Yawgmoth

2015 LEGO Pirates Rumors and Discussion

Even if these are rehashes, it doesn't matter. People like me didn't get any of the 2009 sets, plus having the Bluecoats available now, will be an interesting change. I welcome it. I will definitely pick up the entire wave, which doesn't happen too often.

I really like Treasure Island. The new crocodile is great, and the use of the stud-shooters for mini cannons is really cool.

It's also nice that the sets connect to each other. I also like how they have a sawfish instead of the traditional shark in the Brick Bounty set.

The silhouettes in the background, as others have pointed out, remind me of 2009's pirate wave, where the silhouette of 10210 Imperial Flagship was in the background of Brickbeard's Bounty...

I'll probably get Treasure Island, Soldier's Fort and Soldier's Outpost.

I love Treasure Island. That brickbuilt skull rock screams classic LEGO. I'm not too sure about the rest of the line. There seems to be a large piece gap between the Pirate Ship and the rest of the sets. I would have liked to see 400-500 piece pirate hideout.

This is wishful thinking, but I would really like to get a merchant ship, like a Dutch fluyt or something.

Edited by Steven

Thsi is wishful thinking, but I would really like to get a merchant ship, like a Dutch fluyt or something.

I want to buy the pirate ship, and then mod it to a merchant ship as well. I was thinking of a VOC like ship.

So, it's going to be just Treasure Island for me...

- New crocodile mould

- Blue Jacket Soldier

- Great female pirate minifigure

- New bandana mould

- Nice recolor of the S9 Fortune Teller hairpiece

The whole line looks kinda meh to me. All the sets are simpler than what I expected

Edited by Robert8

I like some of the parts in the sets (like the dark red "brick" bricks) but the minifigs aren't that good and the set designs seem lifted straight from the last run of Pirates sets...

I cant find it now but I swear that at one point there was some sort of vote where people were picking orange flag designs for something in the future, whatever happened to that?

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=98485 this is where we vote for the flag

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=94196 this is the overview page for the whole project

Having just got back into Lego earlier this year, I'm glad they are rehashing the Pirates theme. It was one of my favorites growing up and these new 2015 sets look pretty awesome. I can't wait to pick up a Brick Bounty or two, and possibly merge them to make a larger ship.

Also, I can't wait to get my hands on that new crocodile, a must have.

I'm still not sure if I should by some of the Sets or not.

The Brick Bounty is quite okay, but I don't like the Skull on the sails.

The other Sets are fair but not great -but on the other hand I really like some of the bricks and especially some of the Pirate Minifigs.

I'm still not sure if I should by some of the Sets or not.

The Brick Bounty is quite okay, but I don't like the Skull on the sails.

The other Sets are fair but not great -but on the other hand I really like some of the bricks and especially some of the Pirate Minifigs.

Well, we're still months away from when the sets are even out. No one needs to come to a decision this far in advance. Why not wait until the sets are out, the instructions are available, and people have reviewed the set thoroughly?

Seeing the pics now i quite like the look of the line. Would personally prefer the sails to be just stripes but there we are. Would be great to see an opposition ship and a large Island set, i guess if these do well then that may happen in further waves.

Does feel a little chicken and egg though, if those sets existed i think they would sell, by not existing sales will be lower and so they may never exist! Whatever the case, good to have some pirates back.

I kinda want them all. I was always very envious of people with pirate ships growing up (I only had a couple of the small pirate sets) and now that I decided to start collecting again, I am really pleased the pirate theme is back. My only dilemma (well one of them) is that I popped into one of my local lego-selling shops today and found they had Brickbeard's bounty for sale and and now I not sure if I will be able to wait for the new releases... decisions, decisions!

I kinda want them all. I was always very envious of people with pirate ships growing up (I only had a couple of the small pirate sets) and now that I decided to start collecting again, I am really pleased the pirate theme is back. My only dilemma (well one of them) is that I popped into one of my local lego-selling shops today and found they had Brickbeard's bounty for sale and and now I not sure if I will be able to wait for the new releases... decisions, decisions!

They still have Brickbeard's Bounty?? Get it, for sure! Don't hesitate! :o

Hmmm the store I saw it in is in Norway, they seem to carry a lot of lego, more than most stores, although they only had the one ship on display from the pirate theme, but they may have more hidden away, I will ask.

Not sure if this has already been mentioned but the new palm tree design looks awful - technic pieces? Wish the original palm tree trunk shapes were included but in lighter brown colours.

Not sure if this has already been mentioned but the new palm tree design looks awful - technic pieces? Wish the original palm tree trunk shapes were included but in lighter brown colours.

There is a reason why Treasure Island uses the new design. It is possible that Soldiers Fort used it for conformity. While I'm not a real fan of the tree as it is, it does provide pieces to give variety to your tree building collection. Also the tree from Soldiers Fort lays a good foundation for modding the leafy section of a palm. So while I do hope they haven't done away with the old palm trunk, I'm not really upset with the new design.

No news on polybags yet - we typically don't know about them until they start to pop up in LEGO.com's replacement parts database. If I recall correctly this year's polybags didn't turn up until January.