AndroTech

42030 - Volvo L350F Wheel Loader

I will have a video review on June 15th. Not allowed to show it sooner.

That's great sarial. So u have it already?

Very nice looking indeed, and finally a model comes with authentic decals showing the make, in this case Volvo.

Hope they don't make the USA wait for it like the yet unreleased 1H2014 models which are available overseas but no in the US or Canada, wonder what the deal is...

That's great sarial. So u have it already?

I sort of wondered the same thing since there are pics of it already assembled. I assume it is full RC from the remotes showing in 1 of the pics I viewed?

Very nice looking indeed, and finally a model comes with authentic decals showing the make, in this case Volvo.

Hope they don't make the USA wait for it like the yet unreleased 1H2014 models which are available overseas but no in the US or Canada, wonder what the deal is...

I sort of wondered the same thing since there are pics of it already assembled. I assume it is full RC from the remotes showing in 1 of the pics I viewed?

Pics where?

There are pics, video, all you need to do is look, and yes. It is full remote, cant wait for it come out. It better too, LOL. Really dissapointed with LEGO right now, Wonder what lame excuse they have for not releasing the 1H 2014 sets. :)

Set was on the packing line in Billund two weeks ago, so its certainly possbile that some sets are out for review by now.

Box looks really big, but it might feel empty, because quantity of pieces os not that high.

Looks like it might have rear suspension.

It has a swinging rear axle, thats all :classic:

Like I said reviewers already got the set.

There are pics, video, all you need to do is look, and yes. It is full remote, cant wait for it come out. It better too, LOL. Really dissapointed with LEGO right now, Wonder what lame excuse they have for not releasing the 1H 2014 sets. :)

Taught there was new pictures. The link above we've all seen.

Pics where?

Several pics of both the box art and it finished sitting on a table, they we're in the first post of the topic.

Taught there was new pictures. The link above we've all seen.

So Im guessing that possibly either Lego put it together and somebody snagged the pics (like I said they we're several in the first post) to send to this website, or alternatively it could have been a top reviewer that was able to purchase a set before release. I don't I just asked cause I was wondering. Also @ Tommy S., I don't see any hint of rear suspension. In my experience with Technic since 2000 I haven't seen one construction vehicle (well maybe the Unimog, but that's not really a construction vehicle) that had suspension, Lego was focused more on the design and functions, whereas you see suspension on most of the large cars and off-road trucks. Sure wish I could get my hands on a 41999, but the price gouging is ridiculous on Amazon, eBay, etc. I hope to see it become a regular item that Lego sells instead of just producing a limited qty of 20K units.

In my experience with Technic since 2000 I haven't seen one construction vehicle (well maybe the Unimog, but that's not really a construction vehicle) that had suspension

The toy fair videos (posted earlier in this thread) appear to show a rear pendular axle. Could be a mistake. Dunno. Worth looking though.

The 8043 B model (crawler loader) has equaliser bar between the track frames = same principle as pendular axle.

Edited by andythenorth

After weeks of hard work I am proud to present my review :sweet:

42030 - Volvo L350F Review

The plan was to publish it yesterday, but I have been working 24/7 last weekend.

Hope you enjoy it.

Shame to see they haven't considered improving the front end. It really looks rushed/unfinished. Back end is great though. Still, won't buy it - I'll order the new parts (dat bucket) online. The whole thing is too expensive for me. Yes, the price is pushed up due to all the PF stuff included, but I already got lots of remotes/battery boxes/motors/etc.

Edited by jantjeuh

Shame to see they haven't considered improving the front end. It really looks rushed/unfinished. Back end is great though. Still, won't buy it - I'll order the new parts (dat bucket) online. The whole thing is too expensive for me. Yes, the price is pushed up due to all the PF stuff included, but I already got lots of remotes/battery boxes/motors/etc.

My thoughts exactly as well. It does look a nicer in those photos in the review, but I won't be too keen on spending an extra $50 (assuming it'll likely be $299.99 here in Canada) on a flagship which I don't like as much as the previous three. So this will be the first Technic flagship I'll be passing on since coming out of my dark age. I think I'll put that money towards buying 70810 Metalbeard's Sea Cow instead. :wink:

Edited by syy89

IMO it would have been preferable that the loader could be bought without the PF stuff. I'm not so keen on that, personally, and it does raise the price quite a bit with the amount of PF stuff the loader has.

IMO it would have been preferable that the loader could be bought without the PF stuff. I'm not so keen on that, personally, and it does raise the price quite a bit with the amount of PF stuff the loader has.

If you already own 8043/8275/8043/42009 it is probably sufficient to buy the new bucket separately.

I wonder if this will be possible and if so, for what price...

If you already own 8043/8275/8043/42009 it is probably sufficient to buy the new bucket separately.

I wonder if this will be possible and if so, for what price...

I don't think u will be able to buy it as it's a licenced set. Some will be for sale on bricklink but big money I'd say.

Regarding the so-called licensed parts, I was able to buy orange 5x11 panels directly from Lego Bricks & Pieces, no problem. Might be different for the bucket though, as it is a highly specialized part, and modeled after a specific piece of hardware made by Volvo :sweet:

The bucket and green engine blocks might be licensed, but I understood from a comment in this topic or Jim's review topic that the model itself at least is not licensed.

Edited by Error404

The bucket and green engine blocks might be licensed, but I understood from a comment in this topic or Jim's review topic that the model itself at least is not licensed.

I didn't say that :laugh:

My exact words are:

"I don't think it's licensed. It's a cooperation between TLG and Volvo, but I'm pretty sure TLG isn't paying Volvo a fee or something."

To be honest; I don't know whether the bucket and green engine cylinders can be purchased directly from Lego.

I didn't say that :laugh:

My exact words are:

"I don't think it's licensed. It's a cooperation between TLG and Volvo, but I'm pretty sure TLG isn't paying Volvo a fee or something."

To be honest; I don't know whether the bucket and green engine cylinders can be purchased directly from Lego.

I meant to say that I got the impression, from a comment in that topic, that it's not licensed :laugh:

However, it could be licensed even if it's just a cooperation?

Are we allowed to share the part list of this set before it's on shelf?

I spent time on putting it in Brickstock format, missing only ... yep the bucket. I'm ready to share it here.

Based on pic of BI in Jim's review.

Sure! Part list is already in the review, so go for it :thumbup: