de Gothia

Trade between Barqa and Benoic

While Albion and Elijah are have some days with their grandfather Elon, de Gothia is still in Barqa. Sir Gideon and de Gothia are up in one of the rooms with view over the ocean talking about trading between the county of Benoic and the city of Barqa. Sir Gideon is also promising de Gothia some of his builders to come to Benoic and help the Avalonians to build a mighty city of the village of Sionnach. The bond between the two Avalonians are growing stronger.

Edit: Oh forgot to say that the ship is from Gabe!!

12243135796_bcee14b2f5.jpg

Edited by de Gothia

Excellent! I'm really liking your visit to Barqa so far. Perhaps you should do an extended tour of Kaliphlin? Or at least a few good WitherWoods builds on your way back?

Hey thats a warm room there... Really beautiful atmosphere and design. I like the ship!

Thanks guys!

Gunman: The ship idea is from Gabe

NM: Will see, they came by boat but they could perhaps return by horse. How does the WW looks like?

Wow, I love the forced perspective, and the bright colors really make the room welcoming. Nice job!

Very good DG! You know, here in Kaliphlin we never look down on anyone that wants to jump ship and head to the desert

I :wub: the pillars and arches, the log bricks at the bottom of the pillars flow nicely into the 2x2 rounds :thumbup: Excellent furniture too, the little gold highlights throughout the build look great :classic:

Great work, the FP is excellent and I the blue floor tiling is really nice! Those globes are really nice touches too!

I agree about the globes. It's cool to see both versions in the same build.

I like the whole interaction of the guilds in your builds. :thumbup:

I want to appear on one. :grin:

I love this! I love the forced perspective ship and the colors! Nice pillars too! :classic::thumbup:

I would have made the ship's sail sqare but other than that, I like this quite a bit! Nice arches, great fp etc.!

What program do you use for your photo editing? I've been experimenting with GIMP, but still have a lot to learn. Is there an easy way to get those borders around the picture like you have?

Edited by MKJoshA

So much to love here, but the ship really sells the whole thing!

I would have made the ship's sail sqare but other than that, I like this quite a bit! Nice arches, great fp etc.!

Hey, if it's come up from Kaliphin it could be a lateen-rigger, maybe a galley! :wink:

Thanks again guys! =)

Kayne: Hehe thanks but I will stay in Avalonia. Not done with Benoic!! :classic:

Gedren: The UoP is so complicated so I just build. I could never remember what I´ve built for and what credits I already have! :classic:

Niku, what head and hairpiece does your sigfig have? See if I can build him!

MK: I use Gimp. I use the swedish version but the borders can be found under filter, decor((ation) not sure about the english word here)) and then to add border.

LLB: Great advice! Now I just have to buy some of those aswell! :wink:

MK: I use Gimp. I use the swedish version but the borders can be found under filter, decor((ation) not sure about the english word here)) and then to add border.

Thanks! I'll have to give it a try next time I use it.

Another MOC which captures the same feeling of Barqa I have in my mind, by now you have fleshed the city out more than me! :wink: Have to do something about that when my Sultan's Gate is finished...

I can really envision this as a room (or roofed courtyard?) high up on the heights overlooking the waters outside the mouth of the Arkbri River.

Looking forward to seeing what the skilled Kaliphlin builders and craftsmen Gideon is sending to Benoic will accomplish.

There's something with the angle of the water, or maybe just the short distance to the horizon and the high camera angle, which makes the FP effect slightly less convincing. I however really love that microscale ship!

Edited by Gideon