Yawgmoth

2015 LEGO Pirates Rumors and Discussion

It is a real pity that new sets don't have a golden coins or even golden bars like in Pirates of the Caribbean - I'dont know why they decided to remove it, especially that in the prelim pics there were a golden bars in the chest at brick bounty. In my opinion the golden coins were a hallmark of the whole lego Pirtates series and the crytals do not replace it. Also I don't like that cannons - they don't have a wheels, sad. However the good point is that the ship has an anchor.

Edited by Tobiasz

in the prelim pics there were a golden bars in the chest at brick bounty.

In my opinion the golden coins were a hallmark of the whole lego Pirtates series and the crystals do not replace it.

I agree: no gold = no pirates!

That would be really bad.pirate_hmpf.gif

I am currently buying the recent castle battlepack (blue) because in their treasure chest you find a gold ingot and golden coins! pir_laugh2.gifpir_laugh2.gifpir_laugh2.gif

Edited by Captain Braunsfeld

The instructions are up!

Great thx, they look awesome.

It is a real pity that new sets don't have a golden coins or even golden bars like in Pirates of the Caribbean - I'dont know why they decided to remove it,

^snip

Yes i agree, don´t understand why TLG choose to do this. Gems are good but pirates love gold and coins pirate_sing.gif Yarr Where´s my gold pirate_satisfied.gif

Btw I ordered the pirates junior set from S@H.fi, should get it wednesday.

EDIT: Hey look, I hit the 1000 post count pirate_laugh_new.gif

Edited by Mencot

Yes I could do that, If not anybody else upload images of it before me.

Thanks a lot Jodawill for the instructions!!!

Brick bounty is a really bad set. Deck is empty with only 2 cannons that haven't moving mechanism. Brickbeard's bounty cannons had wheels at least. Sterncastle has only one door while Brickbeard's bounty had 2 doors instead. That ship is much worse than Brickbeard's Bounty, and Brickbeard's bounty was much worse than old BSB and SES.

About Soldiers fort is a bad set too. Jail lacks of a wall so the prisoner could escape easily. the soldiers fort of 2009 was much better...jail was complete at least! And of course, both 2009 and 2015 forts are much worse than old Eldorado Fortress or Imperial Trading Post. I miss the really good pirate sets.

In any case, I'll buy the other new sets, the other sets look nice at least.

Brickbeard's bounty cannons had wheels at least. ...That ship is much worse than Brickbeard's Bounty, and Brickbeard's bounty was much worse than old BSB and SES.

Well, to get cannons with wheels we wil have to buy 70409 multiple times...

What is worse for me is that the overall look and appearance of the ship is a bit disappointing. It is a remake that lacks the charm of the 90s ships. (This is, I agree with you, Captain Roger)

Not buying it, however, will not be an option pirate_classic.gif

(.... don't make it bad, take a sad ship and make it better!)

Buy 70409 multiple times is a good idea, because 2009/2015 cannons looks better than 1989-1997 cannons. I replaced SES, BSB, Imperial Trading Post and Rock Island refuge cannons with 2009 cannons some years ago, but my Skull Island and my Eldorado fortress have old cannons yet. Now I have a chance to replace them. You are right about someone can buy 70409 4 times and put 4 cannons with wheels in Brick Bounty's deck, but i won't. I already have Brickbeard's bounty, and Brick's bounty is only a worse version of that 2009 set.

(.... don't make it bad, take a sad ship and make it better!)

Well, I don't usually build MOCS, but I'd prefer make Brickbeard's bounty better than buy Brick's Bounty to make it better

I just built the bounty in LDD... because I was bored ;)

I must say, the bounty is ok-ish, I like the extending plank from the side but am not a fan of the masts from the Lego juniors Redbeards Pirate Ship being used, the 2x4 base worries me somewhat from the reviews I have read on that ship. The hidden pirate chest is a neat touch, much more secure then tossing the chest in an empty cabin! lol I found the 1x2 cheese slopes as instructed in the cannon ports would not let me place the cannons unless I turned the cheese slopes around. It's the first pirate series ship that has the clipped stern that the Lego Black Pearl has which makes it stand out a little, plus or minus? Eh... It's up for debate.

It looks like a ship built in the same shipyard by the same men as Brickbeards Bounty but it is different enough. Still don't like the look of the masts... but I still can't wait to buy one or two.

Chris

Edit: if someone has a place to put the lxf file I can email it to them heh.

Edited by clm

As I said above there are no coins and also no monkeys and parrots (only one in treasure island) in new sets. I not to mention such things like compass and ropes which was in every pirate ship in past, but in spite of all I think the overall design of brick bounty is better than brickbeard's bounty - it has yards built by technic axle - the brickbeard bounty used that horrible hose parts. Also the sails are better attached. The big minus is that there is only one door and cannons don't have a wheels. But the minifigs are awesome, although they should finally come up with a new capitan - the present captain is only a bit modernized version of the classic redbeard which is also good but it unsatisfied me.

First off, its been a long while since I was on here but glad to be back again.

I was disappointed at seeing what is offered after hearing of the re release, especially when the bluecoats are coming back. You'd think they would try and live up to their former standard. The minifigs might be the best part.

If nothing else I definitely want to rebuild the old sets I have!

Thanks a lot Jodawill for the instructions!!!

Brick bounty is a really bad set. Deck is empty with only 2 cannons that haven't moving mechanism. Brickbeard's bounty cannons had wheels at least. Sterncastle has only one door while Brickbeard's bounty had 2 doors instead. That ship is much worse than Brickbeard's Bounty, and Brickbeard's bounty was much worse than old BSB and SES.

About Soldiers fort is a bad set too. Jail lacks of a wall so the prisoner could escape easily. the soldiers fort of 2009 was much better...jail was complete at least! And of course, both 2009 and 2015 forts are much worse than old Eldorado Fortress or Imperial Trading Post. I miss the really good pirate sets.

In any case, I'll buy the other new sets, the other sets look nice at least.

Yeah, I'm not impressed with any of these sets. I'm especially not impressed with the ship after seeing the instructions. I think this will go down in history as the worst pirate ship ever (from the main theme).

This entire wave reeks of juniorization. I could forgive this if the minifigures were spared. But these new minifigures have a very non-Lego like, cartoony air about them. I'm not a fan. I would love them very much if each of these was done in the older style. I will probably buy the torsos in bulk and buy the old faces and bandanas. I might not even buy the sets. I'll just buy a few of the parts in bulk.

Buy 70409 multiple times is a good idea, because 2009/2015 cannons looks better than 1989-1997 cannons. I replaced SES, BSB, Imperial Trading Post and Rock Island refuge cannons with 2009 cannons some years ago, but my Skull Island and my Eldorado fortress have old cannons yet. Now I have a chance to replace them. You are right about someone can buy 70409 4 times and put 4 cannons with wheels in Brick Bounty's deck, but i won't. I already have Brickbeard's bounty, and Brick's bounty is only a worse version of that 2009 set.

Strange. I greatly prefer the old dark gray cannons. I especially like the ones with the emblems on them. I don't like the pearl dark gray. It doesn't look like a Lego color to me. I have dozens of the new one. I would gladly trade all of them with you for old dark gray.

jodawill1989 at gmail dot com

I can host it from my server.

I just built the bounty in LDD... because I was bored ;)

I must say, the bounty is ok-ish, I like the extending plank from the side but am not a fan of the masts from the Lego juniors Redbeards Pirate Ship being used, the 2x4 base worries me somewhat from the reviews I have read on that ship. The hidden pirate chest is a neat touch, much more secure then tossing the chest in an empty cabin! lol I found the 1x2 cheese slopes as instructed in the cannon ports would not let me place the cannons unless I turned the cheese slopes around. It's the first pirate series ship that has the clipped stern that the Lego Black Pearl has which makes it stand out a little, plus or minus? Eh... It's up for debate.

It looks like a ship built in the same shipyard by the same men as Brickbeards Bounty but it is different enough. Still don't like the look of the masts... but I still can't wait to buy one or two.

Chris

http://jodawill.com/BrickBounty.lxf

Yeah yeah.. color was wrong in the first one.. and a couple other things :)

in v2

The parts next to the ship will not fit into the ship:

-the red notched axle 2 will not go far enough into mast top in the bowsprit to allow the angled Technic connector to fit at the same time as the two light gray 2x2 inverted slopes.

-the chest is supposed to go in the hidden hatch under the table with the bottle on it in the main cabin but I left it out for.. um.. so you could see it?

-the one cannon in the hull only fits because I turned the cheese block in the one gun port around, otherwise the cannons would not fit even at max elevation.

-the 4 dark tan round plates at the intersection of the masts "6096108" had to be substituted with 2x2 plates and 2x2 corner plates as it did not exist in LDD

-I did not model the rowboat or the minifigs... people know what they look like :p

As I said above there are no coins and also no monkeys and parrots (only one in treasure island) in new sets.

I not to mention such things like compass and ropes which was in every pirate ship in past, but in spite of all

But the minifigs are awesome, although they should finally come up with a new capitan - the present captain is only a bit modernized version of the classic redbeard which is also good but it unsatisfied me.

Yepp, no compass and ropes.

I bought some of those using Bricklink because we will obviously not see a new source of supply.

The minifigs: That is the most interesting part. (As I said: A bicorne in blue - wonderful!)

I think you guys are a bit harsh with those sets.I do agree with JODAWILL about the "juniorization" term,those sets do indeed look kidish,but still it's the best we got since 2009 and that's something if you ask me,better than anything.And since in 2017 the next POTC movie comes out,one can hope we'll get better ships.(Even thought I'm completely fine with Brick Bounty)

Btw are there any clearer pictures of the sets??

Edited by LOTR34

And since in 2017 the next POTC movie comes out,one can hope we'll get better ships.

Well, that is good news!

still it's the best we got since 2009 and that's something if you ask me,better than anything.

That is, of course, right. We could also be in a situation where we get nothing (like 2014).

That is, of course, right. We could also be in a situation where we get nothing (like 2014).

Well you're forgeting the not-so-pirate ship of Metall Beard's from The Lego Movie pirate_laugh2.gif

I like the use of the space beneath the cabin in the Brick Bounty, better than just having it as empty space. And the cubby next to the Treasure Island is cute, although there doesn't seem to be any treasure it which is odd. Maybe it's there to store the map?

I had been holding judgement on the Brick Bounty versus Brickbeard's Bounty, but yes, it is actually worse. There is no decoration at the back of the ship, the cannons are not on wheels and the lack of a second door holds no design purpose. I get that it's supposed to be some kind of... balcony? But two round bricks and a tile do not make a balcony. Even without comparing the models in hand, just by looking at the instructions I can see that the Brickbeard's Bounty is richer in detail. The secret hole under the cabin and the inclusion of an anchor don't compensate for the failings.

Like a lot of other disappointed AFOLS I was probably going to get the ship anyway, but I'm having second thoughts... I might wait to see if there a good D2C set later on. I'm quite happy with my minimalist D2C Castle layout with only the MMV and the KJ, maybe I could be satisfied with only D2C Pirate sets from now on?

I like the use of the space beneath the cabin in the Brick Bounty, better than just having it as empty space. ...

I am doing something like this in all of my ships...

... and the lack of a second door holds no design purpose. I get that it's supposed to be some kind of... balcony? But two round bricks and a tile do not make a balcony.

Yes, it is a cheap balcony. But a balcony it is (said Yoda).

Confirmed delivery dates of a little local german shop:

Junior-set 05th February

Mainline: 25th March