Sign in to follow this  
Taha99

Small lego RC race car

Hello everyone I'm new to Eurobricks and I want to build a small competitive RC race car. I'm using a servo motor for steering but I don't know what to use for propulsion. I want either the M motor or the L motor but I don't know which!

L motor has much more connection points too and can be used as an integral part of the chassis.

I agree with Zblj. More torque from the L motor so you can gear it up a bit and still have good torque for a small car. Can't wait to see finished result!

I recently built a radio controlled car with the medium motor and a servo, and it was ok, but the L motor was way better when I finally got one. The XL is even more powerful though, but quite a bit bigger.

When you say competitive, what do you mean? I built my own circuit to use my LEGO motors with a hobby grade 2.4GHz radio system, and now I'll never go back to the infrared controls. I posted instructions to build it yourself at my blog, here.

My son and I have been building and racing small LEGO cars all over the house, and it's the most fun I've ever had with LEGOs.

Edited by BrianZ

I use an M motor and I'm pleased with it's speed, try the AAA battery pack also.

H

I started building the model on ldd, but ran into a problem straight away with the chassis.

It was too long

Iv'e searched on bricklink and RC motors are WAY too expensive

I don't know how to make the chassis smaller. Currently, both the servo (for steering) and the L motor are in line

I started building the model on ldd, but ran into a problem straight away with the chassis.

It was too long

Iv'e searched on bricklink and RC motors are WAY too expensive

I don't know how to make the chassis smaller. Currently, both the servo (for steering) and the L motor are in line

How long is too long? What wheels are you looking to use? Most cars have a wheelbase that's roughly 4 times the diameter of their tires.

Can you put the L motor above or below (or to the side) of the servo and connect it to the driveshaft with gears?

Train motors... How would I use those?

How long is too long? What wheels are you looking to use? Most cars have a wheelbase that's roughly 4 times the diameter of their tires.

Can you put the L motor above or below (or to the side) of the servo and connect it to the driveshaft with gears?

I'm afraid it will mess the weight distribution