efferman

42030 - Volvo L350F MODs and Improvements

Thought I'd try my hand at the quick connect, wanted to do something that's quick but fairly secure, so I made more of a quick clamp:

Love your stuff can you make an LDD file

Edited by Blakbird
: Removed many quoted images.

Hello

After buiding the 42030 i found the steering to be bad and found ths page on the interet discussing the problems with the steering.

I am a total beginner so i hope some of you could help explain to me why i get 3 errors when i import Effermans lxf file into rebrickable??

It is regarding:

6 x 32123a

1x 32053

1 x 32052

Apparently they are not part of any sets. If they really exist I do not know

Best regards

René

Hello

After buiding the 42030 i found the steering to be bad and found ths page on the interet discussing the problems with the steering.

I am a total beginner so i hope some of you could help explain to me why i get 3 errors when i import Effermans lxf file into rebrickable??

It is regarding:

6 x 32123a

1x 32053

1 x 32052

Apparently they are not part of any sets. If they really exist I do not know

Best regards

René

When I did the same I replaced the 6x 32123a with 6x 32123b, and the 32053 and 32052 (clutch center and clutch housing) I replaced with 1x 76244 (the complete clutch assembly).

It is typical that you'll have to do some minor fixes like that when importing into Rebrickable, but most of the time it is resonably easy to figure out what to do to fix it. :classic:

Edited by Freppe77

I'm new to Lego and Technic and especially to navigating around the web sits. I've built the 350 loader and was not impressed with its performance. Finding your information gives me hope that I can turn it into a descent model and not an expensive box of parts. Where can I get the parts list and PLEASE make the instruction for your 350 available.

I had read on here someone forgot to zero the servo. After I built mine and moving it around for a couple of days I was worried it might not return to center when I turn it on so I did this.

640x480.jpg

640x480.jpg

Hi all,

Do you know if it exists a set or two that includes the 84 extra parts required for Efferman's mod ?

Thanks

I also did some changes to the original design. I mounted third party wheels and closed the gaps in the engine hood :-)

svadul9m.jpg

zv4chwfh.jpg

xysruq5y.jpg

Can you let me know what tyres you used please, and sorry if I've missed it elsewhere in the thread somewhere

Hi all,

Do you know if it exists a set or two that includes the 84 extra parts required for Efferman's mod ?

Thanks

I have a 42030 set together with the 84 extra parts required for the Efferman's mod. The set has been opened and sorted by colour but has not been assembled. If you are at all interested send me an email to h5djr@ntlworld.com

Dave

Modified.....and improved, check and check. :laugh: :laugh:

Boob-Scooper-Front-End-Loader--112572.jpg

I SWEAR I am not staying up late looking at some really kinky stuff online.....I just got the 42030 and was thinking of modifying it.... so I was searching for some ideas and I found this gem. Lol.....

Sariel... If you see this this might be a modification you want to try on your loader. I think your hamster will be quite pleased :grin: Wait...... is it a he or a she?

Hi, my first post and my return to building with Lego after 30 years.

I'm amazed at how things have changed.

My question is, has anyone used planetary wheels on this set? I see from the first post that it may be the case but in effermans and catweazal build instructions this is not included. I'm almost finished with the mod.

I've tried to search the forums but found nothing.

Any help for a novice on how best to build and install planetary gear wheels?

Thank you

planetary gears need a complete chassis rebuild, because the rear axle on the stock volvo is placed to much in the back. so you use better my 350 moc

Hi,

I have brought this kit, but want do the steering mod I have the pdf as I don't have the lego program, do you have a parts list for the mod please or a link to a list

Thanks

Hi,

i'm planning to buy this model for Christmas, for the steering mod with actuators i need to buy another motor or it could be used the steering motor of the model?

Thanks!

Look at post # 52, there is a graphic of the parts you'll need. The model uses a servo motor for steering, you'll need an M-motor for the retrofit.

I've heard several reports of people being unhappy with the 'jerky' steering on this model. One quick and easy mod that I did is to use the train remote for steering, and then connect the xl motor to the receiver that controls the steering. You get variable steering and speed which makes the model much more realistic, and when you steer while moving, it is fairly smooth.

I set the remotes up like this:

dscn1092r.jpg

then connected the wires like this:

dscn1091r.jpg

Brick_Sticker

Having a train remote spare I tried this and I must say it works rather well. Whilst I suspect not as good as a linear actuator, there is never the less a big improvement as you can now move the servo in small angles instead of the all or nothing left/straight/right. It is also far easier and cheaper to implement and you get the bonus of speed control as well.

Hello everyone.

Is there any BrickStore .bsx file with extra steering mod parts (with the number of each part)?

Thanks for helping a newby.

PauloS