AndroTech

42030 - Volvo L350F Wheel Loader

I will buy it because its basically a good set with a ton of MOD potential.

I will pay full price for it because I am impatient and cannot wait for a sale...

Edited by neoconagenda

Just finished building it last night. Great build and the model is loads of fun to play with. I'm still not a fan of the servo steering but I understand why they used it. I let my 6 year old drive it and her method of steering is definitely just "hold it to the right" so if you used a linear actuator she would just let it stall continuously while steering. I'm not sure this model was really made for 6 year olds though. The model is certainly huge and the bucket is massive. I put it next to my Liebherr L580 and even though they use the same tires, 42030 dwarfed it. The model is very sturdy and can be picked up by the roof with no danger.

Just finished building it last night. Great build and the model is loads of fun to play with. I'm still not a fan of the servo steering but I understand why they used it. I let my 6 year old drive it and her method of steering is definitely just "hold it to the right" so if you used a linear actuator she would just let it stall continuously while steering. I'm not sure this model was really made for 6 year olds though. The model is certainly huge and the bucket is massive. I put it next to my Liebherr L580 and even though they use the same tires, 42030 dwarfed it. The model is very sturdy and can be picked up by the roof with no danger.

Could you make a picture of those two loaders? :)

I just finished my build. Now I wonder: is it normal that the cyclinders and pistons make a nailing sound?

I prefer after the build the 42009 and the excavator. But a nice Set...and I love Volvo...

I just finished my build. Now I wonder: is it normal that the cyclinders and pistons make a nailing sound?

Yes, that is normal. That is the internal clutch in the linear actuators slipping at the end of stroke. If you are hearing the sound anywhere other than the end of stroke, then you may have a build problem.

I pre-ordered on amazon the other day and they said delivery on saturday 26th, I thought it was released 1st August?

Have other people got one early?

got mine from our store yesterday. It just arrived and went straight on the shelf ;)

I prefer the B-Model.... but seems to need only half of the pieces?!

(I had one mistake in my build but found it directly and now everything works perfectly....)

I pre-ordered on amazon the other day and they said delivery on saturday 26th, I thought it was released 1st August?

Have other people got one early?

How much did u get it for on amazon, I'm planning on using up a lot of old gift cards for amazon of this set.

Edited by aminnich

Already parted out on BL, was tempted to buy a bucket but will buy a set for that. It will be cheaper to buy a set and ship it from Europe than buy a set from S@H, when it becomes available here, not listed yet.

How much did u get it for on amazon, I'm planning on using up a lot of old gift cards for amazon of this set.

Amazon US has 5 available now, 4 from Japan and 1 reseller already at a tad over $300. The Japanese prices are insane, and you would have to wait until well after the release next week to receive, of course dependent on where you live. In the US if I had ordered 1 it definitely wouldn't be here by 1 Aug, plus why spend over $400 for an item to be released in a week that costs $249 USD. I mentioned in an earlier post I found one at a TRU about 80 miles from me.

All I saw on amazon are the prices you are talking about and if those are the ones old schooler is talking about then I can wait.

Edited by aminnich

£165.31 was the price when I ordered it, delivery has been changed to today. :O

I picke up my set yesterday at a lego store close to my town.

They are selling this set for € 199...

It is a very cheap, because other great toy store houses here in thes south of the Netherands are selling it for around € 249 euro...

Still building it... I take my time to build it..

Edited by Henk61

I just built mine today. the lift is very powerful, it can lift up a 10242 easily

DSC01559.JPG

Edited by terenshi

I already picked it up at the Lego Store in Munich. Looks also great with my third party tires :-)

var3jhy3.jpg

Where did you buy those tyres?

Like them, what do they cost?

Where did you buy those tyres?

Like them, what do they cost?

Hi, these are 'Gmade MT1901' tires. Price is around 20$ / 17 € per 2 tires. I'll send you a PM, where I bought it.