Yawgmoth

2015 LEGO Pirates Rumors and Discussion

Honestly, with 6 years or more between each Pirates theme, I'm like the 5-12 year olds: it doesn't get old. pir_laugh2.gif

I'd absolutely love a Pirates theme that lasts for more than 1 wave though, as most here likely would... so we could get more variety in the sets.

You got that right. The old classics gave us just that: variety. It was due in no small part to the fact that each faction had a significant number of sets simultaneously. I remember the 1990-94 catalogues in particular and the Pirates theme was loaded - even before the Islanders came along. Then 1995-96 rolled around... it hasn't been the same since!

The old vintage Pirate set really has a mystery attraction power,,,like the Mona Lisa paint :).....

They look Glorious and Realistic......i love to see my collections every day!

I want a new version of king kahuka!! plus I love how the sets interconnect to something bigger, granted back in the day the size of the sets we get with two combined was the norm, but I can't imagine a 200usd all pirates sets other than a ship, Lego needs those bases they use to have in old forts.

I want a new version of king kahuka!! plus I love how the sets interconnect to something bigger, granted back in the day the size of the sets we get with two combined was the norm, but I can't imagine a 200usd all pirates sets other than a ship, Lego needs those bases they use to have in old forts.

Well, a shopmanager told me TLG stopped producing blue baseplates. So it would surprise me if they start producing bases with hight differences.. Now I think about it the last of those special bases I saw in a set was alteady a few years ago (but I can be wrong ofcourse)

Friendsified!... I see what you did there.

It's not a title I chose myself. One of the moderators did it to tease me one time I complained about my perceived uglynes of a Friends-coloured forum theme they ran with for some months. pirate_tong.gif

I love this new Pirates theme. Amazing colors, very crisp designs, and extremely fun. Great job Lego. Two thumbs way up from me. pirate_classic.gif

I have little experience with "bricks and pieces", but I guess someone here has more pir_laugh2.gif

I have looked for the "shako" piece now for weeks, but it is always sold out pirate_sceptic.gif

1. Is there a system to when they add pieces or is it random?

2. Do they add a few pieces of one part often or many seldom (I would guess the latter)?

3. Is it possible to get free shipping on the order or combine it with a Lego set to qualify for it?

You can't get free shipping on B&P, but the shipping is very cheap so it is no worries. I just ordered another 15 shakos yesterday. I hope they have that many. It has the piece number 2545.

Edit: Or did you mean the printed shako? That one is definitely sold out. 2545 is the old unprinted one.

Edited by Sigolf Brimabane

Edit: Or did you mean the printed shako? That one is definitely sold out. 2545 is the old unprinted one.

While the printed shake is not available online I was able to order 8 of them by calling.

Has anyone heard any rumours wether the pirates theme will be continued?

Has anyone heard any rumours wether the pirates theme will be continued?

I'd like to know if we'll get a Pirates advent calendar this year

Maybe just2good could help us with that

Edited by Robert8

I wouldn't count on it, with Lego's Institutional ADD--pretty much the future of LEGO Pirates looks to be "rehash the same basic group of sets every 6-7 years, with no expansion beyond that".

Pity, as there's a whole bigger world out there, but even the smallest ship capable of crossing an ocean on her own would still be impractically big for LEGO to produce; even 10210 is more the size of a cutter or a very small gun-brig. (Which actually makes her over-sailed for her size; it was rare for anything under 90' Length on Gun Deck/Main Deck to carry more than two masts. (Three = Ship-rig; Two = Brig or Ketch rig, depending if the layout is Foremast-Mainmast or Mainmast-Mizzenmast.)

It won't happen.

Yeah, we don't need just2good to tell us that much.

So no news for an UCS? :D :D :D

If any News to be out, then probably by August/September

Edited by VintageLegoEra

I just can't wait!!! All the evidence is there that they would be doing a UCS set next year!!! :cannon:

I have it on relatively good terms that there is a definite pirate themed UCS. The biggest ever next year... I keep coming back here to find out the details. Its killing me waiting. I am still annoyed there wasn't any small solider sets in this release. (Pirate survival / soldiers arsenal from 2009)

I have it on relatively good terms that there is a definite pirate themed UCS. The biggest ever next year... I keep coming back here to find out the details. Its killing me waiting. I am still annoyed there wasn't any small solider sets in this release. (Pirate survival / soldiers arsenal from 2009)

I will definately need to get that UCS set. I wonder what it will be? A large pirate ship? I would want one to finally rival the Imperial Flagship. Mind you then I would also like an even larger Imperial flagship!

Or.....perhaps a large fortress? Or perhaps even an island?

I am excited

Just gonna pop in and point out that "UCS" doesn't really apply to themes like Pirates—it really only refers to large-scale replicas of vehicles or characters from movie licenses.

The term you're looking for is "D2C", or "Direct to Consumer". That's the term for any (generally large and expensive) set sold primarily through Lego's official channels like the Lego online shop or Lego Brand Retail, including sets like the Creator Expert series as well as themed sets like the Haunted House, Medieval Market Village, or Imperial Flagship.