AndroTech

42030 - Volvo L350F Wheel Loader

Eol = end of life. That is exactly the point I made earlier. The E is current production, about to be phased out. The F is most likely a newer generation, about to roll out any time soon.

Hi everyone

I've attached two PDF files on the A25. One is a general product brochure, and the second is about the A25 in tunneling applications. As you can see in the latter, the main benefit of the short 4x4 is its tighter turning radius, which is ideal in narrow tunnels. The model is particularly popular in Japan.

As for the discussion about the existence or non-existence of the F generation of the A25 4x4; As have been noted, you can’t find the 4x4 with the F model designation in any on-line product presentations. This is because the 4x4 is no longer part of the standard product offer. It is however available for special order, so in that sense it exists. And when the LEGO model was to be made, naturally the newer, cooler looking F-design was chosen. :classic:

Hope that answers some of the question you guys have been having.

Oh, and here are some more pictures on the LEGO L350F I found:

http://www.betterroa...ith-lego-group/

http://www.equipment...hotos/?pid=3212

A25E4x4_spec.pdf

Volvo Articulated Haulers in tunnels.pdf

If the 4x4 F exists then there should be pictures somewhere even if it is a special order so were still no better off!

It's a B-model. Why are pictures so important? Most of the time the B-model is mediocre at best. Now you get a pretty decent B-model, but suddenly there needs to be a picture :cry_sad:

Besides, who cares about 4x4? If I ever build the B model, it will have three axels! The real question is how to financially motivate the purchase of two copies of this set. There's a lot of great non-technics sets released this summer too.

True!

Maybe build the B-model with your existing parts, added with some Bricklink orders. Forking out another 180 euros (?) is probably too much for the B-model.

Nice turning system and different size wheels interesting... Thank you Superkalle.

You're welcome :classic:

If the 4x4 F exists then there should be pictures somewhere even if it is a special order so were still no better off!

Wow, there's no satisfying you, is there? :look:

Besides, why is it so important with pictures anyway?

There probably are... somewhere :classic:

Jim:

Pics are probably important because of the A25F sticker, when the A25F doesn't seem to exist (yet) as 4x4.

D3K:

If there is any pic on the web of a A25F 4x4, it's strange that it doesn't show up on searches?

Jim:

Pics are probably important because of the A25F sticker, when the A25F doesn't seem to exist (yet) as 4x4.

D3K:

If there is any pic on the web of a A25F 4x4, it's strange that it doesn't show up on searches?

Yes and yes. I'm not obsessed but I'm just making a point that any licenced set has to be close to the real thing so with one less axle is a big mix up in my opinion. Why didn't they just call it the A25E that's all!

Edited by davidmull

Let's not exclude the possibility of an upcoming A25F 4x4. The B-model could be a sort of advertise for that.

Let's not exclude the possibility of an upcoming A25F 4x4. The B-model could be a sort of advertise for that.

Maybe so,would be nice if volvo do this with the new model coming out.

Only that 4x4 Volvo models have bigger rear tires on same wheel; please notice front 23,5R25 and rear 29,5R25. IT would be nice that (in near future) LEGO creates bigger tire that fits racing wheel medium

I didn't see that before. But from the pics I checked out, you have to look closely to notice the size difference. I wouldn't say it really matters.

At least not on a B-model.

Edited by Error404

So who will be the first to have this set? Don't Lego normally release a few early copy's to some guys?

So who will be the first to have this set? Don't Lego normally release a few early copy's to some guys?

It appears to be that reviews appear about a month before release.

It appears to be that reviews appear about a month before release.

It appears so. I'm excited about this model it's a must buy.

I will have a video review on June 15th. Not allowed to show it sooner.