sheo

[MOC] Terex RH400 Mining Excavator (Obsolete)

Thanks Alex for the draft. I have built this and I am building another one with Sbrick. I am going to use this for the build. I will keep you posted on my progress. Thanks Sheo for starting all this!!

Thanks Alex for the draft. I have built this and I am building another one with Sbrick. I am going to use this for the build. I will keep you posted on my progress. Thanks Sheo for starting all this!!

If you build it, so today I'll upload in next hours an newer file with part lists and corrected boom instructions. I've the electrical scheme to. Just to find how to show the placements of the electrical wires, maybe I extract some pictures from sheo's instructions.

Greetings

Alex

I got the latest pdf and have started the MOC. It is going pretty smooth with no errors so far. Great work!! and nice improvement from the original pdf!! I will keep you posted on where I will place the Sbricks. I want them accessible so I can remove them easily for other projects .

Hi Afolegofan66,

Great that you build the MOC, it would me help very much to control the instructions from errors or other problems. I regulary update the instructions if necessary. Now I've uploaded them on Bricksafe, Because of the big size I'd to split the file in 2 Zip files:

http://www.bricksafe.../TerexTH400.zip

http://www.bricksafe.../TerexTH400.z01

Update: 23.12.2015

Contains now arrows and notations.

There are now part lists and the electrical scheme included.

And here the latest LDRAW file:

http://www.bricksafe.../TerexTH400.mpd

And still the electrical parts to document....

Happy building :classic:

Alex

Edited by afol1969

Hi Alex !

I think i found two errors.

On the part list for the boom only 4 parts Nr.:61904 ( Linear Actuator Holder ), needed 5, forgotten by step 43 in the boom instruction.

Missing 2x Part Nr.:6542b ( Technic Gear 16 Tooth with Clutch ), 1x Part Nr.: 6539 ( Technic Driving Ring ), 1x Part Nr.: 32187 ( Technic Driving Ring Extension ), to connect the steering mechanismen from superstructure to the Base.

Hans-Peter

Hi Alex !

I think i found two errors.

On the part list for the boom only 4 parts Nr.:61904 ( Linear Actuator Holder ), needed 5, forgotten by step 43 in the boom instruction.

Missing 2x Part Nr.:6542b ( Technic Gear 16 Tooth with Clutch ), 1x Part Nr.: 6539 ( Technic Driving Ring ), 1x Part Nr.: 32187 ( Technic Driving Ring Extension ), to connect the steering mechanismen from superstructure to the Base.

Hans-Peter

Hi, Hans-Peter,

Thanks for the information. I'll check this. And I'll upload an update soon, when I'm finished with the arrows at each step.

And I know, where I've forgotten the gears; They belong to the base when connected to the superstructure.

Update 23.12.2015: Files for download see post #331

Arrows, notes and some more errors corrected. So everybody can build it now :classic: .

A final version with electrical connections informations will follow within next month.

Greetings

Alex

Edited by afol1969

Thanks Alex for a job well done. My build is coming along great!! The electrical plan will be most welcome for sure!

I know that the electrical wiring placement is very to document, I don't know how to implant it in the instructions that everybody can follow it . I think about following possibilities:

- taking Sheo's LDD pictures with the wire tracings (difficult to follow)

- taking the photos from Therion (maybe uncomplete?)

Whatever, I maybe had made an connection error with the m-motor for the ladder, it doesn't work.

I've made now separate electrical/mechanical schemes for the Subtractor (drive/steering), boom, engines/lights, slew/ladder, and a electrical parts scheme in separate colors. I'll add them in the next instruction update, it's a lot easier to follow and you know which motor is for which function. In the instructions the ladder motor seems to be correct.

Whatever, I've to dismantle the superstructure partially to know what's the motor problem. Or I dismantle it complete to make photos from the electrical wiring. But before doing this, I've to take some more photos.

Please see regular in this topic, I'll make updates whenever I add new information in the instructions.

Greetings

Alex

May I ask? Why it´s called now TH 400? Instead RH 400.

o_O! :look: You're right! I'll correct it in the next update. I don't know why I've had the TH400 in my head,,,,

almost finished this MOC. Your plans worked out great .The arrows were a big help!! I decided to have a white RH400 with Sbrick control. I will make a movie and post the link. Thanks for all your hard work!

almost finished this MOC. Your plans worked out great .The arrows were a big help!! I decided to have a white RH400 with Sbrick control. I will make a movie and post the link. Thanks for all your hard work!

Congratulations! :thumbup:

So that gives me motivation for future instruction projects. And there were no errors? And you're right, arrows are a big help in complex technic creations. My intention is to make instructions as clear as possible for everybody, often I'd make mistakes in some other's MOC's because of missing arrows.

The final instruction version I'll publish soon, I've made separate electric and mechanical schemes to document which motor belongs to which function. And for the wire cabling I've made photos while disassembling the model. I hope it will be also a help.

Just to note: disassembling you have to do the steps backwards. But even following this some parts are very difficult to remove. I had to sacrifice to pins and one axle.

But anyway: It's a very impressive MOC, IMHO the best excavator model. But it was too my biggest challenge, not only for the instructions, also in building! You have to be very careful to place the parts correctly, otherwise you risk to disassemble a big part to remove the part from the wrong place. Myself I'd placed a thin lift arm with the wrong hole on the pins, and I'd to disassemble half of the superstructure!

Now to the problem with the ladder motor: The connection was correct. But it does not work with RC. But connected directly to the battery, it works! So I don't know whats with the motor....

Greetings

Alex

Now to the problem with the ladder motor: The connection was correct. But it does not work with RC. But connected directly to the battery, it works! So I don't know whats with the motor....

Maybe it's the same problem as mentioned in

by Sheepo?

when there is the cable instruction, i get a headache about it

start building from the beginning about 4 times, because i get get it right

HELP :angry: :angry: :angry:

Indeed the cabling is very complicated, myself I spent some hours to do it.

But I've seen now that I've not marked the download links in this thread, but in the other topic "afol1969's building instructions thread" http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=92669&st=25

http://www.bricksafe.com/files/afol1969/Instructions/TerexRH400.zip

http://www.bricksafe.com/files/afol1969/Instructions/TerexRH400.z01

For the cabling instructions I used the screenshots from sheo.

Further you can look at the pages from blakbird http://www.bricksafe.com/pages/blakbird/Renders/MOCs/Terex/Final

and Therion http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=553153

Good luck!

If any questions, just ask.

Greetings

Alex

Great work on the instructions Alex! I'm planning on building the Terex again using your instructions, somewhere in the next few months. :thumbup:

I was asked to design a sticker set for the awesome Terex excavator.

The sticker sheet will turn the Terex into a North American construction group version with Lego red coloured stripes around which perfectly fit on the technic bodywork. There are also some small details included like engine stickers and excavator number.

Because the popularity of this MOC these stickers are now available for everyone.

They are available at the JaapTechnic website: http://bit.ly/1U3Xfvb

Here are some pictures with the stickers photoshopped on them. Some real photos will be place here soon i think :laugh:

27126500685_c27bb6d39a_z.jpg

Terex RH 400 - Sticker set by Jaap Kroon, on Flickr

27126500945_eb06c6df4e_z.jpg

27126501165_a452e09e67_z.jpg

Edited by jaaptechnic

Cool! Love those stickers!!!

I can tell from my own experience that those stickers of Jaap are awesome!!! He has pro equipment and both the stickers for my Scania and Polar tanker trailer are amazing...!!! Thank you Jaap!!!

Finally have all of the parts for this amazing MOC and looking forward to starting the build later this summer!

Has anyone looked at the new gear ring from TLG BWE? Could it offer a more solid base or does it violate the design of the original?

6151167.jpg

I think it would need the base to be wider to give enough space for them, but they would be very useful for a model of this size.

I am considering buying the parts needed for this moc, but i'd like to familiarize myself better with the design and probably try alternative color schemes. Is there a .lxf file available for the RH400?