Sign in to follow this  
Ecclesiastes

AoM Archery phase2: Adventures with grandpa: A cold welcome

Elon is taking his grandsons Elijah and Albion to the main city of the elves. To get there they've crossed the winter lakes. At the archery range Elon got Elven clan capes. Those capes grant him and his grandsons safe passage through the Elven territories.

12136168124_d045c87524_b.jpg

Putting targets on floes makes it a lot more difficult to hit the center. Especially when there's a lot of waves.

12136426936_182d91e5ed_b.jpg

12136169704_3792804560_b.jpg.

Elijah started sparring with an Elf which he drove into the water. Which made him very proud, because now he was able to tell everyone he defeated an Elf. Of course Albion was proud, but he knew the elf did let Elijah win.

12136032343_b6dc245ace_b.jpg

Elon getting the clan capes.

Excellent job, those targets are really nice and I like the brightness of the whole MOC!

Excellent work with the snow and ice floes, and the targets are also very cool :wink:

Great job on the colors for the building too :thumbup::sweet:

Lovely build sir, the snow is fantastic. Great story as well, where did you get the olive green capes?

haha, you're really going for your own tag now, aren't you. Anyway, it's great scene, nice winter effects and I really like how you're refering to dG's story. Now that is something we should do around here more often, intervene our stories and figs with each other!

Excellent snow/ice effects :thumbup: Nice use of the new 4x4 round plate without center for the targets too.

I'm interested to see where Elon takes his grandsons next :classic:

Good job with the ice sheets and snow drifts! The minifig posing is excellent, I especially like the elf on the sheet of ice in the corner, he looks so sure of foot :classic:

Can't help thinking that the water technique you've used is a little bit too "dynamic" in a scene like this however, I would maybe have expected a more calm surface (SNOT water or tiles would maybe have worked better).

Such a great color combination!! The posings as always brilliant Ecc! That elf is one nice fella, jumping in that water for a little lad!