Sign in to follow this  
Bricktrix

Class 55 Deltic, Class 37 and Class 27

I thought some may like these. All 3 models are still works in progress, just really with a few finer details and stickers to be completed.

The one thats been the biggest pain due to the smoke unit:

Class 37, using a SWD Loksound V4 chip and fan assisted smoke unit:

Work in progress set:

Class 55 Deltic:

Work in progress set:

Class 27:

Work in progress set:

And finally, one of all 3 :)

http://www.flickr.co...ix/12252554053/

Hello Bricktrix,

now that I have found your pictures on Flickr I see that many of the things I've known for years, and worship are all from one source, that's incredible.

One and the same man is behind all these wonderful conserve models. Your style as you build the diesel is brilliant, many of the images I wonder how are the Lego parts connected? I feel like the amateur to a professional looks for the first time over his shoulder. It's a little embarrassing.

When I first time pictures from the album seen : " Corfe Castle Station display working diary ", it was immediately clear this is a countryside in England. I had to inevitably think of the television show for children: "The little locomotive Thomas and friends".

Your works are really very very great work.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen Udo

Great work, all 3 of them!!! The smoke effects on your Class 37 look very cool; what smoke unit are you using?

Excellent work, Bricktrix! I love the amount of work you go through to make these trains as detailed as possible. I'm toying with installing a USA trains smoke unit into my class B 4-6-0 to accompany the sound board.

I would like to second, third, and fourth that these are pretty amazing. I really appreciate how you captured the rounded underside of some of the bodies as I think it's something often overlooked.

The DCC and sound are just icing on the cake.

I really like how you do the rounded roof with the grille tiles. Is it done mostly with hinged bricks? Although I don't think doing that would quite work as much as I hope it would for my Budd coaches due to the corrugation density, it's still incredible, and I want to try it out and see what it would look like on a 10-wide passenger car roof. It's just ingenious how you came up with all of this. I've been digging through your flickr for hours.

Wow, these are outstanding! The size and power of the Deltic are particularly pleasing, and great job on the windshield and nose. Thanks for sharing!

Fantastic. Those are really great engines. So many nice details. And the curves are impressive. So even without the smoke and sound these are absolute beauties.

:) Thanks again everyone for the comments. The DCC side of these were always intended just to "top them off" for extra features at public shows, but they can easily just stay as normal LEGO 9v opperation if I wanted to by swaping the motors out.

I've done many, many shows, but only 1 so far using the DCC and it was brilliant to see the publics reaction when they realised it was DCC controlled with sounds, so the next level with smoke will hopefully be even better! As far as I'm concerned, stepping things up like this inspires some who wouldnt even consider LEGO as a medium for model trains to have a go themselves at just a standard model. Thats certainly the feedback I've had over the years and if its getting more people into LEGO, then thats all good with me and the bars will continue to raise standards that at the moment are beyond our comprehension :)

Also just found out that we are doing AFOLcon / The LEGO show at the O2 arena, London, in May this year, so gives me 4 months to get these things finished off. They will all be there, along with my full display and me! :)

Wow! These locomotives do not even look like they are made out of lego... well... okay, I recognize all of the constituent parts, but the collective whole looks more like a conventional model railroad locomotive... and that was before I saw the videos. You will have a hard time convincing the general public that these are actually lego. Very well done.

Carl, thank you so much for posting these online. As usual, I'm spending hours upon hours just inspecting your models and trying to 'decipher' your great brick solutions. This time though, I'm equally amazed by the fact that you've also managed to incorporate the full line-up of DCC functions. You've given me so much inspiration to try and potentially also look into fitting DCC into LEGO models!

You will have a hard time convincing the general public that these are actually lego. Very well done.

Thank you :) For the last couple of years I've had a hard time convincing people these are LEGO. The last few shows I've done I had to take the roofs off to some people to show them the internal studs to make them believe me...and this was when people knew they were at a LEGO show! The non LEGO shows that I've done with them, I gave up trying to convince them and let them believe they were O-gauge models, was just far easier! This is what I wanted to acheive, but its become a bit of a pain now.

Anyway, it will go forwards still :)

An update on the class 27, now finished:

12350901233_df1b4555bb.jpg

12350640305_737a385783.jpg