Yawgmoth

2015 LEGO Pirates Rumors and Discussion

I think lego has always been colourful in the past. Like using yellow for sand... Now we have more natural colours: tan, dark brown, you name it. One thing I am disappointed with is that Redbeard has golden epaulettes now... I liked the brown ones he had in the past. I think a reason why the bluecoats may feel too colourful is that the whole torso is blue now, compared to the white ones they had in the past. I can't say anything about the blue colour as compared to the old one, the only old bluecoat I have (which I got today) has faded blue colour. Was it once bright?

Edited by Sigolf Brimabane

Anyone who thinks the minifigure colors are too bright obviously has no recollection of the original Pirates theme.

I think the minifigure colours are too bright and I have every single set of the original pirates theme! pirate_tong.gif

Well, I think their brightness is just right for LEGO. :wink:

From the comparison pics, I see the new Redbeard actually does have a red (well, orange) beard, not brown as I thought. Well, now I can sleep easier for some reason.

Well, I think their brightness is just right for LEGO. :wink:

From the comparison pics, I see the new Redbeard actually does have a red (well, orange) beard, not brown as I thought. Well, now I can sleep easier for some reason.

I have one in my hand right now. His beard is far from being red. It's more brown than red, but like you said, it's orangish. Imagine taking the dark orange color and increasing the brightness. It's very, very not red, so I'm not sure what we're to call him. It seems wrong to call him Captain Roger because his face looks nothing like Captain Roger.

I have one in my hand right now. His beard is far from being red. It's more brown than red, but like you said, it's orangish. Imagine taking the dark orange color and increasing the brightness. It's very, very not red, so I'm not sure what we're to call him. It seems wrong to call him Captain Roger because his face looks nothing like Captain Roger.

Okay (not ok-ey) this is gonna be a bit compearing Real life with Lego but how many people actually has a really red beard And natural red hair. Doesn't the people we call "red heads" have a more of a "orangish" color to their hair.

I will be if it looks orangish but Lego print quality, as we know vary.

Okay (not ok-ey) this is gonna be a bit compearing Real life with Lego but how many people actually has a really red beard And natural red hair. Doesn't the people we call "red heads" have a more of a "orangish" color to their hair.

I will be if it looks orangish but Lego print quality, as we know vary.

Real red hair is kind of orangish, but this looks more like a dirty blonde than red. One definitely could argue that he has reddish hair, but if anyone has doubts whether his hair is red, then it doesn't seem right to call him Captain Red Beard. I think we'll have to come up with a new name for this guy.

Real red hair is kind of orangish, but this looks more like a dirty blonde than red. One definitely could argue that he has reddish hair, but if anyone has doubts whether his hair is red, then it doesn't seem right to call him Captain Red Beard. I think we'll have to come up with a new name for this guy.

One could always replace his head with captain brickbeard´s, that guy had a really red beard. Altough I don´t think he was an natural, nobody is that red pir_laugh2.gif

But to me this new guy is the classic Roger Redbeard in a new form, altough his beard doesn´t look too red.

Captain Filthy or dirty dog could be good or was that the CMF pimp captainpirate_laugh_new.gif

I always liked the names that had nothing to do with their appearance, like the monkey 'Spinoza' who could have been called 'Browntail' or something, going by naming conventions. This guy doesn't have to be XXX-beard.

I'm going to call him Archibald Mondegreen.

I miss brown and red eupalettes.

Thats exactly want I think! Thank you Hive

Yes this is so sad.

But why do you guys think this is, why the change?

I think it has something to do with that were they make them, they don't right now use red and brown for that mold.

Yes this is so sad.

But why do you guys think this is, why the change?

I think it has something to do with that were they make them, they don't right now use red and brown for that mold.

I assume they use gold instead of brown because it's more 'flashy' to look at. And kids usually loves flashy things.

Why they use white instead of red however... that's hard to speculate at. I suppose they simply felt it looked better this time around.

Well. I liked it before when only a few pieces were shiny and sparkly. Like the king's crown, the coins, the silver sword... It felt really special to own those. But now there are gold parts in every set. Though, I can't ever really complain, because I love lego. I just built a budget Imperial Flagship (y) I had most parts already, bought the sails, and exchanged some of the rare colours for more available ones. I'm only missing those shrouds (?) which are pretty rare these days. I hope they'll get cheaper when the new ship comes out.

After receiving my BnP shipment yesterday, the new pirates figures look great. The blue coat (while brighter than expected) actually looks great in hand and I plan on buying more of them.

The new flags are beautiful too. I'm really pleased with this nod to my childhood. I hope LEGO continues to do so with castle and space..although, if they do, then I will be broke.

I assume they use gold instead of brown because it's more 'flashy' to look at. And kids usually loves flashy things.

Why they use white instead of red however... that's hard to speculate at. I suppose they simply felt it looked better this time around.

When I see the 2015 pirates side by side with the 2009 pirates I can kind of understand why... Red soldiers with blue epaulettes versus blue soldiers with red epaulettes? Could be a tad confusing! At least this way they are more visually distinctive while also having a nod to Classic Pirates.

Edited by David Thomsen

Excuse my ignorance. I haven't used B and P before. A question to those buying imperial soldier torsos. Lego don't appear to be selling the hats separately. What are you planning to do for their headgear? Use a tricorn or hair piece?

Or were the hats being sold but now are out of stock?

I'm asking as Id love to get a little army together.

Thanks for any pointers!

Excuse my ignorance. I haven't used B and P before. A question to those buying imperial soldier torsos. Lego don't appear to be selling the hats separately. What are you planning to do for their headgear? Use a tricorn or hair piece?

Or were the hats being sold but now are out of stock?

I'm asking as Id love to get a little army together.

Thanks for any pointers!

Yea they are out of stock, you should check b&p almost daily to see when they are back in stock.

Personally I skipped the hats and white epaulets and will be using the old black hat and red epaulets.

Edited by Mencot

I really like the pirates theme. My grandparents bought the eldorado fortress and forbidden island for me and my siblings when we were young. Are there going to be any more big sets like these in the pirates 2015 line? The only big set is the pirate ship

Yea they are out of stock, you should check b&p almost daily to see when they are back in stock.

Personally I skipped the hats and white epaulets and will be using the old black hat and red epaulets.

The old 90s hat can still be bought. That is a good opporunity.