efferman

42030 - Volvo L350F MODs and Improvements

Finally i own a 42030 and i have made a linear actuator steering mod. when i have made the lxf final i make a partlist of it

15884604942_60725cda72_z.jpg

and the actuators are at the same place like at the real l350f

Volvo%20L350F%20(3).JPG

source

actual lxf

Great mod to the steering and want to use it on the A and B models which now built.

A model from 42030 set the hauler from spare parts.

But can't open LDD file on my Mac OS 10.9.5 computer - can it be converted to a pdf file ?

Thanks Efferman. Looks like I will have another spare servo motor soon :)

thank you very much. sometimes it seems you have a different ldd version

It only seems so :laugh: It was actually quite simple you just have to out the wheel in 0 degree position attach tyres and than rotate it back to the rightfull orienatation.

both parts are a circle and then a specific angle is necessary to put it together? a simple solution for an insane problem

I can't find the single 33299 in the full model LXF file. Is that used for the steering mod?

Edited by therealjustin

the original 42030 uses this part only on one side (on left side under the receivers), i have added a second one for the other side to make a connection more simple.

Much better steering, ill have to do this when i rebuild my 42030, need some parts first though, too bad I've never used LDD before, i should get some practice. BTW if i follow the instructions up to a certain point, when do i start implementing your parts?

Edited by Corvette3

substep 3 (page 13)on step 4, Step 22 (page 27) and 25 (page 29)you can ignore. Step 32 (page 55) and his 10 sub steps you can ignore too.

On Page 57 and 59 you can ignore the 2x4 liftarm, included their pins, which are in front. The rear 4x2 liftarmes are necessary for the model. The upper black pins on these rear liftarms has to replaced by blue 3l friction pins (the liftarm is in center of the pins). on the innerside you have to put two angle connectors #1, facing in direction to the front axle. at this point you can add the preassembled steering mechanism. Be sure that the actuator rods are at the half of their moving range.

15705477000_cc3973a221_z.jpg

Step 49 (page 77) and his substeps are has to be skipped.

the axle 6 on step 57 ( page 93) has to replaced by a axle 7

Efferman, when I self gift this to myself for christmas I will do the steering mod first. So thanks for your work on the modification.

Thank you efferman for your very good mod and also for the description how to integrate it in the original BI - one question though (sorry for a maybe dumb one): is it possible to extract from the lxf file just this mentioned "preassembled steering mechanism"? so i could prebuild the new seering mechanism fro the lxf and then integrate it as described two postings above...

I work on these machines for a living ... I wonder if I can 'expense' few copies .... but then have to share them with colleagues ... darn!

Efferman,

Great steering mod! My only problem is I can't open the file. I have MLCad and Ldraw. Sorry if this is off topic but others may want to know the same. Thanks!

EDIT: Found out the program is through Lego. Now to learn how to use it.

Edited by gmshades

Efferman, your timing was perfect. I was just about to start building my 42030 and now it's got your MOD. Thank you so much for the last LXF, really helpful! :sweet: