Sign in to follow this  
Captain Nemo

MOC: Batman vs Firefly

Batman vs Firefly

12253252883_f6c88f4e70_m.jpg

The Dark Knight battles the dangerous flying pyromaniac, Firefly, on the burning wreckage of Gotham's Pioneer’s bridge. Inspired by Arkham Origins.

12253704756_6b7f007724_c.jpg

12253253563_dcf17eba6c.jpg

12253251753_40fdb26740.jpg

Enjoy!

~Captain Nemo

12253704716_c5c0c1da74.jpg

Wow, as always, you've impressed me with your MOC's! At first sight, the MOC seems to be very cluttered but by the second image, it comes off showing that all pieces (specifically the fire pieces) are in their places and look great! Many MOC's seems to have so many small little details, that everything is hard to point out, but the way you've placed the pieces, gave effects for the vehicles and placed your figures really does make for an attractive and clean MOC! I encourage you to continue with this, and may I say your purist firefly is sheer genius, and I have one question:

How long does it usually take for you to create a MOC? Assuming you work on only one at a time.

Wow, as always, you've impressed me with your MOC's! At first sight, the MOC seems to be very cluttered but by the second image, it comes off showing that all pieces (specifically the fire pieces) are in their places and look great! Many MOC's seems to have so many small little details, that everything is hard to point out, but the way you've placed the pieces, gave effects for the vehicles and placed your figures really does make for an attractive and clean MOC! I encourage you to continue with this, and may I say your purist firefly is sheer genius, and I have one question:

How long does it usually take for you to create a MOC? Assuming you work on only one at a time.

Thank you! :grin:

It does have a cluttered chaotic feeling to it, which I think is due mostly to the fire. This is actually my first real Firefly build in a year or two (I've got an old one somewhere on my Flickr), and the first time I've used so much fire. I'm very happy with my Purist Firefly too--there's been a lot of them on Flickr lately, but I think mine stands out because of his cool flamethrower!

On the build time question, this particular creation is way out of the norm--as I started it last weekend and finished it this morning (Due entirely to laziness). That's actually very extreme for me, since I normally finish all of my creations in a few hours and generally no more than a day. Only my largest builds, like some of the ones I've recently made, have taken longer. This morning from 7:30 to now (11:00), I finished it; having to build the exploding police car, the angel, and position Firefly along with the other figures, and also take pictures. So in short, I build really fast!

Wow, I was thinking about making a MOC just like this with a very similar Firefly design, and here you are putting my dreams into reality once again! I agree that it looks a little cluttered (probably due to the bridge being too small) and I think that Firefly's equipment is a bit more bulky than it should be, but otherwise great work.

On the build time question, this particular creation is way out of the norm--as I started it last weekend and finished it this morning (Due entirely to laziness). That's actually very extreme for me, since I normally finish all of my creations in a few hours and generally no more than a day. Only my largest builds, like some of the ones I've recently made, have taken longer. This morning from 7:30 to now (11:00), I finished it; having to build the exploding police car, the angel, and position Firefly along with the other figures, and also take pictures. So in short, I build really fast!

Wow, that is fast! Not exactly sure why I asked, I guess a part of me wonders how long people spend on making such creations in comparison to how long I spend online.

Instantly reminded me of Arkham Origins! The game glitched and did a infinite fall so i couldn't play if for a month and i kept waiting for the developers to patch it but they wouldn't so i managed to fix it myself but i wasn't happy. I am glad you have used you own style for the bridge instead of the one from the game, its much better! Great job.

I think that Firefly's equipment is a bit more bulky than it should be, but otherwise great work.

Actually, Firefly had a lot of crap on him in AO. But, huge jetpack aside, Nice MOC! I love the flamework and the look of the bridge itself!

Brilliant! I love the cluttered feeling, gives it a sense of claustrophobia and as though all hell has broken loose!

You've done a great job at recreating my favorite part of the game :sweet:. The fire is amazing and the Firefly figure is the icing on the cake!

Well excuse me while I scrap my brains of the floor.. Ok.:laugh: I don't think anyone could possibly have MOCed this better then you! I especially like the flame thrower and jet pack. Hats of my friend! :thumbup:

Edited by Im a brickmaster.

Nemo, this may seem like a silly question but do you keep all your MOC's in tact when you've finished them or do you use them for your next creation?

Thanks for the comments everyone!

Nemo, this may seem like a silly question but do you keep all your MOC's in tact when you've finished them or do you use them for your next creation?

No I don't usually keep them in tact after they've been photographed. This is due to my limited total number of bricks, but I'm working towards getting more so I can keep creations built; since I'd love to attention Brickworld this year, but it depends on how much I can build.

Huh, I never thought to use the Zod helmet for Firefly, but it totally works!

And well done on capturing the game's best boss fight so well.

Wow, that is one set piece you've made friend :D Definitely makes me want to get back to playing Origins. Also is that Zod's helmet you're using for Firefly?