Sign in to follow this  
Deathleech

The ONE Thing You Want to See from LotR Before it Ends

Right now it doesn't appear we will be getting a 2014 LotR wave and the theme may possibly be done. I am hopeful we will get a wave next year as there is just too much missing. If not though, what would be the ONE thing you want to see come from the LotR theme? This can be anything not done yet.. a minifigure, a structure, a creature (brick built or molded), etc. Basically what is the one thing you would want to see before the line ends?

Personally I think it's a Gondor Soldier for me. A nice Gondor printed torso would all me to make my own Pippin and Faramir in Gondor attire as well as obviously covering the one big faction still missing from the Middle-Earth Lego universe. Eowyn can be created using existing parts and a Balrog/Fel Beast/Mumakil can all be brick built and MOC'd. Really the only major character that can't easily be re-created is the Witch King, though technically we could have him in his normal Nazgul hooded form and we will get his ghost form with the Hobbit wave. I feel like Lego not making a Gondor soldier does not leave us with any easy options to make our own since the white tree print and helm are so unique.

I'm more interested with the dark side so anything concerns the evil fractions to appear in the battle on Palennor fields is in my wish list, Oliphaunt and its rider, Battle trolls, Witch King, Fell beast, Gothmoth, orc's generals ... all of them. I promise if any of these mentioned ones to be produced into official set, I would purchase 25 of each and give to all my colleagues in my office.

Gondor Soldier or Witch King. I think the the Gondor Soldier is even more important because he would be necessary for a lot of MOCs and we don't have anything similar.

Too bad that he already could have been in a set (Black Gate)

Edited by Robert_88

:D just worried this threat would escalate to be an discussion about which one is most necessary or wanted so everyone should just tell the self perspective and preferred ones. :)

:D just worried this threat would escalate to be an discussion about which one is most necessary or wanted so everyone should just tell the self perspective and preferred ones. :)

Every LotR thread ends this way ;)

This thread is about the ONE thing you want most from the LltR line guys, not a wish list of a dozen you want... Lol

but I dont want just one

I don't really care about sets, but a white city one would be nice. Minigs are my main concern though: Witch King, Faramir and Eowyn are a must (assuming that Galadirel will be released in this new The Hobbit wave).

If only one set, it would be: Attack of the Witch King

This set would depict the Witch King on his Fell Beast flying over Minas Tirith. This would mirror the part in the movie where he picks up Gondor soldiers and drops them from a great height. This way, you could have a set with the Witch King, Fell Beast, and Gondor Soldiers all in one. Maybe you would have part of the Minas Tirith walls for placing soldiers.

Yes, that would leave out Eowyn, but she is "MOCable", if that is a word. You could also recreate Farimir as long as you have the White Tree Gondor Soldier torso.

Minas Tirith as a similar-sized set as Helm's Deep. I'd love a large and detailed structure in the same quality as Helm's Deep only with white bricks, which is somewhat unique for a "castle".

They could throw in a Gondor soldier and the Witch King on his fell beast to make some of the above posters happy at the same time.

We need some kind of UCS castle. I don't even care which one.

Helm's Deep wasn't a very satisfying build because it's not a complete structure. (Although it was awesome otherwise.)

An elven shield that actually has the original shape OR a giant eagle that is actually giant.

I vote for the eagle, because new mounts are always a Way to make armies more diverse.

So I will go for Gondor Soldier if there was a good way to army build them but if we are talking about Lego will give you just one thing and you cant get any more then it has to be the Balrog and I still cant work out why this was not the first set they made.

Edited by SMC

We need some kind of UCS castle. I don't even care which one.

Helm's Deep wasn't a very satisfying build because it's not a complete structure. (Although it was awesome otherwise.)

This is exactly my thought. You took every words out of my mouth.

Single most wanted piece would be a Gondor soldier.

Beyond that, I would love Gondor soldiers to come with Minas Tirith, though I would settle for a Minas Tirith gate set, especially because it would mean that a larger volume of Gondor soldiers were accessible.

Gondorian Soldier. There's a severe lack of those.

And if I may choose one set I'd like to see before it ends... anything big that has to do with Gondor with more than enough possibilities for new figures.

For example, Minas Tirith... with Gothmog, 2 new Morannon orc soldiers, 2 Gondorian soldiers, Faramir (ranger outfit), dark tan troll (Olog-hai with helmet), Pippin in Gondor outfit, Dernhelm (Éowyn),

and the Witch-king of Angmar, perhaps atop of his Fell Beast... possible extra figures may include another Gondorian soldier (or citadel guard)

and/or a Haradrim soldier and/or another orc leader and/or Denethor.

Edited by General Magma

I'm with the masses and answer a Gondorian soldier. If the one thing could be a whole set, it would be (related to the forementioned soldier) The Gates of Minas Tirith. If the one thing could only be a piece, it would be a Gondorian shield.