RenegadeClone

[WIP - MOC] Rebel Alliance Base

Awesome way to display awesome models! And it's so lively :classic:

I really like how you did the ladders to access the A-wings.

But I'm not convinced by the stand of the B-wing... Are there any pictures in the movies that show a landed B-wing?

You can also see the cockpit peeking out just below the Falcon's aft end in the big hangar matte painting overview in the shot right before that one, but it doesn't reveal much more.

I already loved your mocs... and this base just accentuates their awesomeness with such a great start to a really nice looking base for them!

My favorite part from this is all the different troops gathered in the hanger. You have just the right diversity of aliens and humans. It looks really good!

My favorite part from this is all the different troops gathered in the hanger. You have just the right diversity of aliens and humans. It looks really good!

Agreed! Lego needs to release some alien pilots!

Agreed! Lego needs to release some alien pilots!

I signed up just so I could heap praise on this thread. Agree about the alien pilots, some women and different skin tones would be great too.

Hey everyone :classic:

Thanks for all the kind comments. Still got a lot of work to do on this MOC - the beauty of LEGO is tinkering, changing and adding new pieces! Hopefully will post an update soon when more bricklink orders arrive!

I plan on adding a few more sections to the base and more lighting - plus something else rather special :wink:

I do plan on building a removable surface section above the base - just haven't decided on the type of planet - desert, jungle, icy terrain ? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks again guys :sweet:

I do plan on building a removable surface section above the base - just haven't decided on the type of planet - desert, jungle, icy terrain ? Any suggestions would be appreaciated.

I think something like jungle will look the very good, but that is much work and can be heavy and might distract attention from the beautiful hangar.

Therefore, I think plains with some smaller trees can look the best, just a green hillside environment with some medium/small trees, some bushes, water and maybe a little outpost.

That's Flail's Y-WIng right? It looks awesome! As do the A-wings. Are there Instructions for them? I'm adding Your B-wing and Mike Psiaki's X-Wing to my rebel forces, and I want those too! :laugh: Keep up the good work! :thumbup:

could you post to a different host? and deeplink?

Edited by Artizan

That's pretty cool! I like the custom sticker

Actually it is not a sticker. It's a Kindle, with the briefing screen rendered in a drawing program. Working on animating the briefing screen soon.