Sign in to follow this  
highlandcattle

Train Talk

Heh,

I finally got my 10017 hopper waggon, It is indeed a lovely thing :) But now I want another one.

It is the first time that I feel that technic is both functional and good looking. Not a real technic fan overhere :)

Time to show of a part of my new moc:

875465720_46ceb60d83.jpg

Not quite finished yet, montain still needs a lot of work. The bridge design comes from a lego idea book from the 1960's. I changed it just a little bit.

You can see the orignal picture here.

I could have easely made this bridge with smooth parts but I kind of like that bricky look. :)

Lovely work, HC! *y* Would you kill me if I stole that? :-$

Lovely work, HC! *y* Would you kill me if I stole that? :-$

Not at all thanks for the complement. I always steal a lot of ideas myself :-$

A small note for the Belgians here: The new switch is available and the train station should arrive next week. (at least at intertoys) the switch is 24.99 and the station 39.99

Has anyone done a locomotive done in BNSF's new livery? I might mod one of my 10133's. All I really have to do is switch the dark green out for black and apply the power bar logo, right? After that I could do a ES44AC or SD70ACe in the "weddgie" scheme too.

Like this?

swoosh-11th-0510.jpg

Sounds like an interesting project, LTR. I would have done it myself, but I love the original too much and I only have one.. :-/

God, I regret not buying another one in Billund.. |-/

yah thats the one. I was thinking of doing the ES44AC that chrisvanlottum did on brickshelf in BNSF'S scheme,it looks like a great model. I wish I had more 10133's too,it's a great set. I've got two,one I hope to keep in its original scheme (heritage 1) and re-doing the other into the new scheme (heritage 3) according to how the look after being rebuilt by National Railway Equipment. I start tonight on the GP-38 and then post pics when I finish the ES44AC will take a bricklink order though

Ooooh! *wub* Trains.

I fell in love with trains a couple of years ago and have five now. One of which is a work in progress, which I don't like to show, but here are two of my other trains.

We were talking about the Santa Fe Super Chief. Here is mine:

trains01.jpg

I modded the SF cars to have the same color scheme as the engine.

trains02.jpg

Here is the engine. :-P

trains03.jpg

Originally, I took the silverish bricks out and replaced them with light gray, but when I needed those for a building MOC, I put the silver ones back in since I didn't find any other use for them. I built the sleeping car...

trains04.jpg

the dining car...

trains05.jpg

and the observation car...

trains06.jpg

this is my freight train!

trains07.jpg

I built the refrigerated box car based on Jake McKee's in the LEGO train book, did some mods...

trains08.jpg

and these container stackers from the same book with my mods, 8-wide for example...

trains09.jpg

Haven't gotten around to ordering more container parts from BL...

trains10.jpg

and an overview shot of HinckleyVille which is under massive construction always

You know when you're trying new building techniques and they don't quite work, but you leave it sitting around and a couple of weeks later, you're like "what was I thinking?", well check out what's inside the red circle in that pic...

Hope you enjoy. Great topic LTR! Thanks for starting it...

Ooooh! *wub* Trains.

Ooooh! If I just had so much space like you have! *wub* :-D

Such a big table and so much stuff underneath...

btw.: nice way to add the red and yellow stripes to the Santa Fe waggons! *y*

I think I

I didnt start it, HighlandCastle did but I agree it is a great topic *y*

Oppsy! :-$ Well, thank you LTR for your excellent contributions.

:-) highlandcattle, thanks for starting this topic. I love your bridge by the way, especially how you used the snot blue for the water. Most people go studs up for water and I think the snot technique works beautifully here.

:-P Thanks again!

Well I didnt get to start my N.R.E. rebuilt GP-38 tonight,I had a baseball game I forgot about :-|

It's looking like I won't be able to start it untill next saturday due to marching band camp,its from 8am till 8pm every day this week leaving me with 2 hrs of free time daily :-/

I should really start to focus on rolling stock,I have alot of engines |-/

and an overview shot of HinckleyVille which is under massive construction always

Thanks for the shot of HinckleyVille! It looks like you have the same problem I have; what do I do with that giant 7893 plane! It looks good. X-D When I neaten up Sinnerton I will post some pictures. (I got the new train station and it forced me to rearrage almost everything.)

EDIT: I forgot to mention; you might want to tell that driver to be more careful. What does he think he is doing; driving a train when a Walrus is walking on the tracks. No respect.

Edited by Sinner

EDIT: I forgot to mention; you might want to tell that driver to be more careful. What does he think he is doing; driving a train when a Walrus is walking on the tracks. No respect.

Yes, he needs more respect for the train.. Gee, what was he thinking? If that train hits that fat-slob it will sustain fatal damage.. And trains cost alot. :-| X-D

If that train hits that fat-slob it will sustain fatal damage.. And trains cost alot. :-| X-D

Fat?! I can sit in sub zero (celsius) water and my testicles stay put. You try that and get back to me. X-D

Fat?! I can sit in sub zero (celsius) water and my testicles stay put. You try that and get back to me. X-D

ROFL! I really didn't need that information.. X-D :-X Thanks anyways.. :-P

Huh? What? Oh yeah, trains.. :-$ Chugga chugga.. :-P

I should really start to focus on rolling stock,I have alot of engines |-/

Ain't that the truth. Not counting my Santa Fe Super Chief cars (since they're stock LEGO sets), my locomotives only recently no longer outnumber my rolling stock.

As for me and my future plans, I've got a lot of projects in the que.

I recently aquired a third Santa Fe Super Chief engine set which I plan to rebuild as a 'B' unit (found a 'source' for those 1x2x2 porthole decorated panels in light grey). That'll make my Super Chief 10 'units' long (3 locomotives, 7 wagons).

I also stumbled across someone's design for a streamlined passenger car that I plan to emulate to create two coaches, one tavern/bar coach, and one observation/lounge coach so my streamlined Dreyfuss Hudson will finally have something to pull. I'm not particularly fond of studless building, but because my streamlined Dreyfuss is studless, the wagons will be too, to keep with the theme.

My TSRR #300 needs passenger wagons to pull, too (if I go authentic I'll have to seriously invest in dark red), but I'm putting that on the very back burner.

I have already in Ldraw redesigned my Polar Express passenger wagons and hopefully I'll be able to get some money together to implement the redesign so they look more in proportion to themselves and the locomotive.

I also have two steam engines still in the mental design phase, one small (2-6-0 or 4-6-0, haven't decided) and one very large duplex (4-4-4-4).

And of course I need to build more rolling stock. At the moment I'm looking into some open hoppers and boxcars, as well as some more 'silly' train cars like the ones I posted a week or so ago.

Whew... not sure if I'll ever make it though all that.

--Tony

sounds like your gonna be busy. I wish I would have gotten more santa fe cars to mod,your dome looks nice.I'd like to build a whole city but that will have to wait till I have my own house.The bad thing is Im a freshman in highschool...too long of a wait :-/

Edited by lego trains rule

Rolling stock is always the problem . Luckly now on the US shop@home those MOT passenger cars are on sale for 16 USD that is cheaper the a train baseplate/wheels set in europe, I've ordered two and a set of blue windows. I have some of those blue/yellow train doors lying around.

I miss the My Own Train line. It was such a great idea and it produced two beautiful engines. I wonder if it didn't sell well or why they overhauled it to be RC and went back to sets. :-(

I miss the My Own Train line. It was such a great idea and it produced two beautiful engines. I wonder if it didn't sell well or why they overhauled it to be RC and went back to sets. :-(

Me too, It actually was a picture of the BNSF that dragged me out of my dark age.

I'll go as far as saying that the MoT and the two santa f

Me too, It actually was a picture of the BNSF that dragged me out of my dark age.

I'll go as far as saying that the MoT and the two santa f

*n* me too,I miss being able to treat myself to an affordable set.

there are so many possibitites,trains are one of the most heavily used mode of transportation.

We need a pettition to end the sucky rc line and start 9v agian.

We need a pettition to end the sucky rc line and start 9v agian.

I actually like the RC line, but I am biased as I never bought any of the old and own both of the new. I feel that the RC line is more suitible for smaller set-ups like mine. If they gave the RC trains more torque, even if it meant less speed, I think they would be perfect. As they are they have trouble starting under heavy load and going up hills. (Roughened tracks (like the old ones) might solve that problem however.)

I actually like the RC line, but I am biased as I never bought any of the old and own both of the new. I feel that the RC line is more suitible for smaller set-ups like mine. If they gave the RC trains more torque, even if it meant less speed, I think they would be perfect. As they are they have trouble starting under heavy load and going up hills. (Roughened tracks (like the old ones) might solve that problem however.)

Well, the tracks were the same size and radius and the cars and engine similar in width and height. So if you want better speed control and more power try a 9v...