Sign in to follow this  
Bricksandparts

Heroica RPG - Quest #95: Missing Wares

Title_zpsd9eb6daf.png

Three heroes leave the hall to head to Luosh, a settlement that two of them had already been to before. The Heroes were...

7932686900_57081d2403_t.jpg

Romulus Dean (TheBoyWonder)

Level 23 Raider *Natural Respite* *Immune to Fragile* *Gains 150% gold*

Power:
(L23+W15
)

Power Bonus:

Defense:
(5+3)

Health:
38/38
(7+23+7+1)

Gold:
(30 to Loreal)

Equipment:
Combrys (WP:16
Dark
Wind
Fire
and
Ice
; successful strikes raise WP by 1, unsuccessful strikes and the end of battle drop WP back to base value; greatsword),
Heavy Armour (SP:5; protects from Fragile; bodywear), Gladiator Helmet (SP:3; headwear)
Sticky Gloves (Increases the amount of gold stolen by 50% (rounded up))

Inventory:
Dawnbreaker (WP:16
Light
Lightning
Water
Wood
and
Earth
; greatsword),
Gladiator Trident (WP:11, causes bleeding; spear),
Staff of Frog Paladin (WP:6, grants Amphibianoc's Blessing; staff), Sylvania's Cowl (grants Animal Talk; headwear), 6 Potions, Grand Potion, Health Core, 2 Remedies, Phoenix Essence, 1 Smelling Salts, 2 Nostrums, 2 Venoms, Lightning Bomb, Bedroll

heroica_2.jpg

Alexander Vandangant (Wedge09)

Level 21.66 Hunter *Hunting none & none*

Power: 33 (L21+ W12)

Power Bonus: 2 (With bow/crossbow)

Defense: 5 (2 + 3)

Health: 34/34 (6 + 20 + 6 + 2)

Gold: 115

Equipment: Fauxthril Crossbow (WP: 10, darkness-, ice-elemental, Hollow Blade upgraded [nothing stored]), Chevalier of Charis armor- (Artifact, bodywear) (Maximum health +2, SP: 2), Tricorne (SP: 3), Hunter's Qiver (WP: +2 to bows and crossbows, allows the hunter to favour two types at the same time)

Inventory: Delfrin Crossbow (WP: 7)

Duplovian Helmets of the Guard (SP: 2, Immune to Magic and Healing), Sterile Gloves (Immune to Poisoned and Bleeding; handwear),

Grand Potion (3), Potions (2), Remedies (2), Tonic, Venoms (6), Nostrum Smoke Bomb (2), Dirt Bomb, Ice Bomb, Holy Bomb, Fire Bomb (2), Military Grade Fire Bomb, Lightning Bob, Elven Bomb, First Aid Kit (Consumable), Meads (3), Smelling Salt (2), Mithril Shard (1/4 of a piece of Mithril), Big Apple, Bones (6), Skeleton Decoy

Bedroll, Shovel, Telescope, Magic Compass

QM guide (Ignore)

Mizuki_Fancy_Ava2.jpg

Mizuki Kimura (zakura)

Level 20.33 Assassin *Gains 150% gold* *Death mask*

Power Bonus: 0

Health: 33/33

Gold: 0

Equipment:Dual Gladii (WP:12, Darkness and Light elemental dual-wield), Sticky Gloves (Increases the amount of gold stolen by 50% (rounded up)), Death Mask( Increases assassination chances to 1/3 when the target’s health is lowered to 1/3)

Inventory: Top Hat (WP: 14. 50% Stun chance, retrievable) Fleurut(WP9), 20 venoms, 1 Neptune Bomb, Sylph Shuriken (WP:12, wind elemental, retrievable), 7 Nostrums, Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Telescope, Magic Compass, Magnifying Glass, 1xRito Feather (consumable, grants the hastened- and blessed-effects upon use for one battle), Gladiator Trident (WP:11, causes bleeding effect. spear)

QM guide (Ignore)

Outside of the city, the heroes are met with a wagon with their employer, Hal, head of the Luosh city guard.

Scenery11_zps2de0b889.png

Hal1_zpsfa249767.png"Greetings heroes! We should start traveling to Luosh as soon as possible, I can answer questions on the way there."

QM Note: Please confirm you will be participating within 24 hours and check your stats. Hope you enjoy the quest!

Edited by Bricksandparts

"Greeting, master." says Alexander to Hal, "When the others are ready, I'm ready." then he digs with his shovel in the gound.

To QM: Stats are fine. :classic:

To QM- I should only have 30 Gold, no silver ore. I should also have 2 nostrums.

Romulus equips the sticky gloves.

"Hal, my old friend, how are you?"

"Umm, hello good sir........" Mizuki says as she rummages through her bag, making sure she brought all her things.

OOC:Stats are good.

Hal1_zpsfa249767.png"Good to hear." Hal says, looking strangely at Alexander digging near an old fire-pit.

Alexander finds:

Charcoal_zpsd6313e63.pngCharcoal - Worth 10 gold at a Smith.

Hal1_zpsfa249767.png"Things have been fairly ok in Luosh, although I've been sick *cough* lately.

Shall we leave? Oh, I almost forgot. I have not decided who to assign party leader. I think that you all should decide who is the best sleuth so that *cough* we have a chance at catching these criminals."

Edited by Bricksandparts

"If your'e sick, you should find some time to rest soon. No one would want that cough to turn into something nastier."

"Oh umm sorry about the proggs........It's sort of me and one of my former party's fault........."

"I don't know how much of it was 'your fault' though. If anything, you didn't bring the Proggs here, and probably didn't initiate the invasion. Anyways, we should really get going, it'll be getting dark soon."

Hal1_zpsfa249767.png"I suppose we are all ready to leave then?"

The party enters the wagon, ready to hear more about the quest. Once the journey begins, Hal continues.

Hal1_zpsfa249767.png"It started 11 days ago, or I suppose I should say nights. Anyways, there have been numerous break-ins around Luosh lately. The robbers are mainly stealing valuables and coin, ruining Luosh's already suffering economy. We have caught the robbers twice, but our efforts to arrest them have been.. futile. The thieves have been sneaking into stores around midnight; that's where you come in. We need you to catch them in the act, then bring them to us, and if possible, find out who they are working for. If you have any questions, now is a good time to ask."

Edited by Bricksandparts

"How large is Luosh right now ? The last time I was here....we only stopped at Ayla's bank. Also do you have enough men to set up some sort of a guard to watch over at least the majority of the commercial district ?"

"Luosh is rather large. It was one hell of a night clearing it." Romulus chuckles before continuing. "I say Mizuki be the party leader. An Assassin is probably far calmer than a werewolf raider, and an elvish hunter."

He takes the charcoal then when they are inside "Any possible suspect?" ask Alexander after hearing Hal.

Note: Sorry to be so low in presence but real life is against me right now, please don't choose me as a party leader I wish I could but I'm not sufficiently here to be good as party leader.

Edited by Wedge09

QM Note: That should be fine Wedge09, I'm not sure how quick the quest will move along anyways :laugh:

Hal1_zpsfa249767.png"Luosh is rather large, but the break-ins have been in the same general area. If our guards see them, they should shout to get your attention. The main problem we have right now is catching them. I'd try myself, but I think it's out of my league. I'm more of a slash and bash kind of guy.

So Mizuki shall be leader, I believe she's fit for the job.

Any other questions?"

Edited by Bricksandparts

"Can I have a list of all the stores robbed ? Also are there any characteristics shared by the stores such as owned by the same person or supplied by the same people ?"

"We have a city map at the guard district, so I can show the stores robbed when we get to Luosh. But no, there doesn't seem to be any correlation between the owners robbed or their suppliers."

"I too am a bit of a slash and bash guy."

Romulus stands there in his human form, taking everything around him in.

Mizuki pulls out a flask of tea and starts drinking, hoping the trip would be rather quick.

The conversation seems to die down, and the heroes observe the sights out of the wagon. A few hours later, they see Luosh approaching.

Hal1_zpsfa249767.png"Looks like we're here. It's around nine, so we need to hurry."

Scenery22_zps99372039.png

Hal leads the party to the City guard district. As Romulus follows, he notices multiple new buildings and reconstruction after the invasion. When Hal reaches the building, he walks inside and returns moments later with a map of the city.

MapLuosh11_zpsd6468e11.png

* Each square on the grid represents 8 feet by 8 feet (8 bricks by 8 bricks)

* H# are houses

* A# are apartments

* C# are building construction sites

Hal1_zpsfa249767.png"We are at the city guard district right now. The robbers have been striking to the south, mainly in different merchant shops." Hal says, pointing to the three merchant shop buildings. "These three buildings are collectively owned, so there are many shop owners in each of the buildings. That's probably where you should look for them."

Edited by Bricksandparts

"I'd say we should probably stake out the area. Is it possible to acess the roof of the community warehouse ?"

"I think it's a good idea to visit the shops. Hal, there is any person with enough interests in economiy and/or politics who could want to ruin the shops and then enstablished his shops or something like that?"