Yawgmoth

2015 LEGO Pirates Rumors and Discussion

If they did a multi-wave pirate theme now, it would need some kind of tie-in to a Cartoon Network show and some kind of twist--radioactive pirate princes collecting the six trans neon elemental crystals to take over the moon and return to their pirate planet. Then the blue coats, led by Captain Cyborg Minifig, will come after them in an amphibious tank. That's what multi-wave themes look like now...

Very true, and very sad...

Or make them sky pirates, team them up with snake-peopleand set them against ninjas.

But actually, this pirate-faction set that CM4Sci posted in the Ninjago forum doesnt look too bad - head, bandanna (newly in dark green!) and pistol are OK (maybe even the legs), and the plane has some bottles (the highlights for me) and whatnot. Interested to see more.

TXp6eVo.png

lego-ninjago-pirates-2016-2.jpg

Though this would go in a 2016 Pirates thread, if its worth making one.

EDIT: new pic after old one taken down from imgur

Edited by Ardelon

Those Ninjago Pirates have sort of a steampunk feel to them, and actually look pretty neat, I'm very curious if there will be a ship for them too. If there is, it may look like something halfway between Metalbeard's Sea Cow and the classic pirate ships. I might actually be interested in this!

I have a feeling that it will be the Sea Cow that will look halfway between a classic pirate ship and any Ningago flying ship, but there will probably still be some nice parts to be had.

Hmm... Since Nexo Knights doesn't seem like something for me, maybe ninjago pirates might be interesting. Otherwise I think I'll try to collect some more classic stuff instead.

Hmm... Since Nexo Knights doesn't seem like something for me, maybe ninjago pirates might be interesting. Otherwise I think I'll try to collect some more classic stuff instead.

You will have to. pirate_laugh2.gif

Edited by Captain Fortune

Image doesn't work. Is it this one?

Lego doesn't want us showing them off :wink: Do you mind removing the link from your post?

But yes, that's the Ninjago Pirates Polybag leak picture. It maks me all kinds of excited, to be honest! :grin: I don't dig the re-used head, but other than that, the Torso and legs and concept are all great! I may finally like a Ninjago wave! :laugh:

Asian-themed Skyrates! :laugh:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Edited by Dannylonglegs

Just looking back at when the Imperial Flagship was first seen, it was the 3rd of October 2009 at BrickCon... we've had BrickCon at the same date this year and no sign of any kind of D2C Pirate set for next year. I don't think this proves we won't see one, but unless we see something in the next month, I guess we're just not getting anything like the Imperial Flagship next year.

Other sets in other themes, like the Kingdoms Joust, were also announced in early October. pirate_sceptic.gif

Edited by David Thomsen

Just looking back at when the Imperial Flagship was first seen, it was the 3rd of October 2009 at BrickCon... we've had BrickCon at the same date this year and no sign of any kind of D2C Pirate set for next year. I don't think this proves we won't see one, but unless we see something in the next month, I guess we're just not getting anything like the Imperial Flagship next year.

I believe you are correct. TLG doesn't seem to be any better at keeping sets like this a secret since then.

I believe there is hope. Pirates are still in the minds of set developers with Ninjago pirates and Mixel Pirates. This shows me that TLG believes there is some viability in at least Pirate oriented themes. If those are successful, we may see a return of the theme.

If those are successful, we may see a return of the theme.

Yes, in 5-7 years time as per the current product cycle. pirate_classic.gif

And that isn't my own speculation, the LEGO Group actually stated this to be their plan whilst I was a LEGO Ambassador.

Well, the brick bounty is sold out at s@h. I have seen lately that several different theme sets and the newest CMF series have gone from sold out to back in stock. I'm just wondering if the ship will comeback. I have every set from this wave and a couple doubles, but as soon as the ship said sold out, I thought to myself, I should have gotten another one!

I don't follow other themes very much, but apparently NinjaGo is having some kind of ninjas vs. pirates theme next year... does anyone have any information on what this might mean to pirate fans? It's hard to find out much information, it seems to be futuristic pirates or something (why does everything have to be futuristic at the moment?) so I doubt the sets are going to fit in with my collection, still there there might be some useful accessories and bits. I think I saw something where the new bandanna is in green, for example.

I don't follow other themes very much, but apparently NinjaGo is having some kind of ninjas vs. pirates theme next year... does anyone have any information on what this might mean to pirate fans? It's hard to find out much information, it seems to be futuristic pirates or something (why does everything have to be futuristic at the moment?) so I doubt the sets are going to fit in with my collection, still there there might be some useful accessories and bits. I think I saw something where the new bandanna is in green, for example.

You heard correctly. Ninjago will be having a wave of Ninja vs. Sky pirates. We've only seen one picture of the pirates themselves, and it was just one guy with the dark green bandana. The pirate wore some dark green Asian armour and has an Asian pirate flag logo over his heart. Torso is orange of some kind. His head was a repeat of red beard.

The pirate colour scheme is (some kind of) Orange and Dark green. Their sets appear to have plenty of pirate parts. We think there'll be maybe 2 new human male pirates and 1 female. Some of the pirates appear to be snake people. There will be a giant samurai figure (big fig) and an orange 4-armed genie.

But you'll probably like to hear there'll be a grey version of the classic monkey. Hopefully it doesn't have circuitry or anything on it.

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Last time this was discussed in the pirates forum the conversation was relocated to this topic... so may be worth discussing this there, but without trawling the Ninjago thread again and from what I can remember: there is a cool asian-style pirate flag, the flimsy plastic kind, bandanas in dark green, I think one of the flying ships had a proper steering wheel and anchor, can't remember. One set has a monkey but its got orange bit on and there are palm trees using the upside down bush at the top (like you see in MOCs) and the trunk bit is made of the piece that gets used for dragons tails (in brown). I think there were cannons, but no sails or moulded ship bits.

There were some drawings of the prelims knocking around, but I suspect they are gone, you may find them on other sites, otherwise I would wait for the official photos.