sheo

[MOC] Terex RH400 Mining Excavator (Obsolete)

I suppose you meant better instructions? I am very sorry, but I think that I should concentrate on designing new MOCs.

Thanks sheo, that's I only want to know, and as you're a talented MOC'er, of course you should designing them - and present them us. We're looking forward to your next creations. :classic:

So I'll ask blakbird for the CAD file.

Greetings

Alex

hi everyone im having trouble with this model.ive made everything from the instructions down to a tee.my problem is i got a black axle 12 coming out from inside the turntable from the superstructure and one black axle 12 from the base unit.ive looked at the pics from blackbird and i wonder if ive done ot wrong.any help plz

There should only be one axle. Take the 1x1 round plate off the bottom of the base, then you should be able to put the top onto the base by pushing the bottom axle out.

Sheo, your model is simply impressive and it's a pleasure to have it.

I have one question. Where I can find the instructions for the remote control? It seems there aren't inside the "main" PDF. Am I wrong?

Thank you, Rygar!

I haven't created any specific design for the remote controller, so you may just connect 4 IR remotes together using pins and insert 3L axles as levers. Then set the channels from 1 to 4. As far as I remember, the first channel is used for driving and steering, the second - for superstructure rotation and lifting the ladder. The third and the fourth channels control the boom (raising and bending the arm, tilting and opening the bucket). Correct me if I'm wrong. Try each function and set the reverse switches so that it would be comfortable to operate.

This has got to be the most ingenious/elegant use of this part, as support for the track sprocket. Bravo!

44225.jpg?0

12150209366_4e6abbd224_c.jpg

Thanks, DrJB! It's a shame this part didn't make it to the final version of the model.

Thank you, Rygar!

I haven't created any specific design for the remote controller, so you may just connect 4 IR remotes together using pins and insert 3L axles as levers. Then set the channels from 1 to 4. As far as I remember, the first channel is used for driving and steering, the second - for superstructure rotation and lifting the ladder. The third and the fourth channels control the boom (raising and bending the arm, tilting and opening the bucket). Correct me if I'm wrong. Try each function and set the reverse switches so that it would be comfortable to operate.

Thank you for your answer. Can I ask you how they should be assembled, for example? Just for curiosity: do you have a picture about your assembled remote controller?

Unfortunately I don't have a picture. It was just 2 remote controllers of 8043 connected together, side by side. It wasn't very rigid though.

Edited by sheo

Can I use the RC from Jurgen's 42009 Ultimate? i think they would work well enough

Can I use the RC from Jurgen's 42009 Ultimate? i think they would work well enough

Sure you can use it. How it is designed is not important, it's the handling and function what counts :wink:

Greetings

Alex

Just started building this beast last weekend. I'm about halfway the base, but already i'm starting to worry about how I ever get this thing taken apart again... :cry_sad:

Maybe there should be seperate disassembly instructions? :grin:

Edited by Therion

it took me 3 months to do.double check your progress becoz its frustrating going back and re doing it.i no i had dat issue.

Just started building this beast last weekend. I'm about halfway the base, but already i'm starting to worry about how I ever get this thing taken apart again... :cry_sad:

Maybe there should be seperate disassembly instructions? :grin:

I addressed this in my review. It can never be taken apart again. I think you could throw the completed model across the room and nothing would break off except for the turntable.

I did at one point disassemble the model to the point that I could remove the rechargeable batteries, and it was about a 3 hour project.

The more robust it is, the more chances we have that it won't transform into evil devastating robot.