Yawgmoth

2015 LEGO Pirates Rumors and Discussion

Sorry to ask this again, but what colour was the pirate captain's coat? We've had a black one and a red one lately, I'm hoping for something different this time, to make all my pirate captains distinctive.

Sorry to ask this again, but what colour was the pirate captain's coat? We've had a black one and a red one lately, I'm hoping for something different this time, to make all my pirate captains distinctive.

His torso looks exactly like the classic Red Beard one! :wink:

His torso looks exactly like the classic Red Beard one! :wink:

So black coat with green underneath and a brown sash? I think that's different enough for what I've got to form a triumvirate of pirate captains.

Some of the pictures of 2015 sets are appearing on Brickset, hopefully this means the pictures of the rest of the sets won't be far off.

When looking at the Brickbeard's Bounty and the (preliminary) Brick Bounty side by side, it's the 2009 ship that actually looks more detailed. It has a lot more subtle decorative elements which the new ship seems to be missing. The much higher piece count of the new one seems really strange under the circumstances. Guess either the image is VERY preliminary or this ship has the most detailed interior of the captain's cabin we've ever seen. pirate_classic.gif

So black coat with green underneath and a brown sash? I think that's different enough for what I've got to form a triumvirate of pirate captains.

Some of the pictures of 2015 sets are appearing on Brickset, hopefully this means the pictures of the rest of the sets won't be far off.

Yep, 'cept a gold epaulette.

^ That actually looks better than the official one. :look:

That's because it's a blatant ripoff from a set in the 2009 Pirates lineup, which was of far better quality.

That's because it's a blatant ripoff from a set in the 2009 Pirates lineup, which was of far better quality.

Yep..from the set 6242.....

To me the pirate ship in 2015 is the ( Mannof the Match )

Well, to me as far as each new wave of Pirate sets goes, it's the ship that I always consider the, well, flagship of the entrire wave and its most important element. If the ship is great, and the other sets are just mediocre, then the series as a whole is at least pretty good. If the ship sucks and the rest is even very good, then I wouldn't rate the series anything above average. That's how I see it and I will use this standpoint when the new series is released as well. So if I like the final version of the ship, which I hope will be better than the prelims, I will still be overall content with this new wave, no matter how the other sets turn out. If I like them too - that's even better.

They did say they had seen the images too, but can't reveal their source.

The palm trees are a play feature. I think you push down on some of them to reveal something?? I don't know, that's what I read somewhere.

I didn't think they looked bad, but what do I know.

It will be interesting to see the final images. I am excited for more blue coats. And hopefully the pirate torsos will look good.

The palm trees are a play feature. I think you push down on some of them to reveal something?? I don't know, that's what I read somewhere.

In the Skull Island set, you push down on it to lift the skull I believe.

I didn't think they looked bad, but what do I know.

I don't think they look bad, per se, and they are a clever use of parts to some degree, but it only really worked in the Banana Balance set. They are quite obviously doing it solely to clear out old inventory, and say what you will about the one-piece palm trees, I think the majority of us would prefer that to this. It's not the worst time we've seen them clean out inventory, but when you already have a perfect piece for a palm tree joint, it's hard to understand why you would replace it. And then, take the one-piece replacement, and replace it with a tree that looks doesn't look like a real palm. It might make a nice mangrove tree, but not a palm.

@just2good: is there anything you personally were disappointed in from the older leaked photos that seems better in the newer ones you've seen? (Just grasping at straws to make us feel better...)

Im excited for this new line! I really love the reutrn of the bluecoats and the simplicity of the sets. Except for the fort, thats just to small, LEGO will not make much changes to that...

I bet the final images will be better.

For one, the Shipwreck Defense looks like one of the best army builders we'had so far. I always found it frustrating that those small sets with cannons seldom had the proper small wheels for the cannon - and this one does, so the cannon is basically ready to be transported to a proper sized Pirate or Imperal ship as it is, while in the past you often had to provide it with the right set of wheels before doing that. I will probably get multiple copies of that one, as I really am in need for more cannons - with wheels! pir_laugh2.gif

I honestly can't wait to see the pictures (take your time just2good) but I can't wait even more for the sets!

Having practically not bothered with the 2009 Pirate line at all, and giving away most of my 90s Pirates (and classic space) sets to my cousins, I'm hoping we get a 2nd wave with Red Coats or the Spanish Armada. One can dream, right?