Itaria No Shintaku

Ghostbusters 30th Anniversary CUUSOO set Discussion

I'd be happy to be proven wrong but I can't see them doing any further continuation without a tie-in to a movie or TV show outside of the LEGO ideas platform. Like the Scooby-Doo rumour, there's a new TV show coming out around the same time so it makes sense.

Now when GB3 finally comes out?

It's bustin' time. :grin:

yeah hopefully a new movie will spur some new sets, hopefully they're not all focused on the new movie though as it's supposed to be a complete reboot, which would mean no stay puft, no HQ :(

Hold on a just a minute, ghostbusters 3!? Reboot!? I'm not sure whether to be excited or furious. I kinda feel both right now.

There's been talk of making GB3 for years now but nothing has happened yet. I talked to Ernie Hudson this year Motor City Comic-Con about it and he basically said that it's been in talks for so long that he'll believe it when he sees it. It might happen, but the 2009 GB video game was supposed to tie into the new movie and we're still waiting.

I'm just glad we got Ecto-1. It's a beautiful set.

Hold on a just a minute, ghostbusters 3!? Reboot!? I'm not sure whether to be excited or furious. I kinda feel both right now.

I hope there will be sets on that movie.

I think it would be bad because of reasons and if Michael Bay is Directing the movie, then it's worst.

Apparently the director of Bridesmaids is directing and it'll be an all female team.

I have had my eye on the custom printed ghostbuster arms for a while, seeing the picture pretty much just sold it to me. But i was curious if anyone has purchased the particle packs and guns?

Apparently the director of Bridesmaids is directing and it'll be an all female team.

Yeah, I heard that too.

If I may be totally honest, I think a reboot would be the best way to go, but maybe not a total reboot, maybe just like what they're doing with Star Wars 7 (new cast with the old cast as well). I think I'll be interested no matter what they do though. An all female team would certainly be a good place to start the reboot, I think...

As to the rumor of more sets... only if another movie happens.

And a bit more on topic, the set is fantastic. But more than anything, I have to compliment the fact that the original project was so well done that they didn't change that much. Really excellent work.

I have this set and the Back to the future set. I love them both, but Ecto 1 is better designed than the Delorian.

On a side note, when I was a kid I would make my own Ecto 1 and use space guys as Ghostbusters. So this set wasv literally a dream come true for me.

Edited by Captain Pirate Man

Just got the set today, and it's probably one of my favourite sets I've ever built, along side the Emerald Night and the Vampyre Castle. It's just such an excellent looking set, and such a great tribute to a fantastic movie. Excellent job Lego! :thumbup:

Find out? We got the results, months ago - the project became an honest-to-goodness set, and was released months ago. You can get official LEGO Ghostbusters right now!

Find out? We got the results, months ago - the project became an honest-to-goodness set, and was released months ago. You can get official LEGO Ghostbusters right now!

I think he's referring to the GB HQ?

Ah. The posts immediately preceding Legoman's are all specifically about the extant set, and for that matter so is the thread, so that wasn't entirely clear to me. That said, the official LEGO Ideas blog says the results of the review including the GB HQ are due in late January.

Just got the set today, and it's probably one of my favourite sets I've ever built, along side the Emerald Night and the Vampyre Castle. It's just such an excellent looking set, and such a great tribute to a fantastic movie. Excellent job Lego! :thumbup:

Finally got this set ordered. I'm expecting it in the mail later this week!

This was the first set I bought when I got back into building Lego after many many years away

You got their left arms printed? Why?

Yeah, I heard that too.

If I may be totally honest, I think a reboot would be the best way to go, but maybe not a total reboot, maybe just like what they're doing with Star Wars 7 (new cast with the old cast as well). I think I'll be interested no matter what they do though. An all female team would certainly be a good place to start the reboot, I think...

The upcoming Star Wars - Episode VII: The Force Awakens isn't a reboot at all, just a continuation.

I do think giving a new version of this a different spin, like an all-female team, will be the right approach for a reboot, as opposed to merely casting new guys in the same roles and starting over to tell essentially the same story. This should be better (though my first pick would be a straight sequel - but only with all the original principals, which now can never happen due to Ramis's sad passing).

I'm cautiously hopeful the reboot will bring new LEGO sets for both reboot and classic Ghostbusters, similar to how the Superheroes and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles lines represent different iterations of those franchises.