Marckeyh

MOC: Royal Palace Brussels

Hello all

I would like to present my latest MOC. It's the royal palace of Brussels, in scale 1/48.

I have completely designed it in LDD. It's 4m80 wide and 1m30 high, and uses approximately 150.000 bricks.

It took one year to complete. Members of my local LUG: OLBC, helped me build it after I completed the design.

At the moment it's present at The Art of The Brick exhibition in Brussels. It will be there until april 20th.

It's a great honour the be at the exhibition of Nathan sawaya. :laugh:

PGS_3919_zpsf4bb9ea2.jpg

PGS_3918_zps97a7bed0.jpg

PGS_3889_zps077c820c.jpg

PGS_3916_zpscd7ea8f0.jpg

This is superb! :wub: The detail on the portico is beautiful - do you have any close-up pictures?

Frontpaged!

Really great build, I really like the crane and the "building" of the build at the end, congrats on the show as well

HOLY!!!

That is one hell of a MOC you have there! I love the facade's detailing above the central block.

Really great build, I'm blown away. :wub: :wub: :wub:

Wow, that's so impressive! Love the dark blue roof, looks so smart, and the joins on the roof look nicely finished too. The contruction scene on the end is cool as well. Wonderful stuff! :classic:

Wow! Epic! I love these large scale builds. Great job. Some close up's of the details would great.

H :thumbup:

Very nice, I don't believe I already saw a Belgian landmark made of LEGO at this scale before. You should try to have a picture of it with Philippe next to it, lol.

I did not know about the "OLBC" LUG, I thought BELUG was the only one in Belgium... is it a new club?

Thanks for the great comments everbody.

Here are some more pictures:

KP_build_10_zps479a28a5.jpg

KP_178_zps15ad793b.jpg

KP_176_zpsd945cdf1.jpg

KP_170_zpsf2ea8e82.jpg

KP_135_zps05b63a15.jpg

KP_095_zps3ea42da1.jpg

KP_063_zps4b164217.jpg

I hope this has earned me a LDD badge :classic:

Very nice, I don't believe I already saw a Belgian landmark made of LEGO at this scale before. You should try to have a picture of it with Philippe next to it, lol.

I did not know about the "OLBC" LUG, I thought BELUG was the only one in Belgium... is it a new club?

OLBC exists since september 2012, so yes, quite new.

We had a visit from prince Laurent, that was amazing.

cid_image004_jpg01CF1AD9_zps0575ac40.jpg

this looks really great, I am not familiar with the building though as I am not from that area. Is it still being built or extended/renovated in real life or is that a little artistic licence? I love all the details around the columns that you have put in and around the windows. It is hard to say which bit i like the most, I like big buildings myself but could not have space for something this big, but all of those details are really inspiring for me.

Nice!

I'm planning to visit the Art of the Brick soon, I'll check it out up close then :classic: .

Wow that's absolutely fantastic. The amount of details is just incredible. Really impressive!

(I also love the construction worker minifig sleeping on the balcony)

That is a beautiful MOC! I love how you incorporated a construction scene on the east wing. I can't imagine how long it took to design this. I imagine you were happy to get some help on the build. You all did a wonderful job :classic:

Holy crap the close up are amazing, the pediment is really epic.

We had a visit from prince Laurent, that was amazing.

Haha, that's so cool, well done!

Did Nate Sawaya showed up at the exhibit? I saw the Art of the Brick in the US but was very disappointed to hear that the author himself never came because the organizers of the show could not afford him...

Just one word .... WOW :classic:

Looks very great, and those constuction vehicles looks great too.

Must show this to my sister who's lives in Brussel, guess she's gonna like this too.

This is one of the greatest builds of all time ever! So many beautiful details, and the sheer scale of it is mind blowing! I love it. Congratulations on your royal visit!

:classic:

Wonderful job and such detail! The pediment especially must have taken some time to get the design ready. I had the privilege of seeing the palace once before, and your creation reminds me of the fond memory of Brussels. My hope is to see your model some day.

Very beautiful build! I like that the half of the structure is under construction hehe

The details and size of the building are amazing! 150,000 pieces.... My collection is nothing comparing with this :blush: