Yawgmoth

2015 LEGO Pirates Rumors and Discussion

UCS Imperial Trading Post confirmed!!!

That'd be the dream, eh? I won't get my hopes up untill there's something more substantial than one guy hearing a rumor. But it'd sure be nice, especially since I (sadly) missed out on the Imperial Flagship - one of the best damn LEGO sets ever released.

Sorry guys, I was simply trying to illustrate exactly how we shouldn't get carried away due to a mere questionable rumor. I meant no harm. pirate_blush.gif

UCS Imperial Trading Post confirmed!!!

That'd be the dream, eh?

If the stormy lego seas were real, and they were cold at night, and you were forced to sail them, and I got to choose whether you did so in the 2009 pirate ship or the 2015 pirate ship, I would give you the one missing a door. pirate_pirate_angry.gif

Edited by Cervantes

If the stormy lego seas were real, and they were cold at night, and you were forced to sail them, and I got to choose whether you did so in the 2009 pirate ship or the 2015 pirate ship, I would give you the one missing a door. pirate_pirate_angry.gif

Lego fans can be so brutal...

Have just completed the Imperial Flagship again, and seeing it sailing between the BB and the BBB is a dream. The colour similarities between the BB and BBB aren't so obvious when a third ship with completely different colours is introduced.

But now that I have bluecoats as well as redcoats, it actually looks like more of a bluecoat ship to me. The only red features are the pennants and the flag, and they are easily swapped out for blue ones. It make me hope that if they do have a Bluecoat Flagship next year, they don't just give it the same colours as the Imperial Flagship, which I'm not entirely confident in given their lack of effort with the BB and the BBB. Another reason I'd prefer a D2C version of the Imperial Trading Post.

Have just completed the Imperial Flagship again, and seeing it sailing between the BB and the BBB is a dream. The colour similarities between the BB and BBB aren't so obvious when a third ship with completely different colours is introduced.

Congratulations. Did you BL the Imperial Flagship or re-build the one you had? I began to BL parts to build the Imperial Flagship for myself. It's going to be a long term project for me.

For me, as long as we get some type of UCS set that involves the Bluecoats (wether it be a ship, a port/town, or a big fort), I'm in, and I'll get it. And I also really think LEGO needs to put a few more smaller-mid size sets out there, I mean really. A pirate hideout (not treasure island) would be cool, or at least a battlepack.

Edited by James Wellington

I hope that Lego releases a battlepack for both the Pirate and Bluecoat faction (we may even get tricornes for the officers this time), just like they did for the 2013 Castle theme.

Congratulations. Did you BL the Imperial Flagship or re-build the one you had? I began to BL parts to build the Imperial Flagship for myself. It's going to be a long term project for me.

It sounds like a very expensive long term project, but totally worth it. pirate_laugh2.gif

I rebuilt the one I had. The only classic Pirate set I've BL-ed is 6260 Shipwreck Island, just because the modern Pirate sets can't entirely substitute for the sets I had as a kid.

guys I started to piece some clues together and I think we might be getting a British type ship once again with this pirate theme!!! So I found these images and the flag on this ship is the same one a the blue cotes have in this theme!!! there is the piece number as well for this set!!!!

1989_20_21_s.jpg1990_22_23_s.jpg

And in the back ground of the lego spring catalog there is always a ship in the back ground as seen here!!!! As we can see on the brick bounty, treasure island, and the soldiers fort sets there is a ship in the back ground that is definitely not a pirate ship!!!!!

16580190115_b818a5b22d_b.jpg

Will we be getting a ship like this again!!!! pirate_laugh2.gifpirate_laugh2.gifpirate_laugh2.gif

img_3976.jpg

You posted the german catalouge of 1989. The only question is still: "Who got the legendary treasure" (Wer hat den sagenhaften Schatz)^^pirate_satisfied.gifpir_laugh2.gif

Das möchte ich auch wissen x) Vermutlich liegt er noch im Rhein.

Is it the treasure of the nibelungen? pir_laugh2.gif

PS: Your German is perfect!!!

Ich bin Lehramtstudent : ) Ich werde Schwedisch- und Deutschlehrer werden. Oder Seeräuber.

I guess I should stay on topic and stick to English, haha. Unfortunately there is not much to discuss in this thread anymore. We need confirmation for the UCS set.

Fortsätt att skriva på engelska.

(does that make sense?)

Yes, please pirate_laugh2.gif

Aye, it makes perfect sense : P Some people would skip the "att" though. But it can be there.

Edited by Sigolf Brimabane

And in the back ground of the lego spring catalog there is always a ship in the back ground as seen here!!!! As we can see on the brick bounty, treasure island, and the soldiers fort sets there is a ship in the back ground that is definitely not a pirate ship!!!!!

Yup, also I think the 2009 had a similar ship in the background before the Imperial Flagship came out. I've never been a fan of the way people sometimes find 'clues' of future sets in current themes, but in this case I feel there might be something to it.

exactly we will have to wait until next year to find out because the imperial flagship came out a year after the original pirate wave.

If it's another ship, I sure hope it won't be as much of an unoriginal ripoff of the last Imperial Flagship as The Brick Bounty was of Brickbeard's Bounty...

While I'd love to get an Imperial ship of the size and quality as the last one, I doubt it'd be anywhere near as good - and would thus rather see them do something completely different, to avoid dissapointment.

I was at a huge toystore yesterday. I have bought all the sets at Lego.com and 2 more at a little local store (to support them). I wanted to look how they present the Pirates. And what must I see. There was only a little cardboard standup. Only 3 boxes where missing at this standup. The BB was nowhere to find. I asked the boss of the Legocorner and he told me:

“We don´t have the ship, we are selling Pirates not very good. Children have no interests in Lego Pirates, they want Chima and Ninjargo…. Only Fathers buy Pirates but then the children don´t play with it.”

What is your impression is the line selling well or is "the stupid"pirate_pirate_angry.gif ( I hate him he slanders my Piratespir_laugh2.gif ) staff of the toystore right?

Edited by Matthias

I was at a huge toystore yesterday. I have bought all the sets at Lego.com and 2 more at a little local store (to support them). I wanted to look how they present the Pirates. And what must I see. There was only a little cardboard standup. Only 3 boxes where missing at this standup. The BB was nowhere to find. I asked the boss of the Legocorner and he told me:

“We don´t have the ship, we are selling Pirates not very good. Children have no interests in Lego Pirates, they want Chima and Ninjargo…. Only Fathers buy Pirates but then the children don´t play with it.”

What is your impression is the line selling well or is "the stupid"pirate_pirate_angry.gif ( I hate him he slanders my Piratespir_laugh2.gif ) staff of the toystore right?

Loooool...looks like we Fathers/Adults make more money for Legos when it comez to themes variety hahahah