Sign in to follow this  
Bricksandparts

Heroica RPG - Quest #95: Missing Wares

"Hey, there's the possibility that you were hired to kill the populace in a discreet manner." Spinning her dual gladii, Mizuki said to the man "Give us the documents, and I swear to the gods above, I'll let you go."

With a look of distrust, Quinton responds, moving to the front of the carriage. "It's code-name Cobra, you'll find it in those documents." He says, referring to a chest in the carriage. The party is distracted for a moment, looking through the chest for the documents, and when they look back, both Quinton and the guard driving the carriage are nowhere in sight, the two horses missing as well.

Looking through the documents, Mizuki finds that it appears the cure would be from a combination of the Themor Potion type A and C. After examining it earlier, she realizes the potion apparatus would be able to do this.

"Try this out, and let's get the people healed." Benji barks at Mizuki, annoyed that Quinton got away with his dastardly deeds.

QM Note: I'll be moving onto the party returning to Luosh for any shopping there and the completion of the quest sometime tomorrow unless the party has anything else they would like to do before then.

Party:

Mizuki_Fancy_Ava2.jpg

Mizuki Kimura (zakura) *Party Leader*

Level 23 Assassin *1.5 multiplier gold gain* *Death mask* *Hastened*

Power Bonus: 0

Defense: 0

Health: 5/25 33

Gold: 568

Equipment: Dual Gladii (WP:12, Darkness and Light elemental, dual-strike), Sticky Gloves (Increases the amount of gold stolen by 50% (rounded up)), Death Mask(Increases assassination chances to 1/3 when the target’s health is lowered to 1/3), Quickdraw quiver (*Hastened*)

Inventory: Top Hat (WP: 14, 50% Stun chance, retrievable), Fox Tail (user not affected by opponent's positive effects), Orcish Shield (SP:4, double if user is a greenskin), Fleurut(WP9), 20 venoms, Sylph Shuriken (WP:12, Wind elemental, retrievable), 2 Nostrums, Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Telescope, Magic Compass, Magnifying Glass, 1 Think Jeeax Scales, 1 Rito Feather (consumable, grants the hastened- and blessed-effects upon use for one battle), Gladiator Trident (WP:11, causes bleeding effect; spear), Tonic, 3 Potions, 1 Weak Potion 1 Fire bomb, 2 chicken drumsticks, 2 Elixirs, 2 deadly venoms, Neutralizer, Weak Regeneration Potion

QM guide (Ignore)

7932686900_57081d2403_t.jpg

Romulus Dean (TheBoyWonder)

Level 25.33 Raider *Natural Respite* *Immune to Fragile* *1.5 multiplier gold gain*

Defense: 8 (5+3)

Health: 28/32 38 (7+23+7+1)

Gold: 776 (30 to Loreal)

Equipment: Combrys (WP:17/16, Darkness, Wind, Fire and Ice; successful strikes raise WP by 1, unsuccessful strikes and the end of battle drop WP back to base value; greatsword), Heavy Armour (SP:5; protects from Fragile; bodywear), Gladiator Helmet (SP:3; headwear), Sticky Gloves (Increases the amount of gold stolen by 50% (rounded up))

Inventory: Dawnbreaker (WP:16, Light, Lightning, Water, Wood and Earth; greatsword), Gladiator Trident (WP:11, causes bleeding effect; spear), Staff of Frog Paladin (WP:6, grants Amphibianoc's Blessing; staff), Sylvania's Cowl (grants Animal Talk; headwear), 1 weak potion, 8 Potions, 3 Grand Potion, Regeneration Potion, Health Core, 2 Remedies, Phoenix Essence, 2 Nostrums, 2 Venoms, Bedroll, mead, 5 Weak Regeneration Potions, Soma, Strong Mead, Scrap Metal

QM guide (Ignore)

9173297646_e66d93ed81_o.jpg

Benji Carvenhall, the Dragonslayer and the Champion of the Northern Kingdoms

29 year old half-elf

Level 42.4 Beast Warrior *Natural Respite* *Gains Triple XP* *Immune to Asleep, Blinded, Confused, Fragile, and Weakened Effects* *Immune to Ice and Water**Overkill Gloves*

Defense: 12 (6+3+3)

Health: 51/51 67 (6+40+15+6)

Gold: 811

Equipment: Meduiak (Precision Bow; WP:18; AIM's become HIT's; darkness-, ice-, fire-, wind- elemental), Medal of Glory (accessory, mark of true talent that allows the wearer to gain triple experience from battles, immunity to asleep, blinded, confused, fragile, and weakened effects), Overkill Gloves [borrowed from Galen] (handwear, +1 gold for every point of damage done extra when defeating an enemy), Scaly Skin of the Allanoid (SP:6, backwear, suitable for Ranger and Barbarian Oriented Classes and Beast Warriors), Nordic Stomach Guard (SP: 3, Bodywear, Immunity to Ice and Water, Suitable for Barbarians, Beast Warriors and Regulators), Tricorne (headwear, SP:3)

Inventory: Crossbow of the Pongcanis (WP:16; earth-, wood-, water-, lightning-, light- elemental), Brown Dragon Girdle (bodywear, power +3; immunity to wood; suitable to rangers, rogues, alchemists and beast warriors), Ratmancer's Cowl (headgear, the wearer's physical attacks deal double damage against vermin), Trickster's Mask of the Gender Swap (artefact, accessory), Puglist's Gloves (Handwear, +2 Power, Immune to Weakened Effect), Sterile Gloves (Handwear, Immune to poisoned- and bleeding–effects), Winged Sandals (Immune to bound- and slowed-effects), Snake Eye Charm (Immune to petrified-effect), Health Core (4), Grand Potion (9), Potion (3), Remedy (7), Phoenix Essence (4), Dragon Scales (3), Nostrum (4), Smelling Salts (3), Mead (3), Flame-Distilled Brandy (4), Mulled Wine (3), Venom, Smoke Bomb (3), Soma, Chaotic Bomb, Cosmic Essence, Skeleton Decoy, Lightning Bomb, Fire Bomb (2), Water Bomb, Bone, Magic Compass, Pickaxe, Bedroll, Shovel, Equilibrium Tonic, Scrap Metal

QM guide (Ignore) (2)

The party travels back to Luosh, noticing that the sickness had clearly spread. It seems the cough Hal had was most likely caused by the epidemic. Before delivering the antidote to Hal, the party decides to quickly do any last-minute shopping.

Scenery81_zps996aec90.png

Nasir's Groceries:

LuoshBread_zps7b5df05b.png Luosh Bread (+1 maximum HP for 1 battle.), 2 gold

LuoshHoneyloaf_zps7d7b6ad0.png Luosh Honeyloaf (+1 maximum HP for 2 battles.), 3 gold

LuoshDrumstick_zps7599caa8.png Luosh Drumstick (+3 maximum HP for 1 battle.), 4 gold

rGbaQ.jpg Trial Brew (Halves the drinkers max HP, max ether, and max SP for the duration of one battle. These effects are irremediable. Surviving a battle without getting knocked out in this state nets you double EXP. Being revived after being knocked-out removes these effects.), 50 gold

heroica-mead.jpgMead (Causes the encouraged-effect, doubling the target's attack power for the duration of one battle.), 15 gold

heroica-ambrosia.jpgAmbrosia (Causes the reinforced-effect, double the target's defense for the duration of one battle.), 70 gold

heroica-mulledwine.jpgMulled Wine (Causes the inspired-effect, doubling the target's current and maximum health for the duration of one battle.), 60 gold

Robert the Potions-master:

heroica-phoenixessence.jpg Phoenix Essence (Revives a fallen ally with full health during a battle.), 45 gold

WeakPotion_zpsab68ccf9.pngWeak Potion (Restores 5 health to the target.), 2 gold or 15 gold for 10

heroica-potion.jpg Potion (Restores 10 health to the target.), 5 gold

heroica-grandpotion.jpg Grand Potion (Restores 25 health to the target.), 10 gold

GreaterPotion_zps6443aeba.png Greater Potion (Restores 50 health to the target.), 20 gold

WeakTonic_zpsf150e1a9.png Weak Tonic (Restores 3 ether to the target.), 8 gold or 60 gold for 10

heroica-tonic.jpg Tonic (Restores 5 ether to the target.), 15 gold

heroica-grandtonic.jpg Grand Tonic (Restores 15 ether to the target.), 30 gold

GreaterTonic_zpseb8e62dc.png Greater Tonic (Restores 30 ether to the target.), 60 gold

WeakRegenerationPotion_zpse781a3b6.pngWeak Regeneration Potion (Has a 1/3 chance to restore 1 health after each round to the target, does not stack with more weak, normal, grand, or greater regeneration potions.), 15 gold

RegenerationPotion_zps334eb4ca.png Regeneration Potion (Has a 2/3 chance to restore 1 health after each round to the target, does not stack with more weak, normal, grand, or greater regeneration potions.), 30 gold

GrandRegenerationPotion_zps84cb209c.png Grand Regeneration Potion (Has a 2/3 chance to restore 1 health twice each round to the target, does not stack with more weak, normal, grand, or greater regeneration potions.), 60 gold

Absturg's Random Wares:

heroica-venom.jpgVenom (Use on a weapon to make it cause the poisoned by 1-effect on any enemy it hits for the duration of one battle, making the poisoned enemy lose 1 health each turn. Several venoms can be used to increase the effect.), 3 gold *3 stock*

heroica-smokebomb.jpg Smoke Bomb (Allows the party to escape the battle.), 3 gold *6 stock*

heroica-floralbomb.jpg Floral Bomb (Causes 5 points of water-elemental damage to all enemies.), 7 gold, *1 stock*

8004588619_5e7f29e7a9_t.jpg Noxious Venom - Use on a weapon to make it cause the the *poisoned-by-10* and *confused*-effects on any enemy it hits for the duration of one battle. 60 gold *1 stock*

heroica-remedy.jpg Orc Remedy – Removes all negative effects from the target during a battle but at the cost of 2 Health. 7 gold *2 stock*

heroica-tastypretzel_zpsee7c798d.jpg Tasty Pretzel - 1/3 chance each of granting Lucky, Hastened and Encouraged-effects upon consumption for the duration of one battle. 100 gold *1 stock*

heroica-trendyhandbag.jpg Trendy Handbag (Protects from whichever negative effect was last inflicted in battle to someone else.), 100 gold, *1 stock*

thmb_mask_elf.jpgTrickster's Mask of the Elf - (suitable for anyone, changes the wearer into an elf of the same gender when worn, accessory), 40 gold *1 stock*

heroica-loadeddice.jpgLoaded Die - (suitable for anyone, permanent lucky-effect to the owner, accessory), must win "Are you lucky enough?" *1 stock*

Are you lucky enough?

*10 gold to play.

*The hero must pass 4 rounds to win.

*If the hero rolls a 1,2, or 3, they lose the game.

*If the hero rolls a 4 or 5, they get to roll again without proceeding further.

*If the hero rolls 4 or 5 twice, they lose, but get 5 gold back.

When the heroes are finished shopping, they can return to Hal for their reward and return to the hall.

Benji purchases the Trickster's Mask, 3 phoenix essences and 3 greater potions. He also decides to spend 10 gold to play for the loaded die.

Edited by Flare

QM Note: I'll update stats when all shopping is done. I can roll multiple games if you want. It'll probably take a few if you aim to get the die :tongue:, but it could be worth it... Or you might lose all your money :laugh:

Benji plays the game, losing all 10 gold. Will he play again?

OOC:Screw it, I'm game.

Mizuki plays the game 56 times unless she wins the dice, in which case she stops.

Edited by Zakura

Benji rolls three more times if Mizuki loses after 56 times :laugh:

QM Note: Gambling doesn't always pay, but sometimes it does. I hope the die is worth it! :sweet: Although I will say in the grand scheme of things you actually got pretty lucky on how many times it took to win. I guess that's why that's the name of the game :tongue:.

Mizuki:

1 -10

2 -10

3 -10

4 -5

5 -5

6 -10

7 -10

8 -10

9 -10 (this game was really close, it got 3 sixes and then a 1 :cry_sad:)

10 -10

11 -10

12 -10

13 -10

14 -10

15 -10

16 -5

17 -10

18 -10

19 -5

20 -5

21 -10

22 -10

23 -10

24 -10

25 -10

26 -10

27 -10

28 -10

29 -10

30 -5

31 -10

32 -10

33 -10

34 -10

35 -10

36 -10

37 -10

38 -10

39 -10

40 WIN (and -10 :laugh:)

-370 gold in total

Will the party do any more shopping or will they return to Hal?

"Yeah.....guess I got lucky......." Mizuki said as she pocketed the dice. "Won't stop me from buying nostrums in the store though. Anyway, let's head back to Hal and see if we can get this town cured."

QM Note: I don't think anyone will mind if I just speak for the party, and they can say anything else if they want after.

The party Returns to Hal quickly, passing groups of coughing citizens on the way.

Hal1_zpsfa249767.png "So what did you find out?"

The party explains that the break-ins had been a decoy, the purpose being to infect the city. They give him the vials of antidote, explaining that it needed to be used to cure the infected citizens.

Hal1_zpsfa249767.png "Excellent work, This went farther than I'd expected, and you wrapped it up pretty good." Each party member gains 100 gold and a full level of experience. "So, who was behind this anyways?"

Party:

Mizuki_Fancy_Ava2.jpg

Mizuki Kimura (zakura) *Party Leader*

Level 24 Assassin *1.5 multiplier gold gain* *Death mask* *Hastened*

Defense: 0

Health: 34/34

Gold: 298

Equipment: Dual Gladii (WP:12, Darkness and Light elemental, dual-strike), Sticky Gloves (Increases the amount of gold stolen by 50% (rounded up)), Death Mask(Increases assassination chances to 1/3 when the target’s health is lowered to 1/3), Quickdraw quiver (*Hastened*)

Inventory: Loaded Die, Top Hat (WP: 14, 50% Stun chance, retrievable), Fox Tail (user not affected by opponent's positive effects), Orcish Shield (SP:4, double if user is a greenskin), Fleurut(WP9), 20 venoms, Sylph Shuriken (WP:12, Wind elemental, retrievable), 2 Nostrums, Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Telescope, Magic Compass, Magnifying Glass, 1 Think Jeeax Scales, 1 Rito Feather (consumable, grants the hastened- and blessed-effects upon use for one battle), Gladiator Trident (WP:11, causes bleeding effect; spear), Tonic, 3 Potions, 1 Weak Potion 1 Fire bomb, 2 chicken drumsticks, 2 Elixirs, 2 deadly venoms, Neutralizer, Weak Regeneration Potion

QM guide (Ignore)

7932686900_57081d2403_t.jpg

Romulus Dean (TheBoyWonder)

Level 26.33 Raider *Natural Respite* *Immune to Fragile* *1.5 multiplier gold gain*

Defense: 8 (5+3)

Health: 39/39 (7+23+7+1)

Gold: 876 (30 to Loreal)

Equipment: Combrys (WP:17/16, Darkness, Wind, Fire and Ice; successful strikes raise WP by 1, unsuccessful strikes and the end of battle drop WP back to base value; greatsword), Heavy Armour (SP:5; protects from Fragile; bodywear), Gladiator Helmet (SP:3; headwear), Sticky Gloves (Increases the amount of gold stolen by 50% (rounded up))

Inventory: Dawnbreaker (WP:16, Light, Lightning, Water, Wood and Earth; greatsword), Gladiator Trident (WP:11, causes bleeding effect; spear), Staff of Frog Paladin (WP:6, grants Amphibianoc's Blessing; staff), Sylvania's Cowl (grants Animal Talk; headwear), 1 weak potion, 8 Potions, 3 Grand Potion, Regeneration Potion, Health Core, 2 Remedies, Phoenix Essence, 2 Nostrums, 2 Venoms, Bedroll, mead, 5 Weak Regeneration Potions, Soma, Strong Mead, Scrap Metal

QM guide (Ignore)

9173297646_e66d93ed81_o.jpg

Benji Carvenhall, the Dragonslayer and the Champion of the Northern Kingdoms

29 year old half-elf

Level 43.4 Beast Warrior *Natural Respite* *Gains Triple XP* *Immune to Asleep, Blinded, Confused, Fragile, and Weakened Effects* *Immune to Ice and Water**Overkill Gloves*

Defense: 12 (6+3+3)

Health: 68/68 (6+40+15+6)

Gold: 676

Equipment: Meduiak (Precision Bow; WP:18; AIM's become HIT's; darkness-, ice-, fire-, wind- elemental), Medal of Glory (accessory, mark of true talent that allows the wearer to gain triple experience from battles, immunity to asleep, blinded, confused, fragile, and weakened effects), Overkill Gloves [borrowed from Galen] (handwear, +1 gold for every point of damage done extra when defeating an enemy), Scaly Skin of the Allanoid (SP:6, backwear, suitable for Ranger and Barbarian Oriented Classes and Beast Warriors), Nordic Stomach Guard (SP: 3, Bodywear, Immunity to Ice and Water, Suitable for Barbarians, Beast Warriors and Regulators), Tricorne (headwear, SP:3)

Inventory: Crossbow of the Pongcanis (WP:16; earth-, wood-, water-, lightning-, light- elemental), Brown Dragon Girdle (bodywear, power +3; immunity to wood; suitable to rangers, rogues, alchemists and beast warriors), Trickster's mask of the elf, Ratmancer's Cowl (headgear, the wearer's physical attacks deal double damage against vermin), Trickster's Mask of the Gender Swap (artefact, accessory), Puglist's Gloves (Handwear, +2 Power, Immune to Weakened Effect), Sterile Gloves (Handwear, Immune to poisoned- and bleeding–effects), Winged Sandals (Immune to bound- and slowed-effects), Snake Eye Charm (Immune to petrified-effect), Health Core (4), Grand Potion (9), Potion (3), Remedy (7), Phoenix Essence (7), Dragon Scales (3), Nostrum (4), Smelling Salts (3), Mead (3), Flame-Distilled Brandy (4), Mulled Wine (3), Venom, Smoke Bomb (3), Soma, Chaotic Bomb, Cosmic Essence, Skeleton Decoy, Lightning Bomb, Fire Bomb (2), Water Bomb, Bone, Magic Compass, Pickaxe, Bedroll, Shovel, Equilibrium Tonic, Scrap Metal, Greater Potion (3)

QM guide (Ignore) (2)

Edited by Bricksandparts

OoC: I purchased three of each, you only listed it as two of each :wink: Also what happened to the mask I purchased? :look:

"Thanks for the gold and exp, it was a pleasure helping you." Benji grimly nods to the man, despite the fact that he had not met him previously, and also that he didn't really know what the goal of the quest even was.

"A partnership of two men named Delvin and Quinton seemed to run the operation. We took down Delvin as we tried to chase Quinton. When we caught up to Quinton, we had to let him go in exchange for the cure, so he's still at large."

Hal1_zpsfa249767.png "A mix of good and bad news is better than just bad news. Take your reward. Hopefully we can track down Quinton. Oh, before you leave, take this. The Bartender found it after that fight you had with those ruffians. He said you must have dropped it. I took the liberty of having it translated. It sounds like legend to me, but feel free to take a look."

Entry 01

Gah, I'm so glad I finally got out of Dastan. My entire community was being plagued by these rumors... A citadel in the north, guarded by sea monsters and the unholiest of the unholy. Of course, "legend" says that it has a big load of treasure in there too - Infinite, some say. Hah. Gullible bastards. Still, nice to believe they're real, yknow?

Entry 02

Well, I'm beginning my brand-spanking-new life of crime in Luosh. Already have an opening in some gang. Who needs some fancy palace of eternal darkness when you can just swindle your way to fame? Life is good.

Entry 03

Still can't escape those damned rumors! Mentions of this thing called an Ameoboss, a monster of water patrolling the seas... I make one mention that I've heard the rumors to my buddies, and wham, they're all over me. What is so ensnaring about all of this?

Entry 04

I can't stop thinking about that place... the Citadel of Shadow, people are now calling it... Even I'm starting to get a little gold-crazed. I'm even getting paranoid about my own stash of gold, too. Well... Paranoid about other things as well. I can't help but feel like something is watching me...

Entry 05

This has to stop. I'm having dreams now, dreams of that damned citadel... And eyes. Colored eyes, glowing out from the darkness. What does it mean?

Entry 06

I cannot go a single night without seeing those... things. Those grotesque, soul-snatching things. What are they? And why won't they, and their damned citadel, just leave me alone?!

Entry 07.

I'm being watched. I know it. I can feel it. I'm being watched. I'm being watched.

The Quest is Successful!

Edited by Bricksandparts

Benji silently departs and heads back to Eubric.