Yawgmoth

2015 LEGO Pirates Rumors and Discussion

Yeah, I don't have 'em, and if I get them I'd have to clear it up with LEGO. Sorry guys. :sad:

Edited by just2good

I'm honestly in no rush to see more pics. I am happy that were getting more Pirate sets next year and when more pics come out I will see them, but I'm not holding onto the edge of my seat clicking the refresh button for the new leaked pictures to surface.

Yeah, I don't have 'em, and if I get them I'd have to clear it up with LEGO. Sorry guys. :sad:

What happened? Are you being made to walk off the plank?

TLG hates AFOLS ever since The Lego Movie. Hell, that movie was fufing Anti-Afol!

What? No it wasn't. Heck, many of the people who worked on it were AFOLs, and a great deal of AFOLs loved it. If you think it was anti-AFOL because of The Man Upstairs... well, you must have missed the end, where he reconciles his differences with his son and joins him in play. From my perspective, the only AFOLs it denigrates are the kind who, like The Man Upstairs before his reformation, are so in denial about the fact that they're playing with a children's toy that they view Lego as an adult hobby with no room for children or fun in general. And given my experience of the community, that's a valuable lesson for certain members of the AFOL community to get.

Anyway, that aside... Lego isn't "anti-AFOL" for trying to stop the spread of images that were never supposed to be shared publicly yet. They've been doing that for years, because they don't need to be giving their competitors any ideas or letting hype build up prematurely and then deflate by the actual release date.

Anyway, that aside... Lego isn't "anti-AFOL" for trying to stop the spread of images that were never supposed to be shared publicly yet. They've been doing that for years, because they don't need to be giving their competitors any ideas or letting hype build up prematurely and then deflate by the actual release date.

This man speaks the truth. My misjudgment assumed that any final pictures = fine to be shared publicly, but this is not true.

What happened? Are you being made to walk off the plank?

:grin:

Here are a couple of new renders I have made for some new sets...

The first is of 70409: Shipwreck Defense:

AM0C0zg.png

The next is a comparison of 6243: Brickbeard's Bounty and the new 70413: The Brick Bounty:

pa1Loft.jpg

There was a lot of guess work involved with 70413 and the cabin and aft of the ship (like the rudder) are incomplete.

I hope people like them.

Please let me know if I shouldn't be posting these here and I'll cut it out.

That looks really good, thanks. And i don´t mind if you post them but then again I don´t have anything to say in that matter.

From your "ofcourse some guess work" this 2015 ship looks better then the 2009, ofcourse the diffrence isn´t big and I understand if people owning the 2009 will skip this one.

But I will get it, never got any of the big ships. So it is about time pirate_wink.gif

Thanks for the renders. I actually think this new ship looks better after seeing it this way. It's slowly winning me over - though I still think it's too similar to the last one. And I want a new parrot!

From your "ofcourse some guess work" this 2015 ship looks better then the 2009, ofcourse the diffrence isn´t big and I understand if people owning the 2009 will skip this one.

In fact, I do think the ships are pretty different after building this in LDD.

While there are some common build techniques for ships used between the two, there are also a lot of small and big differences.

Some obvious ones include not using the stem parts for the aft of the ship, not using the stern part at the top of the bow, new parts for the masts (which I had to fake), placement of the bowsprit, and a new crow's nest.

Personally, I like the newer ship's construction but am not as fond of the color choices right now.

Perhaps that will change over time...

Hmm... Not sure at all what ship to like more... I think they were more generous with the 2009 ship with those windows for example. But I don't own that one, so I will get the new one, if not for the design so at least for the cannons (I own no new ones) and the hull pieces (and of course the figures).

Thanks again, Lomis, especially for the comparison of the two ships. That helps a lot thumbup.gif (really looking forward to 70413 now)

Here are a couple of new renders I have made for some new sets...

The first is of 70409: Shipwreck Defense:

The next is a comparison of 6243: Brickbeard's Bounty and the new 70413: The Brick Bounty:

There was a lot of guess work involved with 70413 and the cabin and aft of the ship (like the rudder) are incomplete.

I hope people like them.

Please let me know if I shouldn't be posting these here and I'll cut it out.

Thank you for doing the renders. It's nice to see what might be the differences. (Assuming there are no changes before it actually hits the store shelves.) I think I'll wait to see if there is a blue coat imperial ship before buying the pirate ship. I missed the ships in 2009.

I think the renders are probably OK since you're not posting leaked photos (LEGO property) but what you imagine to be the final product. It would be along the lines of fan art.

70413 The Brick Bounty

post-273-0-32113300-1415014024_thumb.jpg

post-273-0-73731600-1415014041_thumb.jpg

70412 Soldiers Fort

post-273-0-50106000-1415014059_thumb.jpg

post-273-0-03458400-1415014076_thumb.jpg

70410 Soldiers Outpost

post-273-0-19385600-1415014113_thumb.jpg

post-273-0-04052200-1415014159_thumb.jpg

70409 Shipwreck Defense

post-273-0-99056800-1415014187_thumb.jpg

post-273-0-65629300-1415014205_thumb.jpg

10679 Treasure Hunt

post-273-0-97880300-1415014221_thumb.jpg

post-273-0-89106100-1415014239_thumb.jpg

Honestly, I'm not really sure about this line. It feels like a half-megablocked remake of the latest theme. I mean the ship is cool, and I'll pick up some sets but they feel lack luster. The soldiers' fort is basically a slimmed down version of the last fort. With it being (most likely) $30 USD, and that meh price-parts ratio, I'm hesitant on getting it. I have the last one and that was $50, but it was a great buy, IMO. I will give the line this though, the minifigures look very good.

I agree that the minifigures look great! I like the remakes of the classic torsos with the proper color for the torso base (ability to print white over blue means the coat can actually be blue!).

I will probably be getting some of the sets for the new bluecoats, but I also think the sets seem a little bit over simplified.

Why can't we get a small/meduim sized 50$ ship?

Exactly. One with the narrow hull would be great. Obviously that would require making some new parts, as the old ones are no longer in use.

Funny how we always want what we can't get. I remember when the original Imperial Flagship came out in the 90s, I absolutely hated the fact that it had a narrow version of the hull I was used to. This attitude obviously changed with time and now I consider it to be one of the best ships out there. And today I'd be over the moon if they released something with a similar hull :-)