Norrington's Ghostly Grotto (Please exscuse the lack of blue plates for water):

Deadmentellnotalesr011.jpg\

Norrington's Chase and Fire scenes:

Deadmentellnotalesr008.jpg

Fat Tony's Treasue Room:

potc02.jpg

Fat Tony's Jail Scene:

potc03.jpg

For more pics of each entry visit this thread.

To discuss the entries and contest in general, go to this thread.

Good Luck to everyone!

I want to say Good Luck to everyone! *sweet* Oh, yeah, :) I would also appreciate your votes! Thanks X-D

More pictures of my scenes are here: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=247551 Please take a look, I'm sure my pictures will entice you because they are bigger, and they will show more details of my scenes, especially my town since the picture here is so small!

I want to say Good Luck to everyone! *sweet* Oh, yeah, :) I would also appreciate your votes! Thanks X-D

More pictures of my scenes are here: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=247551 Please take a look, I'm sure my pictures will entice you because they are bigger, and they will show more details of my scenes, especially my town since the picture here is so small!

I'm not quite such how appropriate such an action is. It seems like you are attempting to skirt the rules and avoid the constrictures placed on you by the contest rules. Hardly seems fair to be limiting people to only certain sizes and numbers of pictures, but then permit them to avoid the rule in such a manner. Why bother with rules if that's the case.

It would be like me saying here is this wonderful MOC, I built, but to entice you to vote for me, I've photoshopped my MOC into a huge diorama created by a professional Lego designer. :-/

Steve

Well considering my town scene picture is so small, and my other picture is so big, and everyone else's pictures are so big doesn't seem fair, does it? I want people to actually SEE the picture, not strain their eyes and say, "Oh, I can't see it, I'll vote for someone else" Besides, there is a link at the bottom of the entries saying "For more picutres of each entry visit this thread (link)." So It is perfectly fair! |-/

I've got no control of the enrty picture size, Norrington does.

And I still would appreciate your votes! I simply wanted people to actually see the pictures, but if that is somehow against the rules (show me where) than don't follow the link. Simple as that.

Mr Norrington could you take care of the image sizes - I assume you've learnt how to resize them by now.

Yes, Norrington, it'd be great if all the image sizes above are the same size, since you have a set image size, right? What 320x240, something like that?

Here's my thoughts on all the entries:

oo7's Crews Qaurters scene

I really like the chandalier. Its a pity those doc ock hand pieces don't come in brown (or the wheel in black or bley), it'd look much better all one color. I also like the water, with the bubbles.

SirNadroj's Town scene

I like how this one has scenes on both sides. I also like the angled building on the right and the wake of the boat.

SirNadroj's Cap'n's Qaurters scene:

This one looks really good. I don't, however, like the red-plate curtain or the burnt orange column piece or its attachment method. I love the brown tile planked floor though. Looks great.

Mr.Phes' Spanish Fortress:

Looks very imposing. Shooting cannons too, I see. Not quite as much action as I'd have preferred and for some reason the positioning of the figures reminds me of that whack-a-mole arcade game. I feel like I should be pounding that guy on the left's head.

Norrington's Ghostly Grotto

Needs a lot more action/figures here. I really like the treasure and the flag over the archway. I also am having a hard time looking past the lack of blue for water...

Norrington's Chase and Fire scenes:

Looks much better. This on has the action the other one needed. I'm not sure about the cowboy hat guy though... Also, I'd have put a ledge infront of the flames, so you can't see how they are attached. Would look more realistic that way I think.

Fat Tony's Treasue Room:

Great boat design. Looks like you're the only who bothered with that, rather than just using the prefab boats. Good choice. My that's a lot of treasure too... guess the mob business is paying well...

Fat Tony's Jail Scene:

I think this one looks the most realistic/accurate. I really like the plates on the arch. How did you get the key to stay in the dog's mouth?

Steve

I positively surprised with the quality of all the MOCs and it was hard to make a choice.

My vote for "Best Looking" and "Best Overall" went to SirNadroj's Town scene:

pic_0004.jpg

I like the water in the first two entries (Sir Nadroj and 007) They have my votes.

Nice chandelier 007! In your entry you show that there is a nice way of combining the older grey with the newer tones.

In sir Nadroj's creation I like the fact that one of the houses is placed in an angle, it breaks the squareness- impression lego sometimes makes.

Keep up the good work.

Wow. My crumby little WIP has drawn much more attention than I originaly expected. I wonder where all those votes came from....

I really like the chandalier. Its a pity those doc ock hand pieces don't come in brown (or the wheel in black or bley), it'd look much better all one color. I also like the water, with the bubbles.

Thank you, Mr. Athos. You're right about the colors, although it doesn't bother me personally.

How did you get the key to stay in the dog's mouth?

I doubt he'll be able to answer as he's not a member here. Looks like it involved a little modification to me.

I positively surprised with the quality of all the MOCs and it was hard to make a choice.

Who'd you vote for in the 'most accurate' section? :)

I like the water in the first two entries (Sir Nadroj and 007) They have my votes.

Nice chandelier 007! In your entry you show that there is a nice way of combining the older grey with the newer tones.

Thanks, Mr. Willems. :-$ I really mostly did it out of laziness knowing it wouldn't be bad, but actually better! It seems I am one of the few who like the new grays and brown, mixing them makes something look more natural and weathered. *y*

As for my votes 'best looking' goes to Sir Nadroj's town and the other two go to the wonderful glorious myself. :-P

Mr. Varos should really get an account here, he has some really great stuff that have been posted here before by various people including the wonderful glorious myself.

Better take your tongue back oo7 because the other two are ties!

These all look very good. I voted SirNadroj's town for Best Looking, I forget what I voted for Most Accurate, but it may have been SirNadroj's Town/Cap'n's quarters or Fat Tony's Jail Scene. [He probably used tac to put that key there]

I voted Best Overall for Fat Tony's Treasure room I believe.

Thanks for your votes, especially oo7, voting for me instead of yourself for best looknig is very noble of you! *sweet* But watch out, we are tied! 8-o This is getting close!

I doubt he'll be able to answer as he's not a member here. Looks like it involved a little modification to me.

Actully, he is. He sent me his pics in a PM and said he couldn't post them :S

Does anyone know when voting is gonna end? X-D

Oh, and someone break the tie! (The right way ;-) )

Oh, and I know there is no prize, but is there gonna be a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place "awarded" or is there gonna be one definitive winner per category?

I'm positively surprised with the quality of all the MOCs and it was hard to make a choice.

pic_0004.jpg

I haven't voted just yet but Sir Nadroj's is definitely catch my eye at the moment...

I'm surprised that my town is getting more votes than my Capn's Quarters. 8-o But I like my town none the less. What I need votes in is 'most accurate' and 'best overall' ;-) (just sayin') :'-)

When does the voting end? Anyone know, Norrington?

EDIT: Oops, I need to learn not to double-post.

I don't knwo when it will close. Perhaps it won't, and stay open to be preserved for future generations :-D

Uh-oh, forever? That is almost like infinity or something! ;-) Man, this poll is getting SO close between my town, and oo7! It keeps flip-flopping back and forth, back and forth! So nerve-wracking! :-X

I just want to say I really appreciate your votes!

I don't knwo when it will close. Perhaps it won't, and stay open to be preserved for future generations :-D

Mr Norrington your competence concerns me as you don't know when your own competition closes - even after we discussed the details through several PMs!

But for the benefit of everyone who has forgotten the entries thread, here's the relevant information:

Time Line

- Judging will be performed by Eurobricks members as a separate poll until Sunday April 28th.

So I'll close it on Monday my time since I'm about 20 hours ahead of the west coast of the USA.

But for the benefit of everyone who has forgotten the entries thread, here's the relevant information:

So I'll close it on Monday my time since I'm about 20 hours ahead of the west coast of the USA.

Sunday April 28th? No such date exists in the year of 2007.....

Silly Mister Phes! Has his dates mixed up!! Yes, It would be Sunday the 29th ;-) .