WhiteFang

REVIEW: 71005 LEGO Minifigures - The LEGO Simpsons Series

LEGO Minifigures - The LEGO Simpsons Series  

280 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this entire LEGO Simpsons Series?

2. 2. How do you find this review? Do you find it helpful and useful?

• 1 - Very helpful and useful
    • 2 - Somewhat helpful and useful
    • 3 - Little helpful and useful
    • 4 - Not helpful and useful at all
  3. 3. Are you happy to see the LEGO Simpsons being feature in the LEGO Minifigures theme?

4. 4. Do you like the distribution allocation number based on the designs for LEGO Simpsons Series?

• 1 - Yes, I love it
    • 2 - Neutral and it made no difference to me
    • 3 - No, I hate it
  5. 5. Will you buy and collect a complete set of LEGO Simpsons Minifigures Series?

• 1 - Yes, I will definitely complete a full LEGO Simpsons series!
    • 2 - No, I will not be collecting the LEGO Simpsons Series

I'm going to summarize my thoughts very quickly so that I do not waste time.

This is the first review that I have ever seen from WhiteFang and perhaps the first or close to first review I have seen from this website by any member. This review is very carefully put together so that any user can understand the subject , background and production of this Lego series. WhiteFang has an excellent way of describing in detail all of the components that make this series worthwhile collecting. Although I noted a few mistakes in grammar or spelling I was able to read this thoroughly and understand exactly what he was explaining. As a small time Simpsons fan I am impressed with this series and the delivery that WhiteFang provides in his details and opinions to the Lego community. I also appreciated that he took the time to distribute all of the series figures from the box and determine their ratio of distribution. This user has made it very convenient and very time-saving for us to look for the figures in a timely manner. Through this review I have also begun to appreciate these figures more than I would have just by looking at the images. With a comical style he adds specific comparisons to other series figures in the past and even switches bodies so that they figures are shown to be versatile.

In short, excellent job to this user and I look forward to more reviews.

How easy is it to feel the minifigs heads? Wiggum. Millhouse and Grampa all have a 2x2 tile as accessory...

Edited by merman

Thanks for the very early review!

The series looks okay-ish.

There are some nice torso prints but I can't think of any uses for the heads, they're all just plain ugly (Albeit recognizable, especially Chief Wiggum), but I do like the super-simple prints. It's rather nostalgic after so many over-detailed SW 'figs with foot printing and such, though the mini leg printing here is marvellous. Shame none of that ever made it onto any of the 14 short the Hobbit figures. I probably will only buy Chief Wiggum, Apu and Scratchy.

The full line-up of the upcoming LEGO Minifigures – The LEGO Simpsons Series

Have you been holding out on us as I've noticed the date on your original post of on 30 January 2014 - 01:02 AM?

AC

PS. Another great review and I've always made it a point to view them so I'll know what to look/feel for when they hit the stores.

Thanks for the review WF!

This series is not my cup of tea, which I think is kinda sad since I really like the concept with collectible minifigs and I've collected all of the previous series. However, these Simpsons-figs (I'm not even sure if I want to call them real minifigs) are horrible! The heads are so awful! I had hopes that the bodies would be useful but now that I see them I think their design is too simplistic to fit with the normal minifigs. The accessories are quite boring too, just some recoloured ones.

Here's hoping for a good Series 12 with normal minifigs! :sweet:

Nice review! I'm not exactly the biggest fan of the Simpsons but some of these minifigs I have to get as they can be useful (ex Mr Burns torso can be an excellent Riddler suit)

I won't bother with this line. I like the Simpsons as a TV show but have no need to include them as part of my Lego creations. I am sure they will sell well but I am disappointed that Lego sets are becoming too model-collector orientated and limiting people's creativity.

Don't get me wrong, I think the Minifigures series are an integral part of Lego, allowing roles that aren't necessarily available in standard sets. However, there are still a lot of non-licensed figures that haven't yet been made and I am pleased the next series to be revealed will hopefully be back to normal. I cannot wait for pictures and the customary White Fang Review of the real Series 12!

For once, I have to disagree about TLG limiting the creativity of individuals. The fact that they offered only the minifigures without a set next to it actually encourage creativity in my opinion. We have already seen people creating Simpson s related sets such as the school. I am certain we will see many new versions of Simpsons related landmark soon. That being said, I doubt I'll purchase them as they are too specific and it would be difficult to mix these figures with regular ones.

Thank you for the nice review. Although I think think the figs are a bit grotesque, they have some nice prints and accessoires.

Good that the 3-4-5 distribution is made again. In the last lines, some figs were too exclusive.

EXCELLENT REVIEW!! Im loving these! Now the question is... does anyone here know where we can buy these when they go on sale by the box?? Thanks!

Great review yet again WhiteFang, I hadn't realised scratchy included the tail piece which is rather nice, I wish May would hurry up :classic:

Again, awesome job on your review, WhiteFang! Always love the tie-ins with other minifig series underneath each character, you seem to find a connection with everyone! Great job!

These figures are absolutely amazing, thank you for the in depth review ,without this I would have never known about the sling shot print ,that minor detail makes bart my favorite now.

Great review and great looking figs.

But TLG's greed means continually increasing of prices.

Seems like the RRP for this is up more than 30% on previous CMF sets. Retail up $2.99 to $3.99.

Sure, understand there are new mould for the figs but a) the Simpsons CMF surely isn't standalone (there's already the House and there should be more to come) and b) licensing fees.

But with each new wave, prices goes up up up. Guess $4 billion revenue isn't enough. Mwahahahaha.

Thank you very much guys for your comments and thoughts!

I'm going to summarize my thoughts very quickly so that I do not waste time.

This is the first review that I have ever seen from WhiteFang and perhaps the first or close to first review I have seen from this website by any member. This review is very carefully put together so that any user can understand the subject , background and production of this Lego series. WhiteFang has an excellent way of describing in detail all of the components that make this series worthwhile collecting. Although I noted a few mistakes in grammar or spelling I was able to read this thoroughly and understand exactly what he was explaining. As a small time Simpsons fan I am impressed with this series and the delivery that WhiteFang provides in his details and opinions to the Lego community. I also appreciated that he took the time to distribute all of the series figures from the box and determine their ratio of distribution. This user has made it very convenient and very time-saving for us to look for the figures in a timely manner. Through this review I have also begun to appreciate these figures more than I would have just by looking at the images. With a comical style he adds specific comparisons to other series figures in the past and even switches bodies so that they figures are shown to be versatile.

In short, excellent job to this user and I look forward to more reviews.

Thank you very much. I am very glad you have enjoyed this experience of reading through my review for the very first time in Eurobricks. I appreciate your feedback very much and I am indeed very pleased to know that you are able to understand and relate it to my thoughts.

How easy is it to feel the minifigs heads? Wiggum. Millhouse and Grampa all have a 2x2 tile as accessory...

This will be an interesting challenge! Thank goodness that these new headpieces for the Simpsons are hard and sturdy.

What is the release date for these minifigures?

It will be either 1st May or 1st June, as mentioned in this review.

Have you been holding out on us as I've noticed the date on your original post of on 30 January 2014 - 01:02 AM?

In a way, yes! I have been working on it in stages since then.

Here's hoping for a good Series 12 with normal minifigs! :sweet:

Me too, Etzel! Me too..

Nice review. I especially liked seeing how regular heads look on the Simpsons' bodies. I'm not really impressed and probably will skip the series.

Is this the most equal distribution we've had in a series?

Steve

Great review and great looking figs.

But TLG's greed means continually increasing of prices.

Seems like the RRP for this is up more than 30% on previous CMF sets. Retail up $2.99 to $3.99.

Sure, understand there are new mould for the figs but a) the Simpsons CMF surely isn't standalone (there's already the House and there should be more to come) and b) licensing fees.

But with each new wave, prices goes up up up. Guess $4 billion revenue isn't enough. Mwahahahaha.

You missed one important aspect that is increasing the price. TLG is now making certain parts using more than one color of plastic. You will notice that the short sleeves on Homer, Bart, Krusty, Milhouse, Nelson, and Itchy are not achieved through printing. Two different colors were injected into the mold to create those arms. The same techique was used to create the shorts and shoes for for Bart, Lisa, Milhouse, and Nelson.

I wouldn't be suprised if TLG used this technique again in the future since printing on certain colors of plastic will often result in distorted colors.

I really like this series but I don't see how I can afford it right now. There are simply too many sets that I want this year such as Mixels, the LEGO Friends animal packs, and The LEGO Movie sets.

Edited by Arigomi

You missed one important aspect that is increasing the price. TLG is now making certain parts using more than one color of plastic. You will notice that the short sleeves on Homer, Bart, Krusty, Milhouse, Nelson, and Itchy are not achieved through printing. Two different colors were injected into the mold to create those arms. The same techique was used to create the shorts and shoes for for Bart, Lisa, Milhouse, and Nelson.

I wouldn't be suprised if TLG used this technique again in the future since printing on certain colors of plastic will often result in distorted colors.

I really like this series but I don't see how I can afford it right now. There are simply too many sets that I want this year such as Mixels, the LEGO Friends animal packs, and The LEGO Movie sets.

While that is true, TLG are opening huge factories in China (employing 5000 staff) by 2017. This means that they lower manufacturing costs exponentially. It's pure bottom line. I love Lego but I'm getting increasingly disenchanted by their ever increasing prices and their need to top US$4 billion revenue. Guys. That's 4 BILLION DOLLARS.

I haven't watched The Simpsons in around 14 years, so the theme doesn't appeal to me. However I may get Scratchy as he looks good (especially due to the tail) and Maggie for the new torso part. I may also get Homer for the accessories and torso.

Edited by Cube1701

Great review, WhiteFang! Thank you.

I sometimes watch the Simpsons and enjoy it when I do, but I'm not a massive fan. TLG has done a good job of capturing the look of the characters and if I were into the cartoon (or into the City theme and wanted these minifigs for parts), I'd get them all. But as it is, I'll probably only get one or two for parts.

Is Scratchy's tail the first LEGO part - apart from fabric ones - to fit between a minifigure's torso and legs?

Also, are the two-colours-in-a-mould used for some of the arms and legs a first for TLG? It may herald an era of parts where the colour is more durable. What is the formal/industrial name for putting more than one colour of ABS in a mould? How do they ensure the colours don't mix; do they put the different colours of ABS in one at a time?