UniqueBuilder

10124 Wright Flyer

This was out awhile ago I think. Maybe 5 years...

Oops. :-P I just recently found it in my LEGO store and thought it was new. :-$

..And a search on Wright Flyer yielded nothing. 8-

Hi UniqueBuilder!

Any more in the store and what price ..... *sweet*?

Brothers On

copmike

Hi UniqueBuilder!

Brothers On

copmike

you know, we did see this in the discount tent in windsor last year. i had to make a stone of my heart not to buy this one... and still regretting it... :-X as mike said... any left, and, at what price? and what country?

I actually have one of these, currently its in MIB condition. It's a good model, good parts, but it doesn't feel that sturdy. I have this problem where the wings sag. It annoyed me so much that I smashed the model to bits in a rage. :-P

EDIT:

List is 49.99 US on this set, but I wouldn't be surprised to find it for less.

EDIT:

List is 49.99 US on this set, but I wouldn't be surprised to find it for less.

I have two of these sets neither of which were acquired at full price. The first one was acquired via 2 'grab bags' at Lego store in Anaheim California for $6 each. I didn't know what I was getting until I eventually figured it our from the parts that it was the Wright Flyer minus the caterpillar links that I had to acquire on Bricklink. A good deal nevertheless. Having built the first one I picked up a second when LS@H offered it in their sales and deals section - I think it was the beginning of last year. It looks very well but it is quite tricky to put together in that I found it difficult to snap the plates together properly where the wings connect to the bodywork.

David

I purchased the Sopwith Camel when it first came out. I really don't like the large scale of these MOCs. They make great models, but are wortheless in terms of your Lego city (unless you piece them out which I think is a waste).

Each of the sculpture plane models are excellent. I have two copies of the Wright Flyer and would like a few more. It just sold out North America. It is more fragile and a somewhat more difficult build than the Sopwith Camel and Fokker Triplane. The original plane was fragile so this is appropriate. Be careful while swooshing ;) The model also has a good selection of tan plates which are useful for landscaping. The various technic elements are good for making other plane sculpture mocs.

Ben

Brothers On

copmike

Hi copmike!

I think it was 3 left in Smart Club, Trondheim, in Norway, and they were at sale for 349 NOK. :-)

349 NOK = approx. 50 USD

I saw it while looking for the Caf

this set is a very good one.

the old planes serie has to be continued :D (I'm dreaming...)

this set is a very good one.

the old planes serie has to be continued :D (I'm dreaming...)

yeah i'm still hoping for a spitfire, but i think the series in no longer amongst the living :-X

Um, this topic is a few years old, unless you have something important to add, I think we shouldn't revive old topics.

EDIT - But since I alredy posted here, yes the set is awsome.

Flight ON!

Stauder.

Edited by Stauder