AndroTech

42030 - Volvo L350F Wheel Loader

Meh, not really interesting to me. Done before though not RC.

Licencing adds nothing to this model other than price. It's not like Volvo loaders are something iconic, like say the unimog.

Also the front is ugly. That rectangular frame and the gears stick out like a sore thumb.

Yellow rims are cool.

I could probably understand if it were the case that liftarms were a different shade of yellow to body panels of half bushes, but the variance is within the same part, even down to specific sizes of part for example 2 7L liftarms that are different shades.

There is also noticeable differences among different type of parts, like textures and shades.

In the case you mention that's definitely the first point that I explained. Decrease the production costs that a too tight color variance would cause. And here I'm not speculating as I've heard it from LEGO people.

A good parts pack for PF and some other stuff... maybe i will buy someone in the future when it come back used to the market for max 100€ ... then this will be a good deal for the parts... apart from that this is a boring and bad designed model - bad in the looks (except the back and the bucket) and from the functions, especially the crappy servo-driven steering...

last years 42009 mobile crane has its flaws but

a) the predecessor 8421 was really really long OOP

b) it is at least well designed and does what it should do - though a little bit slow - and it looks very good

the new flagship fails in both aspects - the predecessor 8265 is just some years old and it looks much better

Very disappointed from the year 2014... the only ray of hope could be the plane 42025 ...

Looks like the Technic Theme has lost its 'mojo' ... just repeats now, humm ... are we/they going through another dark age?

Would it be too much to ask to have some yellow #4 connectors hiding out somewhere in there?

And what the heck, I missed the memo that 1x6 liftarms in yellow were released in that new container truck (the same that has the blue flat panels). Mine I gotta keep up.

Looks like the Technic Theme has lost its 'mojo' ... just repeats now, humm ... are we/they going through another dark age?

The beauty of LEGO is that if we don't like what LEGO has to offer, we can create our own stuff. :thumbup:

Four big wheels, yellow parts, LA's and a Volvo license..

Could this be the B-model?

articulated-dump-trucks-20174-3687505.jpg

I'm holding out for this :tongue:

1971%2BVolvo%2B145S%2Bwagon%2B1.jpg

Four big wheels, yellow parts, LA's and a Volvo license..

Could this be the B-model?

License = no b-model.

Meh, not really interesting to me. Done before though not RC.

Licencing adds nothing to this model other than price. It's not like Volvo loaders are something iconic, like say the unimog.

Also the front is ugly. That rectangular frame and the gears stick out like a sore thumb.

Yellow rims are cool.

Well, actually Volvo Wheel Loaders are the BEST in the market. A close second is Komatsu, but Volvo is THE market leader for Wheel-Loaders ... of course, this comes with a hefty price tag, but that's what you're getting with Swedish Engineering.

Ok I like it and will buy for sure, but despite some new parts and number of motors its basically just a 8265 full motorised/RC. :sceptic:

I dont like the front actually, looks rushed and unfinished.

Edited by Pedro Antunes

I like it. Those of us who collect and like construction gear will love this, and it has a servo and RC. Now, are TLG responding to feedback?

H

I like it. Those of us who collect and like construction gear will love this, and it has a servo and RC. Now, are TLG responding to feedback?

H

I agree I also love construction sets so I'm happy with the loader.

Only flagship I don't like in the last few years is 9398.

Looking at the hand rails, they are much too thick for the model. This could have been fixed with some rigid piping, which is used for pneumatics, or some of the thinner rods which are used in city and creator sets. I know that 8265 used similar handrails, but in this location, along the rear on both sides, well it is just too prominent

Well.... I like it overall but, don't like steering (prefere mini la's option) and don't like so much the front design..prefere the 8265 one. Talking about dimensions, compard with 8265? A bit bigger?

There's a lot of people complaining About the front of the loader. It's pretty much the same as the real L350F if u look closely. Even the real machine looks very bare when the shovel is raised up. I think lego got it fairly spot on. Only complaint I have is the tires are a tad bit too small.

License = no b-model.

The box clearly has the by now familiar "2-in-1" logo, but it could be a preliminary box.. Then again, it definitely looks more final than preliminary boxes of the past

I was just wondering.... Does it really make sense making Licensed Models of such heavy Machinery?

Lets think about it. Such Volvo would be a rare item. Most likely kids never sow these in real life and a very small %%% of adults could relate to such Machinery. For most of us ( I guess ) this Front loader looks like generic Construction vehicle and most likely we see it for the first time or we would not even knew what model and brand that thing is ( if noboy would say its Volvo )

For example, if we got a Licensed set of "Land Rover" or some iconic truck like "Peterbilt", or even Sports car like "BMW M3". Wouldnt a lot more people be interested in such licensed set? The Vehicles that a lot more people could relate to or even own? Surely even people who are not in to lego would like it? I know some people who are not in to Lego, but they LOVED their VW Camper Van Lego set.

TL:DR version: Why paying and making licensed sets where Licensed adds very little to actual Set? Wouldnt set be better off being non Licensed and saved money spent on actual design and increased part count? Or if you do use License then choose a better brand and object that people could relate to?

The motion range for the bucket is really bad and the steering is crazy. The new bucket, motors and wheels are a plus so it kind of evens out. Probably easy to mod this set.

It is a nice set for my wanted-list. Why are on the second and third Picture the front wheels the other way around. I think with all those Motors it will be an expensive set.

I was just wondering.... Does it really make sense making Licensed Models of such heavy Machinery?

Lets think about it. Such Volvo would be a rare item. Most likely kids never sow these in real life and a very small %%% of adults could relate to such Machinery. For most of us ( I guess ) this Front loader looks like generic Construction vehicle and most likely we see it for the first time or we would not even knew what model and brand that thing is ( if noboy would say its Volvo )

For example, if we got a Licensed set of "Land Rover" or some iconic truck like "Peterbilt", or even Sports car like "BMW M3". Wouldnt a lot more people be interested in such licensed set? The Vehicles that a lot more people could relate to or even own? Surely even people who are not in to lego would like it? I know some people who are not in to Lego, but they LOVED their VW Camper Van Lego set.

TL:DR version: Why paying and making licensed sets where Licensed adds very little to actual Set? Wouldnt set be better off being non Licensed and saved money spent on actual design and increased part count? Or if you do use License then choose a better brand and object that people could relate to?

We will never know how it really happens, but I feel licenses like this and the Unimog, start with an approach from the licensed brand instead of TLG.

And if it like this, it may its influence on the value of the license. Maybe it becomes much cheaper.

I imagine Technic licenses are a totally different game than Disney licenses for other LEGO themes, for example.

The motion range for the bucket is really bad and the steering is crazy. The new bucket, motors and wheels are a plus so it kind of evens out. Probably easy to mod this set.

How can u say the motion range is bad in a short clip video.