Yawgmoth

2015 LEGO Pirates Rumors and Discussion

so we got the pics, awesome. definitely the figs and the parts are the stars of the sets. going back to classic looking figs is a move that i didn't expect Lego to make but i am glad that they made it. i am sure that lots of long time AFOLs will love the figs and i will enjoy collecting pirates figs for the first time! the builds still seem insubstantial but surprisingly i am liking the soldiers outpost. sadly there seems to be no evidence that it attaches to the soldiers fort, maybe i will just buy both and moc a small fort. anyway thanks just2good for the pics, i hope you find some missing set pics like skull island (is that what it is called?) and braniac attack soon. feel better. :pir-sweet:

Actually, if you look, you could see that there are steps on the side of both the fort and outpost, and on the fort, there is a pin. In the outpost, you can't see the hole because of the box.

Well, the finals are definitely better than the prelims, and J2G was right, the minifigs are really the high point. I think the new bandanna mold was unnecessary for sure. And I'm with most folks in thinking the Soldiers Fort is a little lacking, just means I'll have to buy 2 or three and MOC something better pir_laugh2.gif. I'm OK with the ship, it certainly looks like it's worth getting, though I didn't get the BBB so I can't compare it to that.

I do hope that this is a move back to more classic styles and that there are more waves!

I really hope that LEGO makes a big ship like the imperial, but for these soldiers. Even if it's a pirate ship, I'll still probably get it, because I definitely won't get the Brick Bounty, it looks WAY too junior-esque. Oh well, at least I'll still get the outpost and fort. I wasn't able to get the old Imperial Flagship.

Great looking sets overall. The figures look good. We should end up with a fair number of soldiers and pirates. Although doesn't seem to be too much variation.

I like the updated print of the bluecoats, although I like the dark blue Revolutionary Soldier more. These will be a nice addition. I would have preferred red epaulettes though. Those are hard to come by for a good price anymore.

Isn't white epaulettes on a bluecoat historically Danish? I know very little of any of this, but I thought I read that somewhere before.

Can't wait to pick these up. There are too many new full waves I want to buy every set from next year.

I think (from poor knowledge) that the Danish wore redcoats, with no epaulettes (at least the grenadiers I think) I honestly wouldn't be surprised if I was wrong.

Edited by Slurpifier

I am looking forward to getting some bluecoats and the smaller sets. I was lacking at the last Tournament of Retribution. :classic:

I am on the fence with the ship. I'll wait for a Eurobricks RA review.

The ship is almost the same as the preliminary photo. The rest are better..

Yea I agree,I also wanted to ask you if you have seen the skull island pics(the finalized version) Edited by LOTR343

Thank you all for the support! Feeling much better health wise today than the past few days but I'm not fully recovered yet.

Anyways, here's an album of the pics: http://imgur.com/a/K5TPR

I was out earlier today and will be out later, but keep an eye out on the channel! :wink:

No Skull Island at the moment.

Edited by just2good

Why do they keep doing red/white sails? What about black sails like the logo suggests.

Is that a new sawfish I see? At least the head part. Printed eyes and longer saw???

I love the Shipwreck Defense. Such a simple, but nice looking build. Also, dem minfigs!

Agreed but the white bandana is out of place,they could have given him I don't know a green one??(it would fit better) Edited by LOTR343

Agreed but the white bandana is out of place,they could have given him I don't know a green one??(it would fit better)

One of my friends (crazylegoman) said that white bandana looks like a diaper. I think he's right. pir_laugh2.gif

Great sets, great figs - I especially love the variety of the bluecoats (+the female soldier pirate_satisfied.gif ) I'll be buying all of these!

I love the new soldiers. Now I can do a proper Disney's Zorro. I will probably get several of each of the smaller sets.

I'm not into Pirates, but I have to admit that these sets do look good. The Juniors one is dangerously tempting.

I think the new bandanna is supposed to look taut across the minifig's head. Not sure whether I prefer it or the old one.

Thanks for the pics, just2good. pirate_blush.gif

The final sets are indeed much improved from the preliminaries - they do have a nice classic look to them. I'm not disturbed by the new bandana - a bit of variety never hurts when outfitting a scurvey crew. I'm a little surprised that the scabard that debuted in Pirates of the Caribbean hasn't been utilised at all.

The Juniors set is a great little pack - exclusive pirate torso and map piece + a shark and what looks like a black chest...nice. I'm not that thrilled by the big ship - I have Queen Anne's Revenge which is enough for me. I'll probably pick up the fort as I didn't get that last time around and the female bluecoat and governor look nice. Overall some nice new minifigs for your pirate MOCs + some interesting new parts (eg a dark red brick brick) make this line decent in my book.

Edited by TeufelHund

These look great. I dig most everything about the new sets.

If I had to pick something I wasn't AS into; a "hick-up" in the line if you will, i'd have to say the palm trees.

But that's just my opinion. Maybe its just an odd color that i'm not used to yet.

I will probably be scoring all of these...

Agreed but the white bandana is out of place,they could have given him I don't know a green one??(it would fit better)

Yes, I agree. I don't like the use of the white bandanna on the pirates, but it looks nice on the cook. I like the red one much better for the pirates.

I've seen people saying that this new ship is the same as Brickbeard's Bounty, but I really don't see it. Sure, they have similar color schemes, but a side-by-side comparison shows plenty of differences.

Anyway, I love these minifigs--they fit in with the 2009 pirates while managing to be an incredible throwback to the earlier minifigs. I'm very impressed.

So the builds are more <insert that tiresome argument> than 2009. The figs more than make up for it, and some of the <insert that tiresome argument> builds are still pretty cool. I'll definitely be getting the Shipwreck Defense and the Soldiers Outpost.

It is kind of disappointing that the ship is mostly a rehash, but we have to remember who the target audience is for this stuff. LEGO's line of thinking is probably that the kids who had the Brickbeard's Bounty are now too old to be bothered by that kind of thing, and those that didn't weren't old enough at the time, but now they are and so it'll be a new experience.

These are growing on me more. I actually kind of like the ship. Yeah I wish we had some different sails, but I do like the color scheme of the ship. And I like that the price point puts it in range where this is not simply another AFOL ship but let's it be the first beloved Pirate ship of the next generation of scurvy dogs.