See the previous tales:

Wyndor's Saga Chapter 1

Part 1: A Tragic Beginning

Part 2: A Rude Awakening

Part 3 Intro: An Evil Plot

Part 3: A Timely Friend

Part 4: Small Help

12227199846_040e099d64.jpg

(Momments after this picture was taken, the man walked back into his house and we join Wyndor on his journey.)

Wyndor didn’t know if more Black Spire troops would arrive or what other evils dwelt in the church so he and Steiner made a sled to carry the unconscious Natolyth and started trudging through the swamplands.

After an hour of dragging Steiner said, “Ah, I’m not so good with directions **muttering under his breathe: though you’ll never hear me admit it** but we are heading north to Mitgardia right?”

“Honestly, I haven’t given our direction much thought. I’m just trying to find someone to help us,” responded Wyndor. “Here, this house looks inhabited, maybe its occupant can help us.”

12226660375_d9e47ce21f_c.jpg

They crossed the small stream and made their way to the small cottage. Steiner knocked on the door and a small man answered.

“Hello, may I help you?” The man asked.

“Yes,” responded Wyndor, “We are not native to Nocturnus and have run into a bit of trouble. My brother here is very ill. We would be indebted to you if you would help us.”

“Certainly good sir, I would never turn away a traveler in need. Balor the midget, at your service.” He said.

“Midget!” Steiner exclaimed, “You’re no midget! They’re just fairy tales! You must be a dwarf **muttering under his breathe: Yes indeed this dwarf is an imposter!**”

“I assure you good sir, I am indeed a midget. Perhaps you have been listening to lies by one Mister Jackson. I’ve heard that he is going around telling people that dwarves wear short stubble for beards instead of growing them out as all dwarves do unless they are exiles,” Balor explained. “I am neither an exile nor one of Mister Jacksons fictional characters. And as you can see, I have no long beard, and therefore my claim of being a midget is true.”

12226648675_0e1798ec74.jpg

“I don’t mean to interrupt this important argument,” Wydnor said, “but my brother desperately needs a physician!”

“My deepest apologies good sir, please bring him inside my humble abode. I am fairly adept in the art of healing and will do my best to assist your poor brother,” Balor responded.

After a couple days Natolyth was back on his feet. He had over exerted himself trying out his newly gained magical knowledge and simply needed rest and a few herbs. Edea’s brainwashing had allowed her to use Natolyth for her own means, but also had the advantageous effect of leaving her knowledge of spells and magic imprinted on Natolyth’s memories. He had fully regained his faculties and was still able to cast magic.

12226641025_68a4799554.jpg

“Now that Natolyth is back on his feet **muttering under his breathe: and looking a lot less evil than before**,” Steiner said one morning, “shall we make our way back North, Wyndor?”

“Nay, I must still find my other lost brother,” Wyndor responded. “Balor and I have been taking and he has heard rumor of a strong Mitgardian fighting in Kaliphlin. He started fighting around the same time as my brother’s disappearance. I have no other leads on my brother’s whereabouts so I must needs travel to Kaliphlin.”

12227220636_4243e768ea_c.jpg

“I wish you well Wyndor. It has been an honor to fight at your side but I must return to Fangnorst **muttering under his breathe: surely they have missed me and will rejoice to see me return!**” said Steiner in reply. “Here, I want Skandi to travel with you. He has been my faithful owl for many years. If you have need of aid, send him with a message and he will find me.”

12227213656_c39438aaa2_z.jpg

Turning to Balor he said, “Fairly well good Balor. I think you for your hospitality and if I ever I should meet this liar, Mister Jackson, I will defend thine honor.”

“Thank you Steiner,” Balor answered. “It has been my pleasure to assist you in learning the differences between my kind and the dwarves.”

With that, Steiner set off to the North. Later that day Wyndor and Natolyth took to the road as well, heading West to Kaliphlin.

12227206696_90534af846.jpg12227192426_ebfa7ee913.jpg

OoC: All feedback is welcome!

Great MOC- I love that house! Brilliant story as well, I love that you've made midgets the myth in Historica, mirroring the myth of dwarves in our own world!

Thanks for all the positive feedback everyone!

Great MOC- I love that house! Brilliant story as well, I love that you've made midgets the myth in Historica, mirroring the myth of dwarves in our own world!

The whole midget-myth thing just came as I was writting the story. I'm glad you like it :sweet:

I like the house, and the bridge, and the baldness! It gives hope to those of us who lack enough brown pieces to make wood houses...

Take heart! There are so many different ways to build buildings besides with brown pieces. As you look at different MOCs around here you'll get some great ideas.

Great story as usual that roof and door are really good.

Funny you should say that as I feel I am an amatuer when it comes to making roofs in Lego. I have been working hard at trying different designs. Good to know I'm disguising my lack of experience well enough :laugh:

Excellent build and interesting story :thumbup: The bridge and tree are my favorite parts :classic:

The tree is what started this whole build so I'm really glad you like it! I worked on my signature yesterday and just noticed that I made it very similar to yours. Hope you don't mind, it wasn't my intention to be a copycat :grin:

I like the bridge ;) Beautiful moc. Regarding cc I would use more trans plates for the water and spread more in front of the moc. And maybe one colour of plates (trans light blue?) Or two colours not mixed.

Edited by Gunman

I like the bridge ;) Beautiful moc. Regarding cc I would use more trans plates for the water and spread more in front of the moc. And maybe one colour of plates (trans light blue?) Or two colours not mixed.

Thanks for the feedback! This was my first attempt at water like this and I certainly have much to learn. I'll incorporate your suggestions next time I try this technique.

Wow, that small guy looks like Danny DeVito.

On topic, I really like the foliage on the roof, it gives the build a natural feel.

A nice litte moc! I like the fact that the moc don´t have a baseplate and the water is running out of the moc! The tree is looking great!

Some cc: The path/road should be lower than the sorroundings.

Some cc: The path/road should be lower than the surroundings.

I really curious what other people think about this. I've seen it done both ways, with the path above the rest of the ground or level with the ground. Which way does everything think is more accurate/realistic?

Nice build, I like the lime green plant the most, well done!

Thank you! It's been fun building in Nocturnus. I actually haven't built a ton in my own guild homeland yet. I'm using this time building in other guilds to flesh out everything my Mitgardia builds should not be.

Neat roof there! The house looks great as well!

I really curious what other people think about this. I've seen it done both ways, with the path above the rest of the ground or level with the ground. Which way does everything think is more accurate/realistic?...

Below the ground. Even if stones were originally placed above the surrounding ground, they would get beaten down/erosion would carry dirt to their sides, etc.

Well done with the minifig combos! I always like to see old knights kingdom parts. :thumbup:

Thank you! Technically only Steiner is made of old knight parts, but I'm glad you like them :sweet:

Excellent house! I really like that door design, and both the walls and roof are very nice :classic:

Keep up the good work!