Yawgmoth

2015 LEGO Pirates Rumors and Discussion

piratecove_zps4f656241.png

This is from the 'Behind The Scenes' video from the Lego Movie. I was hoping Pirate Cove would have more actual pirates, but we have two old pirates from the 2009 range, Disco Stu, The Flash, a witch, a mime... Medusa? And a couple of others I can't identify.

I was intrigued by the torso that Metalbeard is wearing, but it seems to be the Pirate Captain torso from the Collectible minifigures. So now we know how to make a complete Metalbeard minifig...

Edited by David Thomsen

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f71/thomsedavi/piratecove_zps4f656241.png

This is from the 'Behind The Scenes' video from the Lego Movie. I was hoping Pirate Cove would have more actual pirates, but we have two old pirates from the 2009 range, Disco Stu, The Flash, a witch, a mime... Medusa? And a couple of others I can't identify.

I was intrigued by the torso that Metalbeard is wearing, but it seems to be the Pirate Captain torso from the Collectible minifigures. So now we know how to make a complete Metalbeard minifig...

Bizarre crew... just like the movie itself. I should have known - I was hoping for some actual pirates, but so long as they dont appear in any TLM sets, we arent actually being missing out on any new pirates. The one on the extreme left looks like the cmf S1 magician. I guess some people will have an easy time manning their Sea Cow with previous collectable minifigs, should they choose to be accurate to the movie (something the movie itself kind of discourages...).

/\

I agree, a very bizarre crew… It looks like they have run out of ideas.

(Or they want to keep the future pirates torsos a secret)

I came across this screenshot from the Lego Pirates of the Caribbean game. I would really like these torsos, but they have never been released. I remember watching an interview about the game, and the host said something like "all mini figs from the game will be available in lego set form"

I dont recall these torsos being in any POTC set.

Can we expect to see them in future lego sets? I hope so.

(I would love a HMS interceptor, or the HMS Dauntless)

Link to Image:

http://86bb71d19d3bcb79effc-d9e6924a0395cb1b5b9f03b7640d26eb.r91.cf1.rackcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/admiral-norrington-lego-pirates-of-the-caribbean-character-screenshot.jpg

I dont recall these torsos being in any POTC set.

Can we expect to see them in future lego sets? I hope so.

(I would love a HMS interceptor, or the HMS Dauntless)

I agree, would love those sets. However do not think it likely. I Think the likelihood of getting those other really nice torso's is slim.

You likely already know this, but there are some reasonably close to your examples.

poc018.jpg?1poc005.jpg?1poc028.jpg?1

and the other figs not in POTC

col156.jpg?1973pb1312c01.jpg?1(Judge torso)

I do hope however that as this is the 25th aniversary of pirates. Something special comes along.

AB

Edited by Admiral Blockbeard

@Blockbeard

We can still hope… right? ;)

There will for sure be a ship set when the next POTC is released.

Some possibilities may be the ships I listed, or (if I recall correctly) didn't lego make the flying dutchman but never release it? I remember hearing that somewhere (or reading it)

Not this flying dutchman: 10638313-1351239823-796054.jpg

XD

As much as I want the Flying Dutchman I doubt we will see it. I only say this because no doubt there will be a new ship in the next POTC movie and Lego will want to concentrate on bringing that out.

Thanks for sharing this Louie! I've been waiting for more info on this set. I've tried to collect practically every "sailing" ship LEGO has made, but this one is still a really hard sell for me... especially cause of the high price point and the fact that I'm not all that great at MOCs...

Cool to see Benny's helmet is actually cracked! Been wondering that for a while now.

med_gallery_6705_159_4292080.jpg

Some of the parts I find most interesting... I do like the portrait of the classic Pirate Captain with classic parrot, even if it does seem to be a sticker. I'm glad to see the POTC globe being used again. But those two maps don't look like stickers to me... are they in any other sets?

I'd bricklink them for my pirate swag collection, but I imagine if they're unique to this set they'll reach a relatively high price for 2x2 printed tiles...

Also, what is that piece of equipment on the rear bench supposed to be?

It actually has 6 cannons (!), atleast I've seen a picture somewhere showing the gun deck).

A very pleasant surprise, 3 cannons on each side, I really did not expect this, this makes it the most heavely armed ship in the history of lego pirate ships pirate_oh.gif .

Those maps... they look awfully familiar.

Wow, it's been so very, very long since I saw this map... not only have they recreated it, but they've made another one in a similar style. pirate_satisfied.gif I guess I will have to bricklink these after all.

Some of the parts I find most interesting... I do like the portrait of the classic Pirate Captain with classic parrot, even if it does seem to be a sticker. I'm glad to see the POTC globe being used again. But those two maps don't look like stickers to me...

Forgive me if I'm mistaken, but I believe the maps - like the windows, the portrait, and the tile with the Sea Cow on it - are indeed stickers.

I don't have the sticker sheet in front of me as I'm at work, but I thought they were on it.

Also, it looks like you can see the edge of the stickers on both of the map tiles in the higher resolution image from the press release.

As we can all clearly see, lego is slowly releasing pirate accessories and pieces, such as these stickers and photos. Are they gearing up for a new pirates theme?! They have recently released muskets in star wars sets, a conquistador helmet in a star wars set, new pirate looking pieces in every theme…. I see a pattern pirate_laugh_new.gif

Lets hope we get something soon. When they do release the next pirates theme… I will gobble up all the sets, if they don't screw it up.

Forgive me if I'm mistaken, but I believe the maps - like the windows, the portrait, and the tile with the Sea Cow on it - are indeed stickers.

Oh... I think you are right. It would make sense, if they already have some stickers in the set. That makes it easier, I think, because there will be a lot of unwanted sticker sheets on bricklink and I just need to find the appropriate tiles.

I have this on VIP order - should be here soon. It looks very interesting, but looks a little short. What with using only one hull piece across the bottom.

Currently the grandson plays with an old Black Seas Barracuda and a few faked up figures when he comes to visit, and he loves it. I think this will blow his tiny little mind. If he's good I might even left him play with it

i just wish to see a large scale of pirates ship ( same size of the imperial flagship the newest ) in 2014....The movie one, i feel it kinda mess!

Man, this is such great news. I loved the 2009 Pirates. I thought it really demonstrated a complete theme that doesn't need multiple waves. Of course, the classic Pirates stuff is classic.

I didn't enjoy POTC. Though I was in my dark ages for most of the theme, I think the amount of sets really turned me off from the theme. The two big ships were great, but a lot of the smaller sets were incredibly mediocre.

I hope this becomes something like the 2013 Castle theme, but with a bit more detail- one wave would just be fine. :classic:

I missed PoTC completely, would have loved to have gotten one of thoses ships. I'm very excited about a new ship, maybe a fleet of scoundrels.

Pirates return? Awsome. pir_laugh2.gif

I'm sure TLG will make it kid-friendly, but hopefully there are some good sets and maybe new pieces. I really want to see Aztec versus Spanish versus British. Historically acccurate as opposed to fantasy pirates like the last one would be so nice.

Pirates return? Awsome. pir_laugh2.gif

I'm sure TLG will make it kid-friendly, but hopefully there are some good sets and maybe new pieces. I really want to see Aztec versus Spanish versus British. Historically acccurate as opposed to fantasy pirates like the last one would be so nice.

Jean Lafitte is quite the legend around the Texas and Louisiana Gulf Coast. It would be great to have him in a set. I agree that historically accurate pirates would be great for all. I would also like to see a Spanish fort design like the one in San Juan, Puerto Rico.