Itaria No Shintaku

Ghostbusters 30th Anniversary CUUSOO set Discussion

Wow. This is incredible looking. I'm just getting back into Lego (The Simpsons House was my first Lego purchase for myself in 25 years or so), and this will be great. Egon looks amazing, and the Ecto-1 is incredible looking and not super blocky like the DeLorean is. Can't wait! :D

Is that a black Indiana Jones whip for the hose on the proton packs?

I'm quite excited about the model though, maybe I'll give It a shot.

I like the spectacled face better like this vs the Clark Kent figure. These figures loo great! The car looks great. Definitely better than the BTTF set, but only because of the hood design.

I knew a lot of people are upset with these licensed tie ins, but that is what sells toys these days.

$50 is definitely worth this. So many good sets this summer.

Oh, so perfect......even better than BTTF.....a totally must-have after the Simpson's House ! :wub:

It appears also to have a new part.....the hoses look totally new (perfect gas pump hoses :grin: ) ! :wink:

There's some more pics of Marcos Bessa showing it off at Legoworld Copenhagen here showing the interior too.

Also I can confirm, NO STICKERS

There's some more pics of Marcos Bessa showing it off at Legoworld Copenhagen here showing the interior too.

Also I can confirm, NO STICKERS

Oh my god .... Was it at Legoworld .... I was there yesterday ... How can i have missed it :cry_sad:

Whoa! That car is epic. Best Cuusoo Set so far and a childhood dream come true. The brown rod on top should have been red though.

Aside from the printed round piece the proton packs look like of lame. This piece is the one that screams proton pack. It even has the hole to attach the hose. :wacko:

It looks like the shoulder logo is not there at all. No arm print for us. :thumbdown: I would have rather had four generic front torso prints (no initials or names) and the shoulder logo printed instead.

Minor nitpicks aside this is by far and away one of the best licensed sets ever. So how many Ghostbuster firehouse MOCs (or MODs of WetWired's design) are going to be showing up real soon? I will certainly have to make one for my town now.

Oh my god .... Was it at Legoworld .... I was there yesterday ... How can i have missed it :cry_sad:

I'm not sure but I think it was only on show for an hour or so.

Whoa! That car is epic. Best Cuusoo Set so far and a childhood dream come true. The brown rod on top should have been red though.

Aside from the printed round piece the proton packs look like of lame. This piece is the one that screams proton pack. It even has the hole to attach the hose. :wacko:

It looks like the shoulder logo is not there at all. No arm print for us. :thumbdown: I would have rather had four generic front torso prints (no initials or names) and the shoulder logo printed instead.

Minor nitpicks aside this is by far and away one of the best licensed sets ever. So how many Ghostbuster firehouse MOCs (or MODs of WetWired's design) are going to be showing up real soon? I will certainly have to make one for my town now.

That's actually the piece I used, however the connection to the back wasn't terribly strong so I'd say they probably changed it to improve the strength.

I keep meaning to do an LDD file for my firehouse, it has no interior but it'll give people a place to start at least.

This is AWESOME.

Definitely a day one purchase for me (doubly so since the guy who made the set is a Brisbane local :)

So many wonderful parts like the double-sided heads, the proton packs, the use of Indiana Jones whips as the cables connecting the packs to the guns, the barbell weights from the CMF series as hubcaps, the torsos on the guys (printing the full names would have been too hard given the size LEGO works at), all the lovely detail on the roof of the car and the no-ghost logos.

Everything is printed too which is a plus.

The ONE thing I would change if I could change anything would be to have a printed-with-diagonal-stripes 1 x 2 tile for the ghost trap instead of a grille tile. But given that the set already has 11 new printings (4 heads, 4 torsos, license plate, proton pack and GB logo) I can see why they went with the grille tile.

Edited by jonwil

Awesome set, Egon looks a bit dopey though. :laugh: And I'm not sure about Peter's hair. Even the regular brown hair (the one used in the '80s) would've been more accurate.

Edited by KingPixels

I'm not sure but I think it was only on show for an hour or so.

There were a lot of very nice setups. But i was really dissapointed that their werent any new stuff around. The LEGO movie stand was so dissapointing.

Only great new stuff was the City Arctic theme and the builds from the fan Zone ( which im gonna put a lot of pictures up off in the following days ).

It wasnt even announced that your build would be shown. Im really so unhappy that i missed it. :sadnew:

I was there from 11:00am till 5:00pm when they closed. I think that TLG could have done a better job letting FOL´s know what and when events would take place there. This is a major dissapointment for me, even though i had a great time.

Edited by LEGO Family

Wow that looks great and might be my first Cuusoo purchase! I was a huge GB fan when I was little and this looks amazing. I just wish we could get the firehouse and some ghosts. Maybe if this does well enough...

So glad you guys have seen it now, it's been hard to hold my tongue. I can't wait for better quality pics though as that picture above is better than the pics I've seen myself!

Better pics on the cuusoo blog

Even one of me :P

That pic of you is eerily similar to your sig fig!

Congrats, and thank you for this wonderful set. I am going to guess that part of the reason for the speed of this reveal vs. previous CuuSoo sets reflects how satisfied the Lego design team was with the original concept design? And how readily adaptable it was to a production format? If so a double Congrats WetWired. And an important lesson for other CuuSoo projects.

That pic of you is eerily similar to your sig fig!

Congrats, and thank you for this wonderful set. I am going to guess that part of the reason for the speed of this reveal vs. previous CuuSoo sets reflects how satisfied the Lego design team was with the original concept design? And how readily adaptable it was to a production format? If so a double Congrats WetWired. And an important lesson for other CuuSoo projects.

Haha, I was trying to do my best Bill Murray impression from Lost in Translation when he's filming the whiskey ad.

I don't know the exact reasons why it's come so fast, maybe they're trying to take advantage of the 30th Anniversary in June.

I should do a story or something on CUUSOO tips.

I keep meaning to do an LDD file for my firehouse, it has no interior but it'll give people a place to start at least.

I know I would greatly appreciate that, and I'm sure everyone else would too!

They should make a lego classic movie theme they already did BTTF and now ghostbusters I hope next we get the jeep from Jurassic park

Its been confirmed in this thread already that there are NO stickers in this set, just like the BTTF set had NO stickers.

Sorry, my fault for saying chrome silver. Not sure why I said that. The correct is metallic silver :)

Metallic Silver on new elements:

- Brick, Round 1 x 1

- Slope 18 2 x 1 x 2/3 with 4 Slots-

other new colors:

- Red, Plate, Round 1 x 1 with Open Stud

- Black, Minifig, Weapon Whip Coiled