Hello all,

Yes, tickets for both the LEGO Show and AFOLCON are onsale. As mentioned some of this was leaked before we quite had everything ready, but here is the official blog press release, which I should give you quite a lot of answers to your queations:

Press Release

We’re back, Baby!

AFOLCON and The LEGO Show are returning for 2014.

The team behind AFOLCON and The LEGO Show are pleased to announce that both shows will return in 2014 after a year’s rest. We have new dates and a new venue in a new city!

AFOLCON: 7th and 8th May 2014

The LEGO Show: 9th May – 11th May 2014

The O2 – London

For those of you that haven’t heard about the show before, ‘AFOLCON’ is a special adult only fan convention for AFOLs from all over the world. After private convention days, the show is opened to the public as ‘The LEGO Show’.

We’ve had two amazing years in Manchester, but for this year we’re moving south to London and to an amazing venue. The O2 is the largest entertainment venue in Europe and has played host to the best bands in the world. This May, we’ll be taking over the exhibition area inside the dome for the UK’s largest LEGO event!

AFOLCON

Over the last few years, AFOLCON has brought you the best insider info available to LEGO fans. We’ve had LEGO designers present their prototypes, hear how LEGO manages quality and social media and heard from professional LEGO builders. We’ve even had Mads Nipper present our Keynote session.

We’re sure that AFOLCON 2014 will up the bar again and bring you an even more exciting and involving weekend.

Registration for AFOLCON 2014 is open NOW at www.afolcon.com. Details of speakers and sessions will be published as soon as they are available.

The LEGO Show

We’re welcomed over 15,000 visitors to The LEGO Show so far – but moving to London will let us open the doors even wider!

Over three public days we’ll invite the world to come and see your amazing LEGO creations and let you take part in a really special weekend. As always, during show times and afterwards you’ll have a great time meeting and talking to other AFOLs and taking part in our special weekend activities.

With the move to a new venue, we’re also able to say ‘thank you’ to our AFOL exhibitors even more this year, including:

• FREE hot lunches and tea & coffee during show days
  • FREE hotel accommodation in London for show exhibitors
  • Access to a new display grant – to help with travel costs

And much, MUCH more still to be announced! Public tickets are now available for The LEGO Show at www.thelegoshow.com.

If you’d like to exhibit at The LEGO Show (and we’d love you to!) then we are also open for display submissions too. There are more details available at www.thelegoshow.com/exhibiting.

To explain the questions regarding tickets and sessions:

We had a huge response to the presale tickets, which were all-day tickets, so we wanted to make sure as many people as possible can visit the show. So we've moved to timed sessions, based on how long people stayed at our previous shows. Details of the session timess and ticket prices are available on the O2's webiste. The pre-sale tickets and VIP tickets are valid all day.

Edited by mrselsmore

Bit disapointed with the sessions, We'd have probably gone in the middle of the day as that would fit best around the kids, but that is not an option :(

D

To explain the questions regarding tickets and sessions:

We had a huge response to the presale tickets, which were all-day tickets, so we wanted to make sure as many people as possible can visit the show. So we've moved to timed sessions, based on how long people stayed at our previous shows. Details of the session timess and ticket prices are available on the O2's webiste. The pre-sale tickets and VIP tickets are valid all day.

Looks like I paid £38 for something I could have got for £13 a week ago, an all day ticket. Can you tell me why a VIP ticket is so good?

Edited by SMC

Hi,

I'm cross-posting information we've just put in the Brickset Forum as, naturally, there have been similar questions posed over there:

So...

Those of you that have all day tickets from the pre-sale - yes, these are still valid, for the whole day. The O2 will be communicating that out shortly. And yes, AFOLCON tickets give you access to all 5 days - everything, every session, all the evening activities etc. That's the ticket aimed at AFOLs, because I know you'll want to spend more than 3 hours in the show! Remember as well that if you display or volunteer for the weekend - that ticket is FREE. VIP tickets get you access to all sessions on the day you've bought for. You also get to enter the show an hour earlier in the morning and a goodie bag.

We changed the ticketing because we had a lot of interest in the pre-sale and we also have a lot of people who want to display. There are *many many* rules about what space we can use, vs the number of people in the venue at any one time. Whilst the 02 has 20,000 seats - we obviously can't use that area to display MOCs or have play areas!

From our 2011 and 2012 shows, the majority of visitors only stayed for around 3hrs so moving to sessions means that we can put in as much content and let as many people see it as possible. We dropped family tickets and simplified it to one ticket type for the same reason.

We *really* don't want people to have to buy tickets on re-sale sites if the show sells out, which it otherwise had a real chance to do. That doesn't help anyone as the prices for those can be crazy. That, and sadly London is just an expensive place to do anything :-(

As I have mentioned on another Lego forum this timed ticket session is daft, I am unable to buy an all day VIP ticket as they have all gone & three hours is too short a time for me to see all that I want but due to lack of info/website I purchased them yesterday, its going to take a good 15 mins to get everybody in & another 15 to get them out so that's a good half hour out of my precious 3 hours

strange that you say the average visitor was only there for 3 hours at the last shows but there are plenty of these session tickets left while the all day ones have all gone, surely if people thought three hours would have been long enough & better value they would have been snapped up with the day long tickets taking longer to sell but this is not the case

poor info & a feelling a bit conned

I was looking this morning to book tickets for the the show and according to the o2 website http://www.theo2.co....w-20140509.html it has been cancelled;

The LEGO Show

The LEGO Show

The LEGO Show has been cancelled

The LEGO Show

Ticket demand forces LEGO Show to move from The O2 to ExCeL London

The LEGO Show will be moving to ExCeL London after an insatiable demand for tickets meant organisers of the iconic event needed more exhibition space.

Originally set to take place at The O2 from 9-11 May it will now take place at ExCeL London from 27-30 November.

ExCel London can easily be reached from The O2 via the Emirates Air Line cable car.

The huge demand for tickets and space required to accommodate the expected attendance has forced the organisers to move the show to allow more visitors the chance to experience it.

Because of the change of venue we have refunded your booking to you automatically, and you should see the refund on your statement in five to seven working days.

If you still wish to attend we have a special link, just for you, to purchase new tickets on, which you can find here

If you need to contact us about this then feel free to give us a call on 0844 856 02 02.

With the change of venue the organisers are excited to announce more LEGO fan displays, more exclusive fan content and that every ticket is now a full day ticket.

Sorry to sound ignorant here but are AFOLCON and The Lego show both now moving?

Edited by snaillad

The LEGO Show & AFOLCON will be moving to ExCeL London after an insatiable demand for tickets for the LEGO Show has meant we needed more exhibition space.

The LEGO Show was originally set to take place at The O2 from 9-11 May it will now take place at ExCeL London from 27-30 November. AFOLCON will now be on 26th November 2014.

The huge demand for tickets and space required to accommodate the expected attendance at the LEGO Show has necessitated the move to allow more visitors the chance to experience it.

To go with its new dates and venue the LEGO Show is also changing its name to BRICK 2014 and we'll shortly be updating the sites to reflect this. AFOLCON is still called AFOLCON

If you have already bought tickets for the LEGO Show then The O2 will have refunded your booking to you automatically, and you should see the refund on your statement in five to seven working days.

If you still wish to attend the LEGO Show, The O2 have set up a special link, for you to purchase new tickets on, which you can find here:http://www.axs.com/uk/series/571/-tickets?skin=axs_ukmars

If you need to contact The O2 about this then feel free to give us a call on 0844 856 02 02.

With the change of venue we are excited to announce more LEGO fan displays, more exclusive fan content and extra day and that every ticket is now a full day ticket.

We have also put up specific post on the AFOLCON blog: http://www.afolcon.c...ing-to-november

Edited by mrselsmore

I think there are a few things to come out of his, demand is very high which is great and I could see this being a big yearly event in London.

They must have known about this for some time to get the venue changed and the name changed.

I would guess that Lego has asked/told them to change the name as people might think that Lego run the Lego Show

This seems like a shambles from start to finish,

Now they have put new tickets on sale before the cancelled show tickets have been refunded. Really not very impressed with this. Can you imagine if people coming in from Europe or further afield had booked flights and hotels. Really poor show by the organisers in my opinion.

Paul

Now they have put new tickets on sale before the cancelled show tickets have been refunded. Really not very impressed with this. Can you imagine if people coming in from Europe or further afield had booked flights and hotels. Really poor show by the organisers in my opinion.

Yeah, I was thinking of flying over the pond for european trip and hitting part of this ... but even with new dates I think I'd rather try STEAM which seems more stable.

Ooh, that's fantastic news. This means I'll probably manage to attend, whereas the original dates collided with the EB Event. Splendid, I say!

Paul

Have you been at the show before? ;)

Paul

Couldn't agree more. :hmpf_bad:

Have you been at the show before? ;)

No but I've been to steam for the past 3 years and I'm inclined to agree with the previous post about sticking with that one!

I really do envy all of you AFOLs who have the chance to go. As much as I would love to, it is too far away for me, and I don't have the money to get there. Hopefully next year!

I booked tickets for 'The Lego Show' on 13th Feb. If I hadn't have been on YouTube or on Eurobricks I would still be going to London in May !!!

If you cancel an event, shouldn't you tell the people who have bought tickets. I've had no cancelation or refund notice. Also if you reschedule an event, you can't change the name as well. That just confuses the situation.

Surely they must know Lego's policy on using the name 'Lego'.

Hopefully the extra 6 months will give them time to get their act together.

I booked tickets for 'The Lego Show' on 13th Feb. If I hadn't have been on YouTube or on Eurobricks I would still be going to London in May !!!

If you cancel an event, shouldn't you tell the people who have bought tickets. I've had no cancelation or refund notice. Also if you reschedule an event, you can't change the name as well. That just confuses the situation.

I got this from the O2 site

"Because of the change of venue we have refunded your booking to you automatically, and you should see the refund on your statement in five to seven working days."

O2 - The LEGO show - Rescheduled

Don't blame the team if O2 don't have given you back you money :(

The last 2 shows in 2011 and 2012 has been great.

I checked and I've had my money back from AXS. But no correspondence from them, O2 or the show organisers.

I'm sure the show will be great. I rebooked last night, but just think changing date, name and location shows a lack of planning.

Your post initially gave the impression that you hadn't got your money back. I gather from your later post that you got your money but no refund notice which seems rather strange. In my mind that was a matter for the ticket agents who had all your booking details not the organisers who have been publicising the change in venue, date and name on various online fora including here.

As regards the use of the 'LEGO' name, I suspect the organisers are very familiar with the policy as the previous 'LEGO Show' in 2012 in Manchester was supported by the LEGO group.

The larger venue should make for a great event that is more accessible for european MOC builders than other UK or northern european locations and I am looking forward to it.

3BrickFriends

My apologies for not replying to your posts sooner, but I was travelling and in meetings all day yesterday.

My thanks to eiker86 and Dfenz for their responses.

I'm very sorry that you have not had any direct contact from AXS regarding the change in date, venue and name. They had assured us that all ticket holders had been contacted AND had their tickets refunded. However, recently we have been made aware that some ticket holders had not been emailed by them. We have taken this up with them and, in addition to moving the dates and venue due to circumstances beyond our control, we have also instructed See Tickets to be be our new main Box Office suppliers.

I'm glad, however, that you have received your refund and that you are able to join us on the new dates in November and have your new tickets. We look forward to seeing you there and hope you enjoy the show.