Yawgmoth

2015 LEGO Pirates Rumors and Discussion

I guess I stand alone in liking these sets. But honestly I'm such a die hard pirates fan they could release anything pirates and I'd buy it.

You're not alone. Well... I wouldn't say I 'like' them yet, I'll wait for the final images to make that call. But I certainly don't hate them, and I see a lot of potential. They make me more excited to see the final sets than I had been just hearing people talk about the preliminary images.

The skull is lifted directly from the 1996 Volcano Island.

Ah, that's why it looked like a knockoff to me, I saw a knockoff of the Volcano Island set once (the set came out when I was in my dark ages so I wasn't familiar with the original set).

The skull is lifted directly from the 1996 Volcano Island.

I wouldn't say "directly"...it's a different build with a more defined lower portion and a rounded top that wasn't possible in 1996. And the gold tooth is a nice touch. It's no mini-volcano, though, I'll admit that.

Don't forget about the Juniors set! I found it by searching for the German word for 'treasure'.

Thank you so much for finding that! I've been hoping we'd get a Pirates Juniors set. I'm seeing...possibly a new map and Jolly Roger pieces? And that fort window piece is lovely.

TC

Scary but I'm actually thinking the Juniors set is one of the better ones coming out next year - a nice map, flag, row boat, wall piece and shark all in a cheap set is not to be scoffed at.

Let's hope for a store exclusive or UCS set to mix things up a bit. It seems that the pirate captain (Blockbeard?) is only included in the large ship set at this stage.

I honestly can't understand those who likes these sets. All of them talked about detailing or using some of the bricks.. I'm wondering in wich way this could be different from bricklinking.

UE customers have to face this fact: 9usd, 19usd etc magically became 9euro, 19euro etc.. so the european customer who wants only minifigs doesn't have any interest on buying the complete set, bricklinking dollar-priced minifigs outside UE.

The only armybuilder to consider is the cannon battle-like set, which has an acceptable price for its contents.

LEGO: sorry to say, but you call these sets?....so disappointing sets. Looks like few parts to build easily can be done from bricklink with bad looking structure. 2009 theme is much better..

I really hope these photos are just prototype and not final cos it will be a big shock!

Edited by VintageLegoEra

I strongly believe that it's all final but the minifigures, which is a total disappointment. Comparing to the exciting 2015 city sets, these are really poor designed imho.

Does anyone still have, or know where to find, preliminary images of the 2009 pirates? I'm sure there were more changes than just the torsos and flags and sails.

The sets are totaly disappointing. I think we will get a exclusive pirate island 2016, because there is no bigger pirate landbased setpirate_devg1.gif . I am glad about new Bluecoats, but thats all. I am hoping for a soldiers battlepack :), that would be great.

It all reminds me of the 1996er crap wave. That stes where terrible and the new one are too. But I will buy them all, because I am a collector. And my collection must stay complete.pirate_look.gif

Hi, just wondring if it would be ok, if I post some pics (they have still the mark "confidential") from the new pirates line in 2015... . I have found the pics on the www.... nothing illigal. Personal I hope, that the sets will have an other revision.

PRELIMS!

-Sci

Oh... ok I just found the link in the forum and the pics are the same....

Does anyone know why they didn't include Islanders in 2009 and now?

I thought the S11 Island Warrior was a foreshadowing for this line

I think I'm just a dreamer default_cry4.gif

I think Islanders is the kind of subtheme that might come one or two years after the first wave, they will start with clearly defined pirate/soldier sets.

I don't understand why people are so upset about these sets? Unlike Itaria, I strongly believe that a lot of these sets are incomplete. The fort set, for example, seems to have a tower supported only by four pillar bricks. If it stays that way it would be disappointing, but it seems so unlike Lego to have such a weakly built structure that I'm willing to guess that there are still parts missing. Same for the jail, it doesn't have a back. Have they ever had a jail that isn't fully enclosed?

I'm extremely dissapointed that this "new" pirate ship is 99 % identical to the 2009 ship. It's nice that we'll get some new blue coats though, and I'm sure that some of these sets will turn out decent enough when finished. The biggest problems with them aren't the sets themselves, it's that LEGO choose to omit doing large sets this wave.

You're not alone. Well... I wouldn't say I 'like' them yet, I'll wait for the final images to make that call. But I certainly don't hate them, and I see a lot of potential. They make me more excited to see the final sets than I had been just hearing people talk about the preliminary images.

I agree with this. I can see the potential in the sets to be comparable with 2009 and I'm excited to see the new minifigures which the prelims suggest should include lots of new designs. This for me is a big plus compared to re-using the redcoats of 2009 which could have easily been the case. I am a little disappointed the ship currently resembles the 2009 one so strongly but saying that I thought that was a good ship, especially for the money and better than the POTC ones so I can't complain really. For anyone who missed the 2009 one, which is most of the target market, this will be great.

I had hoped for an army builder type set, like we get with the starwars battlepack, the Calvary set from the lone ranger from last year, castle theme this year had one aswell.. A €9.99 set with 2 minifigs is a bit tough.

Can't say I'm disappointed because I wasn't expecting much. Very basic sets, not many bricks, not too many minifigures. Am pleased at the number of female minifigures. Hopefully the designs or all will be nice and robust.

Would've been nice to have a more creative use of the theme.

I'm happy to see this teaser.

Now considering those images are only prelim, it already looks interesting enough to me. And once fully accessorized, it will look even better. They are simple, but I like this Lego-like simplicity. Detailed stuff can be found all around galleries & flickr, I was looking forward to Pirates-sets, and I'm content with those.

Well thats somehow I expected it, but I would wait for final pics for a final judgement.

The only thing that I can say no: The ship is somehow uncreative and disappointing. You could have done bette.

So, here is the Pirate Theme Rescue Plan:

1.Give us some nice new molds like a new musket, a tschako etc. !

2. Spend much details on the printing for the figures, flags etc. Lissen to your ambassadors!

3. Make a new ship!

Jan

Ha well, the two soldier's fort sets are going to be ok I guess. I quite like them so far. Also, bluecoats and a female imperial, that's going to be fun!

Hope to see changes in future, the only thing I really dislike is the huge step backwards in designing. An emprovement in design could change heavily my first impression.

Indeed TLG have the priority to sell toys and not to surprise afols, so studs shooter, palm tree etc is ok for their purpose.

But the design is too "naif" for a pirates theme.

These sets are pretty basic, but when it comes to the Pirates theme, I buy the sets for the figures, and upgrade the builds. I'm happy about the bluecoats, but I'm not happy we aren't getting a monkey at all-only a joke :)

I think those frogs in the Soldier's Fort are stand ins. If so, could they not be a new monkey mold? Eitherwise, we can just use the monkey from the Zookeeper CMF.