Itaria No Shintaku

Ghostbusters 30th Anniversary CUUSOO set Discussion

0_o I'm not a Ghostbusters fan but I have some strange attraction to this set, looks amazing :wub:

$60 is pretty steep though......

Edited by TDKR2012

Ooh i do like this set! Too bad, they don't include slimer (he was in the original design, right?) and they still don't have hair for black people.

So, there will be chrome pieces and everything is printed! $50, $60? Why is there conflicting information about how much it will be? I don't care, I'm getting one.

and they still don't have hair for black people.

Not exactly sure what you mean, the hair looks fine to me. Anyway, the set is looking very good. I like the inclusion of a minifigure stand. and I hope the ghostbusters logo is printed. Edited by arc

Not exactly sure what you mean, the hair looks fine to me.

I mean that Winston Zeddemore looks like a Winesh Zeddemore (it looks like the guy is from India) because of the straight hair.

Okay. Wow. I think the price point is a bit high - but what I was expecting with the four minifigs and all. I just think this was an excellent fit with the LEGO universe - glad it's getting made - I can hopefully pick this one up on a sale later in the year...The car is a great detail and yes - having all the pieces printed seems like a must - here's hoping.

Also - I was worried the backpacks wouldn't work out -but they look great, especially with the printed round piece.

I'm really shocked to see pictures so soon after the announcement. It looks like the whole Cuusoo concept is getting faster. Let's hope this is not an exception and the review stage and the developing process are really getting shorter. One day, we might be getting pictures and all the set information at once together with the announcement.

Holy crap that was extremely fast. And a June release??? WOW! I'm good with whatever price they slap on there, that's a gorgeous model.

Beautiful model and also a very, shall we say, brave model because I never think I have seen that kind of side window construction on a official set before. That is normally only something you see on good MOC's. Good show LEGO :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Edit: Looks like the number plate and "backpacks" are printed pieces, while based on what I can see on the toy fair photos the logo could very well look like a sticker...

Edited by Dane

This is another great creation by Marcos, also as cool as a slimer mould (rotta the hutt) would've been it surely would drive the price up. Hopefully this won't be so expensive for us Brits, if I was to guess it may be £40 :classic:

21108 LEGO Ghostbusters will be available for purchase in June 2014 for USD $49.99 / CAD $59.99 (UK price not revealed yet)

0_o I'm not a Ghostbusters fan but I have some strange attraction to this set, looks amazing :wub:

$60 is pretty steep though......

I think it is $50. :classic:

Pretty much perfect in my eyes, I'll get one.

Sure, if I had my way... a touch more chrome, a striped tile for the trap instead, one more trap...

Seriously, no ghost? Come on, even the new ghost design from Monster Fighters was in a $4 polybag set. I'm glad I am fortunate enough to have some of the old ghosts from the 80s, I guess. LEGO even broke their own rules in that they try to put a conflict in non-city sets. Well, the non City sets I reckon. And the non-AFOL targetted sets, maybe?

Now I'm sad that MF is gone and I didn't get any for the GB to fight!

And the stand, I'm mixed on it. I like it but I'd rather have a ghost.

Edited by TheWarden

No chrome as far as I can see. Only regular silver. So not sure why anyone thought there was chrome? Edited by Floundie

WOW. Much better than the Back to the Future set.

Beautiful Ecto-1 car, perfect minifigs. Definitiely picking this one up.

This is absolutely fantastic! Lego again didn't dissappoint with the design of the set and the figs. They nailed Venkman's and Ray's face perfectly, and Egon and Winston are pretty good versions as well. The torsos are excellent! Very good job there! I love that each figure has their own name badge and each uniform is a bit different, was afraid they'd all have the same torso to save $$. Also, I love that they printed the back pack round piece, very cool. I was hoping there would be printing for the trap, but I can't be too picky, as it would've added more cost I'm sure. The missing Slimer is too bad, but it doesn't crush me, the ECTO-1 and figs are so good I can overlook that. Can't wait to get to add this to my DeLorean!

Now crossing my fingers for a Top Gun, Goonies, or Ferris Bueller Set... :laugh::tongue:

A great set, congratulations to Brent Waller but also to the designer who finished it, you both did an amazing job! Looks quite progressive from a technical point of view, too, which is nice. :thumbup:

Does anybody know if the logos are stickers (which I'd prefer in this case, I must admit ...).

On all the pictures so far the minifigs are outside the car... Will they fit in to it???

On all the pictures so far the minifigs are outside the car... Will they fit in to it???

It has room for 3 minifigures according to blurbs (like the one on FBTB). With a little MODing, you can probably get them all in. Needless to say, just by the way the car looks they will fit in it better than the BttF set too!