDD first and there are differences. At this point though it has become my design because I took the different elements/concepts and added my own ideas into it to create something new. This was the first thing i ever created in real life based on work i did in LDD. I think it's better than the original concepts and it does fit in nicely with my modulars which is why I liked it so much. Emulation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Edited by Wodanis

Lightning tiger out of curiosity, what did you mean by 'having the bus stop where it is reminds you of your tank station design'? I'm not aware of what that is.

Lightning tiger out of curiosity, what did you mean by 'having the bus stop where it is reminds you of your tank station design'? I'm not aware of what that is.

Oh, that was one of my earlier projects.......I was once trying to create a Danish village.....not easy when you are thousands of Km's away ! :blush:

Though my bus stop was slightly different, the back of it and roof were different. (tankstation = self service fuel pumps - no shop, pay with plastic)

Edit - link http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=63015&hl=tankstation#entry1134428 (half way down the page is where the bus stop was inserted)

Edited by lightningtiger

Looks freindly, I wonder if octan will be more evil now with the movie. This looks great btw