Yawgmoth

2015 LEGO Pirates Rumors and Discussion

Exactly. One with the narrow hull would be great. Obviously that would require making some new parts, as the old ones are no longer in use.

Funny how we always want what we can't get. I remember when the original Imperial Flagship came out in the 90s, I absolutely hated the fact that it had a narrow version of the hull I was used to. This attitude obviously changed with time and now I consider it to be one of the best ships out there. And today I'd be over the moon if they released something with a similar hull :-)

all of this. I didnt have any ships when i was younger, and now I keep trying to nab a reasonably priced imperial flagship. I think its one of the best proportioned ships lego's ever released.

Well, at least the ship is not bad.....the rest of the sets seem a little on the thin side as compared to the last wave.

Though only 4 regular sets might just mean I could add these to my collection. pirate_wink.gif

I'll at least get one of each sets, including the junior set. Possibly multiples of soldiers' outpost and shipwreck defense. I've only got one redcoat and a few revolutionary soldiers though xD I might have to get me some of them Lobsters!

To be honest, when I first saw the old images, I was certain they were fake. These are REALLY similar to past Pirate lines. Looking back though, a lot of the stuff from 2009 was also really similar to past Pirate stuff. I guess LEGO likes to update their Pirates line, rather than expand it...

But theres really nothing wrong with that. I love this new stuff. Can't wait for better pictures!

I really like the junior set, it has so many useful parts. It looks like it has a different pirate flag than the other sets!

Is that a new map tile in the Juniors set? And does that new map tile (or any other new map tiles) appear in the other sets?

Looks like they're going for a Classic Pirates feel, reminiscent of the original Pirates theme. Just look at those moustaches! The torso printing! The partially simplistic white buildings! And the... swordfish... which never really seemed especially threatening to me.

Hmmm... I wish they'd stop putting skull printing on things that didn't look like minifigure skulls. It just kind of ruins the look. They did it on Castle shields, too. Get this: Both of those are LEGO themes... and yet they minifigurized the skull tattoos on Drax's minifigure from Guardians of the Galaxy?

IMHO, the highlight of this line are the minifigs. The ship looks nice but not great, and the other sets look just meh. My fave is the Junior set.

I like some of the parts in the sets (like the dark red "brick" bricks) but the minifigs aren't that good and the set designs seem lifted straight from the last run of Pirates sets...

I cant find it now but I swear that at one point there was some sort of vote where people were picking orange flag designs for something in the future, whatever happened to that?

I think I we are getting the classic old map in the Brick Bounty set. :) The only thing I feel is missing in the sets are the big panel pieces from 2009. Those would have made it look more substantial. Otherwise I don't think that there is any difference in the quality of the sets. Cool minifigs too. I don't know what to say about the bandanas until I have them in my hand (hook? xD), otherwise I can get some old ones.

Argh, this be making me confused!

I never finished collecting the last pirate series, and I've slowly been trying to over Bricklink, but then the series gets rereleased, wondering if I should abandon collecting the 2009(?) series and just pick up this or what?

So, I looked at the December 2014 Store Catalog for the U.S. and I saw the following at the bottom of the first page:

Coming in January:

Get brand new LEGO® sets in your favorite themes!

...and the following themes listed:

LEGO Star Wars

LEGO The LEGO Movie

LEGO Friends

LEGO Disney Princess

I wonder if this mean that Pirates will be out later than January in the U.S....

I'm confused by the fact this is on the front page right now. The images were leaked a long time ago. Is TLG finally giving EB permission to promote them?

So, I looked at the December 2014 Store Catalog for the U.S. and I saw the following at the bottom of the first page:

Coming in January:

Get brand new LEGO® sets in your favorite themes!

...and the following themes listed:

LEGO Star Wars

LEGO The LEGO Movie

LEGO Friends

LEGO Disney Princess

I wonder if this mean that Pirates will be out later than January in the U.S....

For some reason I was thinking March or April for the release date.

As stated, the sets look decent. I didn't have any of the 2009 sets since I was still in the dark. So I will definitely pick these up. I like the prices that were stated somewhere (rumored?). The builds look decent enough. I really like the figure line up. I can't wait to amass a large army.

With Pirates and Super Heroes being must buys, it's going to be an expensive year. So far 2012 has been my biggest year yet. 2013/2014 were pretty lackluster overall price wise...

Looks good! I like the pirate male torso, very similar to the classic look. The female pirate with the eyepatch looks like she will be a good figure. I saw that crocodile in the LEGO club magazine, but was unsure where it would come in with printing like that. So here it is.

Thanks for the find!

Wow! Thanks, mate, for the find! Looking good, figures resemble the classics a lot... and, hey, that opening mechanism is sweet. Prices in Euro are... bearable.

Anyone notice the THREE masted ship in the background (same as on the box of 'The Brick Bounty')? And it's got its 'last' mast right on top of the captain's cabin... just like on the old CC... If talking remake, this could be the highlight. Probably just dreaming here...

Thanks again for finding and posting thumbup.gif

You´re all welcomepir_laugh2.gif

One thing is bothering me a bit, it says "set will be released in April"! I know s@h has most sets a bit earlier than other retailers but even the upcoming SW sets are listed on that page for Januarypirate_cry4.gif

Hmm, looks really nice!

On that page it says they are not available until April :(((( I want the sets now!

Edit: Sorry, had not refreshed the page before I wrote this comment, so what I said has already been said...

Edited by Sigolf Brimabane

Hmmm... I wish they'd stop putting skull printing on things that didn't look like minifigure skulls. It just kind of ruins the look. They did it on Castle shields, too. Get this: Both of those are LEGO themes... and yet they minifigurized the skull tattoos on Drax's minifigure from Guardians of the Galaxy?

I suspect it's for pure nostalgia value. They tried minifigure-izing the Jolly Roger with the 2009 Pirates, (which was really too goofy) and did a much better job with Metalbeard's hat recently. (A version of this also appeared in the Ninjago TV show; making one wonder how long that design has been floating around.) By all rights, this should have been what was used for the new Pirates...but they decided to go with a more human-looking skull. Makes no sense whatsoever, but I can't argue with the results--it just takes me right back to the 90s.

I mean, the same thing can be said about those flags. LEGO can make and has made many flag elements that are better than printing flags on a giant white plastic square. It's awkward and fake looking and they break far too easily. The 2009 plastic flags weren't bad, and the 1996 fabric flags were pretty darn cool. But again--nostalgia wins over all.

(Incidentally, it's incredibly odd that the 1989 flags had a human-shaped skull on them at all. There was an intense debate going on when the sets were designed--there was a school of thought that noting representing death should be in LEGO sets at all. That delayed the introduction of the minifigure skeleton for years, and nearly led to the Pirates flying a plain black flag. So you'd think it would have been a minifigure-like skull from the start, if anything.)

Is anyone having second thoughts about those bandanas? I know they seemed jarring initially because they have such a different silhouette from the classic design, but there seems to be a lot of cool detail that wasn't apparent from the first set of pictures...

TC