Piranha

Ideas For new sets(Wild West)

Sadly I missed out on Western the first time it came around. They were released before I had a full-time job and could buy whatever I wanted, but after I was young enough to badger my parents to buy stuff for me.

Looking through the range now, it looks like I missed out on some really great sets! I'd defnitely consider buying them if they revisited the range and the sets were good enough. Here's a wish list of things that would impress me:

* Instead of just having blue coats, there could be blue AND grey coats, with some good army-building packs. They wouldn't be identified as the Confederacy and the Union in the same way the the soldiers in Indiana Jones aren't identified as Nazis, but it would quite obviously represent them.

* Steam trains. A passenger carriage, a mail carriage (including the soldier's pay for bandits to steal) and a carriage transporting artillery. Maybe one with horses.

* A gorgeous paddle steamer. If they do an Exclusive for this range (and they seem to do at least one for every traditional range these days), I'd like to see either a paddle steamer or a nice train. (Except they've already done Emerald Night, so a steamer would be more novel)

* Detailed buildings with removable floors and proper walls. Not like some of the city sets where the walls are represented by a couple of pillars.

* Civilians. If the range is populated entirely by soldiers, bandits, law-makers and Indians, then I lose interest. Contrary to what Lego thinks, it can actually be quite fun to play as the civilians. To fend off bandits and Indian raids, to find yourself caught in a skirmish between battling armies... much more fun than plain old Good Guys Versus Bad Guys. The same applies to Castle, City and Pirates. (Space is trickier, since it's harder to justify civilians travelling around in expensive space ships. Most science fiction stories involve explorers or fighters, not civilians)

Edited by David Thomsen

Thanks, K-D, for putting up the petition and working so hard to get WW back!

I only have Sheriffs Lockup from the theme but had great fun with it. I though about getting Legorado Fort a couple of times, and even a highly expensive misb Gold City Junction, but never got them. Though I had some problems with the 96/97 theme and I hope - if we ever get new one - these will be solved.

Minifigs:

- more diversity

- more serious, not that hilarious, not such ugly faces for the baddies

- detailed torsos with shirts, jackets in black, brown, tan, dark blue - no hilarious red, green colours

- ponchos

- use of the fedora hat

- more civilians

- girls, girls, girls

vehicles:

- stagecoach

- carriages

buildings:

- saloon with a few bedrooms on 1st floor (could be the Endor Bunker of WW)

All in all way more detail than 96/97 - and way better than 2009 pirates please. Give us lovely figs, detailed buildings and vehicles and I am in, TLC!

Edited by Zzz

Indian Pursuit! - $5.99 - 46 pieces

Western Outlaw Evil Bill is personally chasing brave indian, Bold Bobcat, through the desert on his horse to steal the exquisite headdress once worn by the Indian gods. However, Johnny is also hot in pursuit of Evil Bill - who will win - will Evil Bill manage to retrieve the headdress with his lasso, or will Johnny gallop to the rescue and return the indian headdress to Bold Bobcat?

Includes Evil Bill with horse, Johnny the horse, Bold Bobcat, and tumbleweed.

(This is supposed to be in the style of SP III's Squidman set, Bold Bobcat would supposedly run really quickly. :grin: )

(Johnny is supposed to be the Western hero's horse - they always have smart, talented ones, right? :tongue: )

* A gorgeous paddle steamer. If they do an Exclusive for this range (and they seem to do at least one for every traditional range these days), I'd like to see either a paddle steamer or a nice train. (Except they've already done Emerald Night, so a steamer would be more novel)

Thats a great idea, I've always loved the look of the American paddle steamers, but which type would you prefer stern wheel or side wheel?

Thats a great idea, I've always loved the look of the American paddle steamers, but which type would you prefer stern wheel or side wheel?

Side wheel, just because I think it looks more elegant that way. I think done properly it could be one of the best looking sets ever.

So guys. I'm not saying we will definately have some new western sets, but it would be nice to see what people would like. Maybe someone could send the ideas off to the lego company themselves!

I would like a nearly ghost town with

a banker

3 union soldiers

A union leutenant

2 or 3 confederate soldiers

A confederate Colonal

A deserted jail

a bank

a small saloon

a cactus

a husk

please reply to this as it would be interesting to see. :wink:

So guys. I'm not saying we will definately have some new western sets, but it would be nice to see what people would like. Maybe someone could send the ideas off to the lego company themselves!

This is a repeat topic. I've merged it with a previous thread.

TheBrickster and I already wrote a report which CopMike handed to Lego. You can read it here.

And I already opened a petition for the comeback of the great Western theme - you can find it here. :wink:

I would like a nearly ghost town with

a banker

3 union soldiers

A union leutenant

2 or 3 confederate soldiers

A confederate Colonal

A deserted jail

a bank

a small saloon

a cactus

a husk

Why do you want these minifigs to be included in a ghost town? I mean: US and CS soldiers don't really fit there - they fit much more in a "regular" Western theme.

Otherwise I totally agree with you that it would be great to get all these minifigs and to get a ghost town!

Klaus-Dieter

After a long time here's now another idea for a small set:

Bandit's Secret Arsenal (10 Euros)

The sheriff follows on his horse the bandit to his secret arsenal. Will the sheriff find out where the bandit is hiding his weaponry? And will he be aible to arrest him? It lays in your hand!

a small brick-built tree with a hole inside it to hide something

including a brown horse, a brown box, three guns, four revolvers, a bottle and an oil lamp

minifigures: bandit, sheriff

What do you think?

On a side note:

The new bottles form the Pirates of the Caribbean theme would fit very well as bottles for a saloon, don't you agree?

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

On a side note:

The new bottles form the Pirates of the Caribbean theme would fit very well as bottles for a saloon, don't you agree?

Klaus-Dieter

I'm hanging out for those bottles to put in the Saloon of "El Bricko". We plan to show "El Bricko" bigger and better at two more shows yet !!

Dr Rod

I have a feeling that if the wild west theme is brought back it will be more in the light of a pioneering theme than of a stereotypical movie. Last time it revolved greatly around well established movie scenes like bank robberies, pursuits and shootouts rather than focusing on pioneering life.

In the model of the Kingdoms theme there could be civilian sets of life on the frontier; think about it:

1) Ranch with Buffalo and Cattle

2) Saloon with food and drink

3) General Store

4) Stage Coach

5)Steam Train

I just hope it's a realistic one, not like a steam-punk version of the wild west where zombie natives are taking over and cowboys with brass revolvers have to defend the territory. :laugh: (On second thought...)

There are a lot of great ideas here. I think my personal favorite is the snake oil salesman (I keep picturing the tar and feather scene from Little Big Man). TLG could do a lot with a concept like that.

After a long time here's now another idea for a small set:

Bandit's Secret Arsenal (10 Euros)

The sheriff follows on his horse the bandit to his secret arsenal. Will the sheriff find out where the bandit is hiding his weaponry? And will he be aible to arrest him? It lays in your hand!

a small brick-built tree with a hole inside it to hide something

including a brown horse, a brown box, three guns, four revolvers, a bottle and an oil lamp

minifigures: bandit, sheriff

What do you think?

On a side note:

Klaus-Dieter

Hey KD, yes the new POTC bottles would be of great use in a WW theme! As well the new gold bars! And not to mention the scabbard for the Colonel or other Union Officers.

Hey KD, yes the new POTC bottles would be of great use in a WW theme! As well the new gold bars! And not to mention the scabbard for the Colonel or other Union Officers.

I bought some of the bottles for my El Bricko saloon, great part!! And yes the scabbard for officers too.

Oleg

I would love to see this theme revived. I would buy these 2 sets if they came out a saloon and a stagecoach. I don't mean a small saloon either I mean a big $100 dollar one with 8-11 minifigs. I also agree with what someone before me said that a lot of the new stuff from PoTC would be useful in a new western theme.

Edited by mobricki

Yep, here's an idea a western town plan including a general store, barbershop, jail, saloon, bank or yeah....undertaker for the losers of gun battles ! :devil_laugh:

A few ideas:

I'd love to see a northern California-esque gold panning operation set. Three hermit-like cowboys holding Marian Ravenwood's black pan up in the hill with aqueducts running out of a stream through the hills and trees, with a horse or two tied to a nice little shanty off to the side. But wait, is that a bandit we see sneaking in to steal their gold????

A small, almost impulse set featuring a pony express rider, racing through a gulch or desert scene and/or possibly being chased by banditos!! Will he make it to town with all of the letters?? Only you can decide!!

One other idea-- if they ever relaunched the Wild West theme, I'd love to see them do a 'money bag' piece that clipped right into the fig's hand, and gave the impression that they were holding a very heavy bag of money! Certainly would become a vital play-piece for any set, right?

Edited by Mr. Elijah Timms

Starter Sets are a very well sold type of sets today because they offer four minifigs and a lot of accessory for a good price. So after a long time and to reanimate this topic, here are two new ideas:

Indians Starter Set (10 Euros)

- small waterfall

- green bush

- brown horse

- minifigs: chief, medicine man, two warriors

- accessory: black saddle, lances, tomahawks, two bucklers, colorful bird

Goodies Vs Badies Starter Set (10 Euros)

- green, brick-built cactus

- brick-built signpost

- black horse

- minifigs: sheriff, sheriff's debuty, bandit, bandits' boss

- accessory: brown saddle, revolvers, guns, "wanted"-paper, vulture

What do you think?

Klaus-Dieter

A modern " sheriffs lockup" would be nice. Especially if TLG re-introduced those old horse moulds. As David Thomsen said, I would love a large and realistic bandit steam train.

On 19.10.2016 at 7:41 PM, The lego fan said:

A modern " sheriffs lockup" would be nice. Especially if TLG re-introduced those old horse moulds.

I totally agree in the Sheriff's Lockup, The lego fan!

But that TLG will re-introduce the old horse moulds is absolutely unrealistic since otherwise they wouldn't have designed the new, more realistic looking and more playable ones.

Klaus-Dieter

8 hours ago, Klaus-Dieter said:

I totally agree in the Sheriff's Lockup, The lego fan!

But that TLG will re-introduce the old horse moulds is absolutely unrealistic since otherwise they wouldn't have designed the new, more realistic looking and more playable ones.

Klaus-Dieter

Thanks for agreeing with me on the sherrifs lockup.

I didn't realise TLG already introduced a new horse mould and I will check this out ASAP.?