Sign in to follow this  
Bricksandparts

Heroica RPG - Quest #95: Missing Wares

Romulus searches the three guards he can reach. However, two are unreachable. If he planned to loot them, he would have to reach them first.

Actions:

Romulus (Search guard 1): 6 1

Romulus (Search guard 2): 6 3

Romulus (Search guard 3): 3 3

ThemorPharmacyGuard41_zpsb3d2b6f1.png

Drops:

heroica-gold.jpg 45 gold

heroica-potion.jpg 2 Potion(s) (Restores 10 health to the target.)

ThemorPharmacyGuard31_zps4cadade7.png

Drops:

heroica-gold.jpg 30 gold

heroica-smokebomb.jpg Smoke Bomb (Allows the party to escape the battle.)

ThemorPharmacyGuard11_zpsc0dae12e.png

Drops:

heroica-gold.jpg 25 gold

WeakRegenerationPotion_zpse781a3b6.png Weak Regeneration Potion (Has a 1/3 chance to restore 1 health after each round to the target, does not stack with more weak, normal, grand, or greater regeneration potions.)

Mizuki throws the smoke bomb and the Weak regeneration potion to the guard. "Just go and get out of here." Mizuki tries to scale the rightmost wall to arrive at the wooden platform using the ledges again

Actions:

Mizuki (Climb wall): 3 1

Mizuki runs at the wall, and now with more precision is able to wall run, grab onto the ledges, and soon climb across the bottom of the platform and pull herself over. She notices the guard there slumped onto the wall.

Alexander tries to follow Mizuki climbing the wall.

Aout the loot: the potions goes to me, the bomb and the Weak regeneration potion to the guard and the gold?

Actions:

Alexander (climb wall): 5

Alexander runs at the wall, jumps onto the ledge closest to the ground but accidentally runs into the wall before falling back to the ground. Getting up, he realizes he's slightly damaged (-1HP). Also, the noise may have alerted guards, although he does not know.

OOC: Sorry for having no participation for days. Something arose and I had to go to north Wales with little wifi.

Romulus attempts Alexander's route.

QM Note: Sorry for lack of pictures, hopefully I can start making them again soon. I still need to find a way to edit the photos on this CPU. I'm used to using PowerPoint (Don't judge me, it's possible :tongue:)

, however that is not installed on this CPU. Hopefully I'll have alternatives or a solution soon though :wink:

Actions:

Romulus (Climb wall): 3 4

Romulus runs at the wall, and is able to grab onto the ledge directly below the level of the platform. He pulls himself into a crouch, holding onto the ledge. What will he attempt to do next?

Just for convenience, here is the image of the pharmacy again. (Note, all the guards here are already defeated)

Scenery91_zpsa71f8316.png

Actions:

Romulus (reach platform): 2 5

Romulus reaches the bottom of the platform, and is able to climb across the lattice until he is hanging on the edge. He then pulls himself over, finally reaching Mizuki.

Edited by Bricksandparts

Alexander tries again to climb the wall to reach the fellow heroes.

QM Note: I would recommend designing a map of the pharmacy. Otherwise you may get lost or confused :laugh:. I would make a map, but I don't want to give more information than the party actually has. For reference, 1 brick "length", the same length as the minifigure foot, is my idea of feet. If you use the metric system, there are slightly over 3 feet in a meter (3.28 feet = 1 meter). These are just distance figures I will be using to explain where things are in relation to the party.

Also, fortunately, I have found a work-around for using my old CPU. :sweet: It is a pain to use, however, so I will probably stick to multiple pictures at once rather than them being spread around. :sceptic:

Actions:

Alexander (climb wall): 1

Alexander runs at the wall, springs off the bottom ledge, leaping 10 feet, before grabbing onto the ledge directly below the platform. He then grabs onto the lattice and pulls himself on top of the platform.

Scenery94_zps8eb8918e.png

From this vantage point, the party looks around the platform. The platform turns at the corner of the building, distancing about 24 feet further. Also, What looks to be about 10 feet away, and 10 feet higher,they observe another, similar, platform.

Scenery92_zpsbf6e2518.png

Romulus looks on both sides of the large section of the building they were near. It doesn't appear to have any windows, only the platforms. Another possibility may be to scale the rest of the wall, however this was probably a risky decision.

Scenery93_zps23a811db.png

While the party decides what to do, they probably will want to loot the guard on the platform.

Mizuki uses the ledges again to attempt to get to the even higher platform, trying to be as careful as she can.

Actions:

Mizuki (climb to ledge): 4 5

Mizuki shuffles across the ledge, then carefully jumping, grabbing onto the ledge at the same elevation as the platform. Pulling herself up, her left hand loses grip, causing her to slip, falling 5 feet, but able, barely, to cling onto the ledge with her right hand. Another mistake could cause her to uncontrollably fall 25 feet to the ground below.

Hanging onto the ledge barely with her right hand, Mizuki looks down at the ground. "That's.........a rather large drop." Looking back up, Mizuki attempts to regain a strong grip of the ledge with her left hand while using her right hand to make sure she doesn't fall. Once she has a secure grip of the ledge with both hands, Mizuki will attempt to make sure her feet are on the ledge below her.

Romulus (loot guard): 6 2

Romulus searches the guard, finding that his armor and weapons are fairly useless to them, however he is able to find a small stash of gold hidden on the guard.

ThemorPharmacyGuard51_zps7aaf1a99.png

Drops:

heroica-gold.jpg 180 gold

Mizuki (grab edge of platform): 4 5

Mizuki (swing to ledge): 6 1

Mizuki swings her left arm up, quickly grabbing onto the edge. She sighs with relief, when all at once she loses her grip, causing her right hand to slip. Quickly, she swings herself towards the wall, before grabbing onto the ledge, landing her feet onto the ledge below her.

Romulus attempts to reach the next platform. If if he is successful, he climbs up to the platform after that.

Edited by TheBoyWonder

Alexander takes the gold and attempts, as Romulus and Mizuki, to reach the next platform.

Party:

heroica_2.jpg

Alexander Vandangant (Wedge09)

Level 23.33 Hunter *Hunting Humanoids & none*

Power Bonus: 2 (With bow/crossbow)

Defense: 5 (2 + 3)

Health: 32/36 (6 + 20 + 6 + 4)

Gold: 200

Equipment: Fauxthril Crossbow (WP: 10, darkness-, ice-elemental, Hollow Blade upgraded [nothing stored]), Chevalier of Charis armor- (Artifact, bodywear) (Maximum health +2, SP: 2), Tricorne (SP: 3), Hunter's Qiver (WP: +2 to bows and crossbows, allows the hunter to favour two types at the same time)

Inventory: Delfrin Crossbow (WP: 7)

• Duplovian Helmets of the Guard (SP: 2, Immune to Magic and Healing), Sterile Gloves (Immune to Poisoned and Bleeding; handwear), Leather cap (SP:1) (8), trickster's mask of gender-swap

• Potion (10), Grand Potion (1), Tonic (2), Remedy (2), Venoms (6), Nostrum, Smoke Bomb (1), Dirt Bomb, Ice Bomb, Holy Bomb, Fire Bomb (2), Military Grade Fire Bomb, Elven Bomb, First Aid Kit (Consumable), Meads (3), Smelling Salt (2), Mithril Shard (1/4 of a piece of Mithril), Big Apple, Bones (6), Skeleton Decoy, Charcoal, Weak Regeneration Tonic (1), Weak Regeneration Potion (1)

• Bedroll, Shovel, Telescope, Magic Compass, magnifying glass

QM guide (Ignore)

Mizuki_Fancy_Ava2.jpg

Mizuki Kimura (zakura) *Party Leader*

Level 22 Assassin *Gains 150% gold* *Death mask* *Lucky*

Power Bonus: 0

Defense: 0

Health: 29/33

Gold: 50

Equipment: Dual Gladii (WP:12, Darkness and Light elemental dual-wield), Sticky Gloves (Increases the amount of gold stolen by 50% (rounded up)), Death Mask( Increases assassination chances to 1/3 when the target’s health is lowered to 1/3), Quickdraw quiver (*Hastened*)

Inventory: Top Hat (WP: 14. 50% Stun chance, retrievable) Fleurut(WP9), 20 venoms, Sylph Shuriken (WP:12, wind elemental, retrievable), 5 Nostrums, Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Telescope, Magic Compass, Magnifying Glass, 1 Think Jeeax Scales, 1 Rito Feather (consumable, grants the hastened- and blessed-effects upon use for one battle), Gladiator Trident (WP:11, causes bleeding effect. spear), Tonic, 2 Potions, 1 Fire bomb, 2 chicken drumsticks

QM guide (Ignore)

7932686900_57081d2403_t.jpg

Romulus Dean (TheBoyWonder)

Level 24.33 Raider *Natural Respite* *Immune to Fragile* *Gains 150% gold*

Power Bonus: 0

Defense: 8 (5+3)

Health: 24/32 38 (7+23+7+1)

Gold: 208 (30 to Loreal)

Equipment: Combrys (WP:17/16, Darkness, Wind, Fire and Ice; successful strikes raise WP by 1, unsuccessful strikes and the end of battle drop WP back to base value; greatsword), Heavy Armour (SP:5; protects from Fragile; bodywear), Gladiator Helmet (SP:3; headwear), Sticky Gloves (Increases the amount of gold stolen by 50% (rounded up))

Inventory: Dawnbreaker (WP:16, Light, Lightning, Water, Wood and Earth; greatsword), Gladiator Trident (WP:11, causes bleeding; spear), Staff of Frog Paladin (WP:6, grants Amphibianoc's Blessing; staff), Sylvania's Cowl (grants Animal Talk; headwear), 7 Potions, 1 Grand Potion, 2 Regeneration Potion, Health Core, 2 Remedies, Phoenix Essence, 2 Nostrums, 2 Venoms, Bedroll

QM guide (Ignore)

Romulus (Jump to ledge): 4 3

Romulus, without a plan, recklessly jumps towards the edge of the platform. As he reaches the end of the jump, his hands fail to catch onto the side of the platform, causing him to plunge over 20 feet to the ground below.

Romulus (Land safely): 2 4

Reaching the ground, Romulus fortunately is able to roll forward, heavily reducing the damage he would have taken for he had not rolled. Getting up, he assesses the damage: he has lost 12 HP and his positive effects and temporally lost 6 max HP until remedied or proper rest.

Seeing this, Alexander may want to try to find a safer way to the ledge, perhaps they were trying to surpass their limits from the experience they had so far.

QM Note: Until further notice, I will be reverting back to no rolls for actions. I will also add pictures later today, hopefully, if work allows me the time. If a member has been inactive for 2+ days I am allowing other members to control their actions for now, considering barely anyone is active. Also I am rewinding to before Romulus fell, because it was caused by the rolls.

With Mizuki on the second platform, Romulus runs, jumps, and catches the edge of the platform before pulling himself up and over. Alexander, after taking a deep breath, runs towards the edge of the first platform, jumping, and narrowly catching the edge of the second. Soon, all three heroes are on the 2nd platform. They walk along the platform until they reach the corner when they notice more guards. Behind the building were at least 5 more guards, each stationed on the ground. In the mizuki's peripheral vision, she notices another guard farther down the same platform. She pulls the party back around the corner as the guard looks in their direction. At first, it seems they'd escaped his vision, but a few seconds later they hear the guard.

"Kyle? Is that you?" The guard says, as the party hears his steps approaching them. If the party was to stay hidden, they would want to dispose of the guard without a fight.

Romulus hides so he can see anyone coming round the corner. When the guard walks round the corner Romulus grabs him and kills him with Combrys.