brickbuilder711

MOC: Starbucks and Espresso Machine

Yes, I'm a coffee-holic... and I really like Starbucks.

I built several versions over the years... The 2010 one is the most successful and standing... and it got a facelift.

But before I reveal that one I want to share the video of one of the most intricate and time consuming mini builds... the Mastrena espresso machine!

It's a replica of two small machines... They're automatic tamp and grind... and make good espresso. And yes, lots of us play with the steam wands from time to time... my barista friends did a Harlem Shake with the thing steaming once... but never recorded it lol.

PART II will be the video reveal of the Starbucks itself.

12168196666_e770334cdd_c.jpg

Edited by brickbuilder711

Very espresso machine! Veryrealistic. Can you put the links to the build and the Starbucks in the thread? I can't seem to get them to work from the video in the post... Thanks,

Andy D

Edited by Andy D

Very espresso machine! Veryrealistic. Can you put the links to the build and the Starbucks in the thread? I can't seem to get them to work from the video in the post... Thanks,

Andy D

Thanks!

Well, they're not up yet... but will be very soon! I'll embed them once posted.

Excellent and realistic looking coffee machine 'brickbuilder711'.......Brick On while drinking coffee 'brickbuilder711' ! :grin:

As a Starbucks barista, I have to say you've captured the look of the Mastrena beautifully. In my early barista days (before my disillusionment with the company set in), I tried to make one, and yours looks much better. I love the hoppers--very simple, but very effective. The detail is fantastic, and the overall build is instantly recognizable.

Thanks again!

The video is on its way for the CoffeeHouse itself... Here's a pic. I have several up on my Flickr, but don't want to spoil it all out so no peeking ;)

12167548525_fe7d76c66d_c.jpg