ZCerberus

The Phantom

Hey Z,

You got a close up of that anchor?

That's a pretty kool looking anchor *y*

P

Woah it looks really cool can't wait to see the thing when it's fully rigged.

And just a quick question how tall is it? looks huge.

Sparrow

And just a quick question how tall is it? looks huge.

Well I am not sure how many studs tall it is, but my tape measure says the tallest mast is about 3' 6" tall, or about 106.5 cm/1.065 meters

I think I measured the length to be about 4' 6" which is roughly 137cm/1.37 meters long. Currently I have each section of the ship separated to work on the rigging, so I didn't remeasure the length.

I think Phred's DDW is probably taller. I think he decided to give his ship bigger rigging because he modeled the dimensions after the Surprise, which was using extra tall rigging. I am not sure how accurate the dimensions on my ship really are. I always prefer to go with "cool factor" over reality.

Rigging Getting more complete, still no...err... one partially complete sail...

aaphantom1.jpg

aaphantom2.jpg

aaphantom4.jpg

aafphantom2.jpg

Man the flash makes everything sharper, but the shadows and coloration suck... When the ship is done I will snap photos without the flash on a tripod. That should take care of both problems! For now, You will just have to enjoy them a little fuzzy... or poorly lit!

Absolutely incredible. X-O You did an outstanding job on the rigging.Pats on the back for ZCerberus. *y*

Superb rigging so far Z *y*

The only thing that doesn't quite look right is that it looks like the top yardarms are a little wide.

But that's the only thing i can nit-pick on this ship right now though X-D

P

Superb rigging so far Z *y*

The only thing that doesn't quite look right is that it looks like the top yardarms are a little wide.

But that's the only thing i can nit-pick on this ship right now though X-D

Yeah?... I wonder if that is partially also the angle of the camera... they are certainly shorter than the other yard arms... which consequently might not be wide enough (??)...

I guess we'll see when I try to add sails!

Anyhow, I'll keep advised of the progress!

Thanks all--

Here is 1600 x 1200 of the whole ship from the side. straight on...

img_2146.jpg_thumb.jpg

And a slightly better picture of the anchor for Phred...

img_2140.jpg_thumb.jpg

The rigging... it's great... This has to be the most beautiful LEGO pirate ship I've ever seen.

Your title really does you justice!

Magnifique!

Mr Tiber

8-o

I'm not sure what to say here other than WOW...maybe.

This is a *wonderful* ship design, absolutely stunning. I love the extreme detailing going on.

I *really* like the use of lattice panes hung from the shutter hinges to create angled windows that is one technique I will definately remember.

There are so many other things I've seen on this MOC that are well done it would take to long to list them all.

Congratulations on such a wonderful creation!

Can we get a scale check over here?

I think one thing about this ship that gets lost in all the photos is how large it really is. So for comparison I have a modified version of the Armada flagship to see how much larger the Phantom is.

The length is shown best by the first picture, though I wish it was more straight on.

img_2169.jpg

The width can be seen here. The Spanish ship is a bit dusty! You will also notice the entire Spanish ship's length is only from the back of the Phantom to the yard arm on the mizzen.

img_2168.jpg

The height is best show here... not even close.

img_2166.jpg

All in All, I would say the Phantom is a "fair" amount larger.

I think one thing about this ship that gets lost in all the photos is how large it really is. So for comparison I have a modified version of the Armada flagship to see how much larger the Phantom is.

You're right, the Armada Flagship looks puny. :-P You do appreciate the size of the Phantom with a comparison model.

The Spanish ship is a bit dusty!

I think that's a bit of an understatement. X-D

LOL...those pictures make quite an impressive statement! Especially the rigging shot.

My HMS Bellerophon is hard to judge too. I may have to take some shots of it with something like that...I have an Imperial Flagship set around somewhere...

Lord Nelson would be proud *y* That is a very fine ship, and is very "Victory-eusqe" I would like to see a picture at an angle with all her guns run out.

Good idea comparing your Mega-MOC to an Armada Flagship ;-)

That was the only lego pirate ship i had still put together when i was building the Dame du Loup.

P

Good idea comparing your Mega-MOC to an Armada Flagship ;-)

That was the only lego pirate ship i had still put together when i was building the Dame du Loup.

P

it is the only one of Lego proportions that I have in my apartment! I have the Sienna here too, but the is only somewhat helpful as it is not Lego sized.

You've really constructed a big beast (not meant as ugly ;-) ).

It could easily ram the Armada flagship and not even notice they hit something.

Good idea to take a picture of the 2 ships.

So I snapped some photos of the classes of men that will on the Phantom. The first set of pictures were lousy, so I attempted again. Mush better the second time around...

I am not sure which background is best, so feedback is always appreciated!!

First, the Sailors...

sailorclass2.jpg

sailorclass3.jpg

And the Marines...

marinesclass3.jpg

marinesclass2.jpg

Very nice pictures. You've done a good job in adding the backgrounds.

I prefer the blue background. Don't have a good reason for that...

And I like how those marines looks. White backpacks and white epauletes look good on those figs.

How many figs of both groups do you plan to have?

Edited by bonaparte

Good question... How many do I already have!?!

I have 8 regular marines and 1"Captain of the Marines" on the Sienna, and I think I have 18-20 regular marines and 1 Captain of the Marines on the Phantom. I should also make some more Marines and put them on the Arbiter II, then I could move those soldiers to front Brighton.

The Sailors... well I think I have around 10-15 on the Arbiter II and about another 20-25 on the Phantom (or just lying around).

I also plan on making the neat little "Classification" pictures for regular soldiers and then one for "Heroes" of my universe such as Admiral Burress, Captain Certich, La Tortuga Oscura, and Governor Brickard.

I also plan on making the neat little "Classification" pictures for regular soldiers and then one for "Heroes" of my universe such as Admiral Burress, Captain Certich, La Tortuga Oscura, and Governor Brickard.

Aaah yes, we all need heroes.

It would be interesting to see some character developments for some of your heroes.

What did they do to get where they are today. Especially for the guy who's in charge of that massive fortress of yours and the one that's in charge of the Phantom.

Hero on!! (first time i use the "something" on thing :-D )

Am a hallucinating due to a large amount of soda consumption, but is that Phes in the marines?

MarinesClass2.jpgav-273.jpg

Yes, the guy second from the right sure does bare a remarkable resemblance to our fearless leader...

Edited by ZCerberus