AndroTech

42030 - Volvo L350F Wheel Loader

Source ?

Can't tell, sorry :look:

Top secret :laugh:

I think this will be one of the best Technic sets ever, I can't wait. I think i will have to make 1 little change though, the exhaust.

A collaboration with Volvo could be a good thing. I can see more of it happening. I look forward to the sets they release.

H

Superkalle - you rule :-)!

I can only second that :thumbup:

Who knows, I,ve been in the TRU by me every couple weeks looking for the 14 sets and nothing. Even the LEGO site has nothing for sale yet, and with the part change they did it might be a longer wait.

Sounds to me .... and in keeping with the official picture above ... that one needs to get two sets of such marvel. This hobby is getting expensive.

On the other hand, it has every PF component you can think of ... well ... except for the switch and lights.

i.e., nice collection of spare parts

Edited by DrJB

Oh and metric units would be nice...

agree :-), didn't know that Sweden uses imperial units :wink:

Nice video and will be a great build!

It's still quiet annoying there calling the dump truck the A25F and it only has one rear axle. It should be an A25E.

It's still quiet annoying there calling the dump truck the A25F and it only has one rear axle. It should be an A25E.

May be there is a small note somewhere in corner of the box "you should buy 2x42030 in order to build this babe"

:)

Even considering the hauler has only one rear axle, I think the front looks too long relative to the height/width of the vehicle. Looks like a crocodile's nose. Maybe it's just the angles of the photos...

Just build Designer-Han's hauler if you want a proper one to go with the 42030 :laugh:

Edited by jantjeuh

When I searched for pics of them, I found pics of both A25E and A25F with both 4 and 6 wheels. Seems like a 4 wheeled A25F does exist.

When I searched for pics of them, I found pics of both A25E and A25F with both 4 and 6 wheels. Seems like a 4 wheeled A25F does exist.

I couldn't find any pictures, and Volvo's brochures do not mention a 4x4 A25F. Would be curious to see a picture of it, then we can put this 'debate' to rest.

Typically the truck model is the first few characters/numbers ... the last version is usually the version/revision number.

Thus, I'm tempted to guess the A25E is an older model, the A25F a more recent one (typically 3-4 years). That said, the number of axles or engine offering (or other implements) are not used in the naming convention ... At least, this is how we do it where I work ...