Release year: 2014

Quantity of bricks: 227pcs

Quantity of minifigures: 1

Quantity of bags with bricks: 2 large bags + 2 small bags + 1 box with string

Bricklist: BrickLink

Proce: ~20Euroł (local shop in Poland)

Brickset

BrickLink

Awaited. For many, one of the best in the first wave CITY for 2014. I admit that I also gave the bear his charm and eagerly looked forward to this position on the shelves. As has already appeared, I took one and rush into the house. I was patiently waiting for for the best moment to, as usual, in a good mood, sit quietly for the construction and reviews. 60056 is a wonderful subject to photograph ! Anyway, check out what I made.

Box:

A perfect fit to the set. Not too large (26cm x 19cm), bulky because of over 7cm high. Coloration, typical for CITY representatives. The dominance of blue with a picture of the truck on the front. On the back is the new bottom bar of the representatives of this year's series. Not bad, and certainly better than the previous solution.

FRONT & REAR

01_box_front_small.jpg 02_box_back_small.jpg

TOP & BOTTOM

03_box_top_small.jpg 04_box_bottom_small.jpg

LEFT & RIGHT

05_box_left_small.jpg 06_box_right_small.jpg

Instruction:

Here's a surprise, because I have not met before, in a different set of Lego. Here’s no trailer or extra vehicle on a trailer but instruction consists of two books. Moreover, the first instruction does not have the end cover. It looks like a plucked from a larger instruction. This artificial division fits into bags of blocks, where we have two in set. The first instruction and first bag includes bricks for chassis, the second is the aisle.

07_instr_small.jpg 08_instr_small.jpg

Bags and labels:

10_bags_small.jpg 09_labels_small.jpg

Minifigures:

Smiling truck driver with a beard. It does not look like he had other family members in the previous sets, but I do not penetrate the subject. Unfortunately, the driver hass probably the biggest drawback of the whole set. Orange print on the chest does not fit the glaring orange color of trousers. Too bad, because it’s an outstanding set.

17_minifig_front_small.jpg 18_minifig_back_small.jpg

Interesing bricks:

Set, contrary to appearances, doesn't have a lot of interesting pieces. All are known for builders. Of particular note, in my eyes, deserved two parts and this is mainly due to the size:

6055330.jpg 6055330: Telescopic Arm 2X1 1/3X16

4614746.jpg 4614746: Brick 1X12

Work in progress:

11_truck_small.jpg 12_truck_small.jpg 13_truck_small.jpg 14_truck_small.jpg 15_truck_small.jpg

Finished set:

As I have written, set looks of the best on the pictures. There is no sense of the written word here. I threw a lot of pictures below, even though it is not the best solution, but I like this set VERY much, and during the entire construction period I took over 80photographs. Please forgive me that, but I think that at the end you will understand my admiration for this set. I give smaller thumbnails to not get tired when scrolling.

19_truck_small.jpg 20_truck_small.jpg 21_truck_small.jpg 22_truck_small.jpg

23_truck_small.jpg 25_truck_small.jpg 24_truck_small.jpg 26_truck_small.jpg

=== === === === === === ===

27_truck_small.jpg 28_truck_small.jpg 29_truck_small.jpg

31_truck_small.jpg 32_truck_small.jpg 34_truck_small.jpg 39_truck_small.jpg

36_truck_small.jpg 37_truck_small.jpg 35_truck_small.jpg 33_truck_small.jpg

30_truck_small.jpg 40_truck_small.jpg 38_truck_small.jpg 41_truck_small.jpg 42_truck_small.jpg

=== === === === === === ===

43_truck_small.jpg 44_truck_small.jpg 45_truck_small.jpg

BENEFITS:

+ EVERYTHING - everything should be boast: colors, solid, size, aspect ratio structures,

+ construction is one big and massive block – let me explain this, in traditional truck sets it’s easy to identify three main parts: chassis, cab and crate. Here, all three elements are an integral part. They are like one big brick,

+ remarkable construction without special bricks,

+ front of truck - large, simple in construction, but it’s “making terror on the highway"

+ no multicolour bricks in chassis,

+ every place in the structure is used - best to see it is behind the cab, where it is placed spool reel,

+ lift arm does not drop after lifting,

+ technical solution of pick up fork,

+ hook + fork - designer skillfully reconciled both solutions,

+ mirrors assembled to the bottom part of the cabin,

WEAKNESSES:

- orange color on the torso driver differs significantly from the orange color of pants,

- place under the arm lift seems unfinished, it will be good to add several plates to slightly mask the harshness of the structure,

SUMMATION:

The set is phenomenal ! Solid construction, great colours, size, technical solutions. Sleek design uses widely available blocks to create a hell of a good toy. These 227 blocks gave me great fun and showed how sophistically and original we all may build LEGO trucks. This is what I call thinking "out of the box"! A set of fully deserves the title of being one of the best, if not the best, with this year's series Great Vehicles. I enjoyed the fact that the CITY series is growing so rapidly and would stay that way. And out of jealousy, "I wish, I’d like build this way." :-)

Another amazing review! I really like the way you present it and the quality of your pictures is astonishing.

Thanks so much,

Yes, thank you for taking your time to present us with these great reviews. I would also like to compliment you on your stellar photographs. This set is certainly attractive! The cab style really sets it off compared with the typical Lego trucks. It makes me think of the old model team truck....well, sort of. Beautiful.

This is a great set. It looks a lot like the real life versions of these trucks, it has nice color scheme, and it is a good play vehicle. Thank you for the review!

I built this with my son today.... or more accurately, he built it and I did the stickers and knotting the string. We're both impressed as it looks great and the colour combination is pretty cool.

As a model, I'm actually liking it a little more than either of the Technic Recovery Vechicles....

Nice review too.

I bought this set today. Tommorow i'm going to build it with my son. As allways, my job is to turn the paiges of instructions...

I bought this set today. Tommorow i'm going to build it with my son. As allways, my job is to turn the paiges of instructions...

fasolaks, it means that you have to buy two sets. One for son, one for you ;-)

I do not have that kind of troubles. I have a daughter (3,5 years) but I'm bulding and taking photographs when she's sleeping. Maybe this is a solution for you ?

fasolaks, it means that you have to buy two sets. One for son, one for you ;-)

No way:) Only building together is fun!

Does the pictures work for you guys?

Brickshelf doesn't work, l have same problem with photo in my topics.

I agree this is a great set. The attachment to tow other rigs is genius. The 2 complaints I have is that the top of what's showing on the 1 x 12 blue brick should have been tiled, and the crane boom cannot extend. Since I mostly do technic, the crane boom is not a problem. But my next bricklink order will include blue tiles.

Great review. I bought this 20% off online on the weekend.

I was going to use it for parts for my own truck creation, but after looking through this review maybe I should have bought two!

I think I'll pick this up now, there are always too many city trucks, but this review sold me.

Thanks for the review, it settled the matter for me, I have to get one :)