AndroTech

42030 - Volvo L350F Wheel Loader

Nice. I went downsizing. I needed the tires for another MOC and slapped on some LEGO balloon tires to hold it up in the meantime.

DSCF7846_zpsowv4a451.jpg

The servo steering seems to work better with the PF Train Speed controller.

My L350F had been sitting on the shelf for a few months so I decided to dust it off and take some new photos. I prefer outdoor shoots but it is -5c this time of year :laugh:

Before the shoot I had a go at replicating the proper L350F sloped back and also changed the rear end as I felt that the original was too squared off. I'm also using the Rock Crusher XT 1.9 tires but instead of foam inserts I actually put the included LEGO tires inside for added support. The best mod was adding Efferman's incredible steering system.

24433131041_f0e2d13056_b.jpg

24328201932_15018d3d3b_b.jpg

24140864650_f7d566b3c0_b.jpg

24140868540_22fde526a2_b.jpg

24328199232_bcac5943aa_b.jpg

24410266076_ca923b18ef_b.jpg

Edited by therealjustin

Are you pleased with them ? I have mine on he model for almost 2 weeks and everything is just fine, no problems at all.

Easy to fit to hub and look cool on vehicle :sweet: well pleased. I will rebuild it to efferman's idea of using activators for turning the Volvo :grin:

they only cost about £10 for the set cheaper than 1 tumbler tyre :tongue: thanks for the link guys and happy building

Edited by ctx1769

Whoop! mine just arrived four weeks early, not sure if Berlioz approves.....

25527483293_bf5718ff36_b.jpg

25525348764_a997a845d7_b.jpg

26063768041_f600b87d6c_b.jpg

26037610692_de56cc7d0d_b.jpg

I had a spare train RC remote and pretty happy with the steering using that. I'm fairly happy with the looks of it, but might try tidy the front section up, and definitely want to add some lights to this.

Whoop! mine just arrived four weeks early, not sure if Berlioz approves.....

I had a spare train RC remote and pretty happy with the steering using that. I'm fairly happy with the looks of it, but might try tidy the front section up, and definitely want to add some lights to this.

I think Berlioz may rather have a CAT 988H Wheel Loader instead. :laugh:

Anybody in Europe still after buying this incredible set, its on sale at Valuebrick.at for €77.70 + shipping :grin:

Anybody in Europe still after buying this incredible set, its on sale at Valuebrick.at for €77.70 + shipping :grin:

Please tell me you are joking, converted to NZ $, that's 1/3 what I paid for mine ($400 NZD ~€244)

Take it easy, I have just checked.

It is written: WITHOUT electronics!

The price today is 180 Euros (http://www.valuebric...F-Radlader.html), not 80 :(

That makes me feel a bit better, still a bit cheaper than what they are selling for down here (~$300NZD instead of $400)

Take it easy, I have just checked.

It is written: WITHOUT electronics!

If its 180 Euros without electronics, that makes it pretty expensive doesn't it?

Well finally finished the custom build and it drives much better than the original build :sweet:. Thanks to effermann for the redesign, catweazel for the pdf, freekysch for the link on the tires and my own brain for moving the front mudguard back :grin:

I almost scored myself one of these for $115 but someone bought it just before me :sadnew: little bit disappointed.

I've made a few improvements to mine!

For example, I've added a towing hitch!

27032589354_d581fec294_b.jpg

Also, I've made some lubricant containers too! And yes, they're blue like the real thing!

27032447784_02b91989d5_b.jpg