sheo

[MOC] Terex RH400 Mining Excavator (Obsolete)

On ‎1‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 8:04 PM, Gabi_BC said:

I am considering buying the parts needed for this moc, but i'd like to familiarize myself better with the design and probably try alternative color schemes. Is there a .lxf file available for the RH400?

Hi Gabi,

As I know, sheo has made the instructions from a .lxf file. I've an LDRAW .mpd file, see here http://www.bricksafe.com/files/afol1969/Instructions/TerexTH400.mpd

Greetings

Alex

I love this MOC: the scale, build quality, color scheme, everything. I finally managed to order most of the missing parts (light-grey thin liftarms and red, most used due to price) to give this MOC a go, after studying the upperstructure in yellow and dark-grey. Still sourcing some bent liftarms I overlooked at first, hope to get the missing parts end of this week including red panels without worn stickers ;). I'm using different colors for some interior parts, trying to keep the exterior as close to the original MOC as possible. More pics on my bricksafe account http://bricksafe.com/pages/emielr/terex-rh400.

800x659.jpg

Large version (base & boom done, attached to superstructure in progress on stand)

800x560.jpg

Large version (study / attempt 1, yellow and dark-grey superstructure on stand)

Also want to make the battery boxes removable since I only have two of the smaller AAA boxes (non-rechargeable). I might give my BuWizz a try as soon as it arrives, pity I only ordered one via Kickstarter..

Edited by emielroumen
Added hyperlinks to larger pictures

1 hour ago, Mestari said:

Do you know what happened to this MOC on Rebrickable? I can't find it anymore...

The creator (sheo) has (sadly) hidden it. Don't ask me why, I don't have an answer to that :sceptic:

I wonder if it's the chinese knockoff angle that prompted him. Or perhaps he's just had enough.

Still, i loved that gimbal a he put together and the RH400 comes out for shows fairly regularly. His name shall live on :D

It's my favorite Lego MOC and have rebuilt several times. It is fully converted to sBrick and removeable batteries. A work of Lego technic art!!

16 hours ago, LvdH said:

Sheo deleted all of his accounts, bricksafe rebrickable. The only way to still get the instructions are from other people who still have them saved. 

Hi there,

I've made made an LPUB version from his instructions, you can still download them from my Bricksafe account.

See link here: http://www.bricksafe.com/pages/afol1969/Instructions

Greetings

Alex

Edited by afol1969

Thank you for comments and info and afol1969 for the instructions :)

It's a shame this has been pulled down...

3 hours ago, Moran said:

thanks for the instructions !

is there a part list in a file format to upload to bricklink ?

I have a parts list. However, I'd rather not share it publicly, Sheo chose to take everything offline and that's his decision. But, at the same time it's just a list of parts. I'll send you it via a PM :classic:

On 10/24/2017 at 8:26 AM, LvdH said:

Sheo deleted all of his accounts, bricksafe rebrickable. The only way to still get the instructions are from other people who still have them saved. 

I did not know about that.  I wonder what happened?  I have his Terex and also his gimbals MOC.  He also did a magnificent space ship recently.  A really talented builder.

4 hours ago, Blakbird said:

I did not know about that.  I wonder what happened?  I have his Terex and also his gimbals MOC.  He also did a magnificent space ship recently.  A really talented builder.

Well, I have suspicion, but I think it's better to not share it. I know that might sound rather sensationalist or something, but that's not my point. I think he got his reasons, but I just don't want to start a whole discussion about that here (especially since it's just a suspicion). I leave it up to him. Let's keep it to discussing the MOC here :sweet:

On 25/10/2017 at 1:29 AM, AFOLegofan66 said:

It's my favorite Lego MOC and have rebuilt several times. It is fully converted to sBrick and removeable batteries. A work of Lego technic art!!

i am starting this enterprise! any advice or instruction to build it with removable batteries? (because i have AAA battery packs)

thanks to who will respond and help :)

5 hours ago, dariobok said:

i am starting this enterprise! any advice or instruction to build it with removable batteries? (because i have AAA battery packs)

thanks to who will respond and help :)

I'm building it now with two removable AA battery packs and 2 Sbricks. Since I don't want to rebuild most of it, I will sacrifice the engines and motorized steps. I'm trying to keep the outside the same as the model. The engine covers can still be closed.

800x639.jpg

800x598.jpg

Bricksafe folder

Edited by emielroumen
Added links to two photos

And it's done! I tried to keep the exterior close to the original by Sheo. I hope you like this (practical) modification.

If I had an unlimited budget I would have ordered all components new and followed the building instructions.

At rest, power switch in off position. The ridge between the engine doors is connected to the switches of the battery boxes.

800x450.jpg

View from top, removable tray with 2 AA battery boxes.

800x490.jpg

View underneath, power switch in off position. This red liftarm is connected to the ridge between the covers so you can switch power off from the top.

800x450.jpg

And steps that can be manually operated and locked in place.

800x960.jpg

See BrickSafe folder for more pictures.

Edited by emielroumen
Typos

On 10/29/2017 at 1:23 AM, legolijntje said:

I have a parts list. However, I'd rather not share it publicly, Sheo chose to take everything offline and that's his decision. But, at the same time it's just a list of parts. I'll send you it via a PM :classic:

I’m very interested in building this model. Would you be so kind and PM me the parts list please? I would very much appreciate it. 

Hi all. I´m also finished this mastefully MOC. For power supply I chose small battery box for rechargable AAA batteries. So I had to find out how to pull out BB. And I made this:

img_20180316_112935.jpg

Here you can see bottom of superstructure where BB are located. Four red bushpins which hold small frame in position.

img_20180316_113021.jpg

Here is frame.

img_20180316_113156.jpg

BB out of superstructure. I´m using it without cover for better space consumption. But this way required some cutting. I had to cut small part from black "Technic Pole Reverser Handle" which are used for frame with switch.

Edited by Kladovec

Hello I would really like to get a copy of the instructions for this is anybody able to point me in the right direction please ?

On 3/16/2018 at 1:02 PM, Kladovec said:

BB out of superstructure. I´m using it without cover for better space consumption. But this way required some cutting. I had to cut small part from black "Technic Pole Reverser Handle" which are used for frame with switch.

Nifty solution!