Calabar

Build with Chrome - Official LEGO and Google 3D online Social LEGO CAD

The LEGO Game, in collaboration with Google, presents a new Online CAD Software experiment.

At the moment, this software seems very simple, with a limited palette of bricks and colours.

The software requires a browser and any device with WebGL capabilities, that could be a Personal Computer, a Tablet, a Smartphone...

At the moment I tested it with Chrome, Firefox and Opera on a Personal Computer.

The peculiarity of this web application is that it has Social features: you can build your creations in a virtual LEGO word where your position is tracked by the GPS function of your device (if any).

Link: Build with Chrome.

Wasn't this launched in 2012? I remember building stuff on it at least a year ago... http://www.gizmag.co...h-chrome/23098/ http://www.wired.co....ith-chrome-lego

I think you are right.

I didn't notice by just looking at the front page. But if you click on "Explore all builds" in the lower left corner, you get to the familiar map view.

EDIT: On the other hand, there is a "Build Academy"-button to the right that I don't remember. Maybe that is new?

I friend has just found this. I hope is not a repost.

I am not sure if this is the appropiate section of the forum for it.

Enjoy it.

http://www.buildwithchrome.com/builder#

I find it interesting. I never have used LDD or any Lego software, I am curious now,will give it a chance.

Cheers =)

I started playing around with it earlier today.

One feature I love is once you place a brick, it re-creates the same brick without having to go back to the brick-pick window to select the same brick again and again.

It has limited amount of bricks compared to the actual LDD software.

LDD also does repeat selected brick. in Edit menu, select preference, and check the "repeat inserting selected brick" By default it's off and annoying for someone who uses the same piece a lot.

It's being discussed in the LDD forum. I'll merge your thread with the existing one.

No iPad support. Tried numerous browser apps but to no avail.

The problem is not iPad, but its browser: it misses the WebGL support. On iOS the core for every browser is ever the same.

We already discussed this speaking about mecabricks, the other LEGO 3D CAD based on WebGL.

Has anyone else experienced an issue in the Academy builds?

On the police boat, as soon as I pick the inverted slope, bricks are no longer usable.

Happens in chrome, haven't tried another browser just yet.

This tool existed for a while now (since somehwere in 2012), but it was only possible to build on a plot of land in Australia and New Zealand. Now, it's a worldwide feature, so it's not really new, but updated.

Yep, right. It was released end of june 2012 with building locations in Australia and New Zealand.

From my point of view, it's more a marketing campaign for the LEGO movie released soon. It doesn't seem to have evolved a lot and the selection of parts is pretty limited.

I can't complain though. Mecabricks is still way cooler lol

I almost got cvarried away with it and forgot my tea. Ran out of pieces. if google and lego could come up with a new builder program....

H